Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Empty
PostSubject: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 7:17 pm

(Refixed missing post Embarassed ):

Here's another hobby i have, it's Slot car racing. I've been at it (on and off) since getting my first Scalextric set back in the heyday of slot car racing. My first Scalextric set was a 'GP Set 50' a pressie for Christmas, it had Lotus and Cooper GP cars (ref: C81 & C82) One was red and the other was blue, I still have the crash barriers, throttles and most of the track.

I'm more intrested in modern issued cars these days, especially SCX (Technitoys) Rally and GT cars (Le Mans). I have amassed a fair amount of slot cars and accessories over the years. I still have a bundle of my childhood gear, including track, cars, throttles and other accessories.

Slot car racing is classed as an International sport, with clubs and countries competing with one another. I remove the magnets from most of my cars and add extra weight. Racing slot cars without magnets requires more skill and seems a lot more fun, just like back in the day. I'm a fan of the Johnson 111 motors, because i prefer slower rpm cars for short home twisty tracks.

The track below is SCX (Technitoys) I can do an 8 lane circuit, with each lane having it's own power supply. I also have the SCX digital racing system, my Digital SCX sets were imported before they got released in the UK. In the past i visited the 'Molesey Scalextric Club' a few times, when they had their pro wooden track.

I might share some photos of my other hobby at some point ?: 00/HO scale, model Triang/Hornby trains, I have a childhood photo of me with my layout lol!.

This is just a sprinking of some of my modern cars...

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 01A%20TIFF%20WEB%20TITLE%20PINK%20KAR%20PHOTO%20BLURRED%20EFFECTS%20USE%20THIS_zpse7pidbls

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 02%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpsebvjr4ul

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 03%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpsgo8uxalu

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 04%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpswjwtnmjq

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 05%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zps6m4rc5be

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 06%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpsacwpnaii

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 07%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpsjqi7nswm

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 08%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpsnutgzvgc

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 09%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpsrp2v3ims

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 10%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zps13fqbe9b

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 11%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpsmmwavucs

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 12%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zps9axwggu0

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 13%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR_zpspcybscbj

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 14%20TIFF%20WEB%20PINK%20KAR%20END%20SCREEN_zpsqln8ht0y

Repaired missing photos 4/2/2017. Loads more to come at another time.

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o

Last edited by clivvers on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
TALLY HO
ASTRONAUGHT
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 pm

very cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Love it!!...but i tend to like these older style cars, the Bentleys etc.
We used to have stacks of Triang and Scalextric when we were young, and from memory the only things that remain are a grandstand, pit stop with figures, and a Lamborgini MUIRA C17.

It is a crying shame the things that were thrown away or even worse! given to nephews!!!!!!
I have bits and pieces of all toys that i had as a child, Action man, Scalextric, Hornby railways, Airfix 1/32 soldiers.
How any of it survived the mauling they got i will never know!

Clivvers, it must be fantastic to race on an 8 lane track, i can only imagine the fun that would be!

You have a beautiful collection.
Neil.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Fantastic clive!, and great to see this post again bounce . You have a wonderful selection mate, thanks for sharing cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Great looking slot cars Clives! cheers
Fantastic collection! Very Happy

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Beautiful collection Clive! Thanks for reposting the photos, would love to see a shot of you with your childhood layout.

Back in the 60's I had a few cars, 1:24 scale. There was a local track where we could go and rent the controller to race our cars. Tons of fun but the craze didn't last too long. The cars I had were made by Cox, had a couple Chapparals and a Cheetah.

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
snow white
French Resistance
snow white

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:41 pm

brilliant collection

Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:01 am

Very nice Clive.

I remember having a Cooper and Farrari as a kid. Also my brother made an airfix mark 1 Cortina and put a scalextric motor in it. It flew like the wind. I always wanted the bike and sidecars too Smile Happy days
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:30 pm

TALLY HO wrote:
very cool
Cheers, Tally Smile

The Ulsterman wrote:
Love it!!...but i tend to like these older style cars, the Bentleys etc.
We used to have stacks of Triang and Scalextric when we were young, and from memory the only things that remain are a grandstand, pit stop with figures, and a Lamborgini MUIRA C17.

It is a crying shame the things that were thrown away or even worse! given to nephews!!!!!!
I have bits and pieces of all toys that i had as a child, Action man, Scalextric, Hornby railways, Airfix 1/32 soldiers.
How any of it survived the mauling they got i will never know!

Clivvers, it must be fantastic to race on an 8 lane track, i can only imagine the fun that would be!

You have a beautiful collection.
Neil.

I do like the oldies and have a few: Triang minis, Clubmans/minis, Ferrari 330, GT 40's, Scaletti-Arrows (C23), Chaparral and plenty of the 70's and 80's cars, quite a mixed grill. My faves at the moment are the Spanish Scalextric cars (Limited Editions).

When i get time i will scan some of my childhood Scalextric catalogues, i even found 3 doubles at a boot sale, i snapped them up even though i had them. Airfix, those were the days, paint everywhere lol!  That's another hobby i have (Aircraft) Wink

The 8 lane track only comes out at Christmas and Easter (very noisy race events lol!), it takes ages to set up and is huge.

Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic clive!, and great to see this post again bounce . You have a wonderful selection mate, thanks for sharing cheers
Thanks, Dal

I might show a little bit more at a later time Smile

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great looking slot cars Clives! cheers
Fantastic collection! Very Happy
Thanks, Jim Smile

gibri wrote:
Beautiful collection Clive! Thanks for reposting the photos, would love to see a shot of you with your childhood layout.

Back in the 60's I had a few cars, 1:24 scale. There was a local track where we could go and rent the controller to race our cars. Tons of fun but the craze didn't last too long. The cars I had were made by Cox, had a couple Chapparals and a Cheetah.

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Those 1:24 scale cars are beauties! Cox is another famous and well known brand, there's some classic footage on you-tube of club slot car racing in the U.S.
Smile

snow white wrote:
brilliant collection

Thanks, mate! Smile

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Very nice Clive.

I remember having a Cooper  and Farrari as a kid. Also my brother made an airfix  mark 1 Cortina and put a scalextric motor in it. It flew like the wind. I always wanted the bike and sidecars too Smile Happy days

Sounds great, Mark!

Wow, yeah, the Airfix Cortina kit! The kit was white (box version), me and my brothers each had that kit one Christmas, I only had 1 tin of paint left to paint the car, it was bright PINK! The car looked unique when i had finished painting it, i even painted the wheels pink lol!. I remember gluing the wheels to the top of the wheel arches to save time. I had painted the car before the glue had fully set, it was like that back then, we couldn't wait to show mum and dad of our achievement lol!
Happy days indeed, mate! Thanks for sharing a childhood memory Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rossini
Polar Explorer
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 12:42 pm

Hey Clive I've recently seen via FB that Rick (Joeman) is getting back into this in a big way I've told him that you had an interest also so he may contact you via here Smile

BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 3:31 am

Rossini wrote:
Hey Clive I've recently seen via FB that Rick (Joeman) is getting back into this in a big way I've told him that you had an interest also so he may contact you via here Smile
That's good news to hear he is now back into the slot car thing, it's been a passion of mine on and off since i was about 6/7 years old. It's a pity my photos above are missing, i hope to post the images again soon plus some new ones, so watch this space..

Thanx for the intel Ross cheers

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 4:15 am

I've just reposted the missing images above. Smile

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 4:19 am

Great pics Clivvers! cheers
Very nice collection! Very Happy

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 10:21 am

wow Clive superb collection, I loved Scalextric when I was a boy having the lotus race cars and mini rally sets , I got back into it a good few years ago with having a 10 yr old son (hes 21 now ) I purchased a Moto GP Scalextric , it was a Valentine Rossi , Sete Gibernau set unfortunately I bought the biggest set and never had anywhere to set it up fully and only did a simple loop , as at the time our lounge was not big enough ,so sold it on , would love another though

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenA few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 2:16 am

I know what you mean about having a large set and not having much space to set it all up, the simple common oval can be a lot of fun as well, it's the shape i normally use for my 6 lane Nascar and Indy Car races, with each competitor/player taking turns to race on each lane to make it fair. It's a shame you sold your set on, you can always replace it further down the line.. I like the Moto GP sets, and last year I found two boxed Moto GP Scalextric bikes in good condition on one of my usual hunting sorties, they only cost me 50p each, one of the bikes is missing it's rider though (it's not to hard to find a replacement one).

In the past I've had an 8 lane figure of eight circuit up and running a few times at my brother's house, and it was massive! We were racing some classic Le Mans 1960's cars. These days it's usually a two lane expert track with hump bridges and pit change over tracks, My fave track item is the 'Super Sliding Curve Set' they are ice corners made by SCX Technitoys, they are also weathered to look realistic. Another fave of mine is my Rally Chrono set, which is ideal for lone racing fun.

I could talk all night about slot cars but it would bore you. I've also made a few videos in the past (1990's) using an old Sanyo camcorder, I hope to convert the footage to digital and upload it to Photobucket, i did car broadsides coming out of corners in slow motion, the camera was at track level, it looks pretty good, I also filmed crashes in slow motion as well using a Scalextric Lamborghini Diablo..

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Th?&id=OIP.6G5mPb63rpHFZNdNUlsgcQEsDh&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1

Here's an intresting link..

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=images+scalextri+moto+gp

Thaks all for your comments Smile

Last edited by clivvers on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 3:12 am

Cool link Clivvers! Very Happy

I notice your cars look bigger than slot cars I had when I was
younger...

Here's similar to what I had:

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Aurora10

BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 3:58 am

Jim,

I remember those type of HO scale slot race sets, I think most of those sets are between 1:64 to 1:87 HO scale , very cool! I've seen a fully functional Truck Race set where you had to pick up tree logs and do reverses to load and unload them at another part on the circuit, and all under a race timer, it looked fun. My cousin has a few HO scale race sets by Matchbox (uk) his are called 'Race N' Chase'. The HO race scene is just as popular as the big slot cars. I'm a big fan of the Matchbox toy company, I have quite a few of their 1/32 scale SCX slot cars when they owned the SCX Scalextric company in Spain in the early 90's?.

The Scalextric sets I have are all 1/32 scale, I also have a few pro slot cars, one is ancient, there's a really cool pro slot car museum below in the link, it shows all the vintage kits from back in the 1960's when slot car racing was at it's height in the US..

Here's the cool link, it's worth taking your time to have a look around on there: http://www.lascm.com/Slot-Car-Museum/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

And: http://www.bernardsslotcarmuseum.com/

I do hope to take some more photos of my Slot Car gear, I'm not really into vintage only because it's rare and all that, I like the modern issued cars that can be raced to the max without the worry of breaking anything, because they are easily replaceable.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 4:22 am

clivvers wrote:
Jim,

I remember those type of HO scale slot race sets, I think most of those sets are between 1:64 to 1:87 HO scale , very cool! I've seen a fully functional Truck Race set where you had to pick up tree logs and do reverses to load and unload them at another part on the circuit, and all under a race timer, it looked fun. My cousin has a few HO scale race sets by Matchbox (uk) his are called 'Race N' Chase'. The HO race scene is just as popular as the big slot cars. I'm a big fan of the Matchbox toy company, I have quite a few of their 1/32 scale SCX slot cars when they owned the SCX Scalextric company in Spain in the early 90's?.

The Scalextric sets I have are all 1/32 scale, I also have a few pro slot cars, one is ancient, there's a really cool pro slot car museum below in the link, it shows all the vintage kits from back in the 1960's when slot car racing was at it's height in the US..

Here's the cool link, it's worth taking your time to have a look around on there: http://www.lascm.com/Slot-Car-Museum/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

And: http://www.bernardsslotcarmuseum.com/

I do hope to take some more photos of my Slot Car gear, I'm not really into vintage only because it's rare and all that, I like the modern issued cars that can be raced to the max without the worry of breaking anything, because they are easily replaceable.

Oh I see they have different scales for slot car racing...

Yes if I raced I would also prefer modern slot cars over vintage...

Cool link Clivvers! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..   A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post).. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few of my Slot cars (fixed missing post)..
Page 1 of 1