ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
Glidah Drivah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Empty
PostSubject: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Some months ago, I picked up a rather battered early MOA at a toy show from the damaged loose box of a barbie dealer. He's a flocked Action soldier with a bad eye paint job. He was missing his lower right arm and left foot, and was just generally dirty.

From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150103_093750_zps30267975
From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150103_093758_zps7354ad42

I managed to get some spare parts and clean him up
From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150109_201813_zpsea373810

and got him ready for adventures.

Through some trades with some upstanding fellow collectors, he's gone from not being ready for display, to overseeing the inspections!

From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150410_080533_zpsaoub1a2z
From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150410_080539_zpsu6rk4mrm
From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150410_075443_zpsnt6ftq9l

-Nate

Last edited by Glidah Drivah on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Very nice Nate, and a top bit of restoration work! He looks terrific mate and fully deserves his place in the display cabinet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Superb job Nate well looks great in the cabinet Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 4:27 pm

it looks very nice
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 4:49 pm

What a turn-a-round! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Fixing up old fuzz heads is my favorite part of the hobby, great job done!

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks for all the kind words! Just a small update, I managed to source him a vintage MP helmet; and another item that both hides his wonky eye and adds an air of authority!

From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150412_152726_zpsogdyz7sv
From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! 20150412_152741_zpsrwdnvfda

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Nice resto job. cheers

PostSubject: Re: From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!   From the bargain bin to the front of the display case! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From the bargain bin to the front of the display case!
Page 1 of 1