ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman

Go down 
+9
Sparklebudgie
Ddaydawson
zulu1
ghost recon
inntruderr61
Bond007ca
TALLY HO
AManfromcoalville
BAMComix
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Empty
PostSubject: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 am

Hey Guys my  turn

Name? -
Darrall, but my friends call me Dal

Online name? -
Blondeactionman

Location? -
Bartley Green, Birmingham. I live close to the green belt, a quick five minute walk and I am in fields and woodlands.

First vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figure?
Thats a hard question. I shall have to answer it in two parts. The first figures I remember having were a couple of black bin liners full of second hand vam. My Dad knew a chap who ownned a second hand shop close to where we lived when I was a kid. In the bag were a mixture of about 8 figures, fuzzy and ph's as well as a scorpion tank and a load of clothes. I am pretty sure my favourite was a fuzzy who was dressed in a British Infantry uniform (the one with the gas mask). My first new figure that I remember having was a bp ee talking commander (crazy eyes) who over the years had many battles and was held together heavily by the end by lots of sello tape !!! It was only a few months back that Charlie (charmic1) helped me out with body parts and he was re built, without the aid of sello tape and a re flock by Tony at flocktastic and he now is as good as new and has stubble that I always wanted him to have as a kid .

Favourite figure now? -
That would have to be the one I always wanted as a kid, the American version of Atomic Man Major Mike Power. I had a lot of help getting this one from Dom & Ade (thanks guys) and have only had him a few weeks. He is awesome !!! definately my best figure and purchase to date.

Most desired item? -
that would have to be a vintage AT Commander figure, the chap in the camos, shoulder holster and beard. I think they are great . However ideally he would have to come with the GI Joe Mobile Command centre, fully kitted !!!!

What will you do with your collection as you get older?
That is an easy one, it will all be passed on to my son. I could not be happier about that

Do you set yourself a budget? -
Yeah I try to, about £40.00 a month, but I always go over !!!

Worst vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figure?  -
I have a love/hate thing with my Otaku doll. I really like the figure. However, they are so weak in the joints. I have had to repair both arms, hip joint and ankle joint since Christmas . the problem is they are a great addition to just sit on a shelf, but be wary of too much movement.

Views on 40th reproductions? -
Not really experienced in this area, as |I have only just aquired a couple. The uniforms I do not think are too bad, great stop gap parts until you could get the vintage ones. I would have to give the uniforms and guns 8/10 over all. As for the figures, well the first thing I noticed is how much lighter they are than the original figures. It is almost like they are missing something. I am not going to disgaurd them as over all they are not bad but I would only give them a 6/10, because hey they are not vintage are they? 'nuff said.

Worst item of vam/gi joe/mam range?
For me this is an easy one. Without a doubt it has to be the space ranger series. I could not stand them. I brought a space ranger talking commander recently and kit bashed the figure instead. the space rangers never quite matched up to a boy who loved Star Wars !!! .

Best thing about collecting vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figures? -
I would have to agree with Dom, kit bashing !! It is great fun and because of being an adult you can track down what you want them to have. Then again there is nothing more exciting than waiting for the post man with your latest purchase be it clothes, a bit of kit you need to finish a uniform or a figure you never owned as a kid .

Do you think your collection will be collectable in the future? -
I think vam like all toys, (Dinky toys) will always have an interest in being collected, sadly though we are the last of our generation that would have had hands on play time with them. People will I think collect them for collectors items and not the toy that we all had and loved as a kid .

If you did not collect vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figures what would you collect? -
I do not know, I have brought and sold many different collections of things but always come back to vam and 1/6 figures, so probably just parking tickets !!! !!!!

Why do you like ammo ?
again an easy question to answer, to be in the company of such fine gentlemen who all share the same passion for the toy that we all played with as kids. And of course to be with such fine friends

thank you for reading my interview, I hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks guys for joining and making this such a great place to be

Last edited by Blondeactionman on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy What a great read and what a top feller - your passion for the hobby shines right through the interview!

I'm impressed by the diversity of your interest and collection, painted heads, Crazy eyes, GI Joe Advenure Team - you got it all going on! And for example - Major Mike Power doesn't often get name dropped over here!

Excellent, Darrall. Thanks for diving right in, and sharing this with us!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:48 pm

many thanks Jim, you are too kind. I am glad you enjoyed the read mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Great interview Darrall Very Happy parking tickets lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 pm

no problem mate, I am glad that you enjoyed reading it cheers
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:35 pm

a good read .........I was a bit unsure about green belt and woodland in brum .only joking !! remember iam a Walsall lad..all these interviews have been a great read ...well done
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:40 pm

lol! !! cheers Tally, I am pleased you enjoyed it my friend ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:40 pm

I am glad I read this one Dal,

We have chatted a lot and its nice to get to know you even more at this level bro!

Len

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Bond0010
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:42 pm

many thanks len ! Very Happy , I am pleased that you enjoyed reading my interview cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Since I did my interview a while back now, I have since added the Joe MSV to my collection as well as a few Joes  cheers 

My favourite figure, Major Mike Power

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Joes002_zps16498f7a

My desired item,

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman ATMSV2_zps4441bed3
Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman ATMSV4_zps684d0794
Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman ATMSV1_zps3ded4837

and some of my Joes

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman 016_zpseb7fde49

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman 008_zps0707d647

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman 014_zpsc7577ba5

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:55 pm

AT Talking Commanders

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman 010_zps0350f76b

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman D2_zps2d916edf
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Fantastic interview and hurray on the added pics... cheers 
Job well done Dal!  Very Happy 

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks Jim  cheers , I have made many good trades to put together my Joe's from a lot of good buddies who were kind enough to help me. Now for the added questions,

What AM/Joe outfit or set would you like to have seen released?
Always a difficult question to answer, I think I personally would like to see a modern UK desert trooper and/or a selection of WWI uniforms.

Do you have a/What is your favourite section of AMMO?
Favourite section of ammo is a difficult one to answer, because I find all sections interesting. I love looking at every new post that appears and seeing what you guys post ! The new additions that appear to everyone's collection, the kit bashes and the great diversity that gets posted. However, I do enjoy chatting with the lads in the ammo arms, always great for a good laugh ! and getting to know people in a real time enviroment.

Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Nice read Dal & very nice uploads.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Thanks Ade, glad you enjoyed reading it mate, I thought it was about time I updated it !  lol! 
Back to top Go down
zulu1
Painted Head
zulu1

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Nice one Dal! Very impressed with the MSV too!
Back to top Go down
Ddaydawson
Painted Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:18 am

Great Interview Dal, I too am impressed with your diversity in collecting. Mike Powers is a very interesting choice of favourites for a lad from England, great stuff Dal. I too love the Adventurer series from the US and I would love to own the set of the Land, Air ands sea adventurers. Great interview and great collecting.
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:27 am

Only just read this thread, nice read Dal.
Great collection of Joes.  cheers 

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks guys !, yeah, I suppose a Mike Power is an odd choice from a lad from the UK !, but I do like variety in my collection  Very Happy . I am pleased that you guys like my Joe's, I have only been able to collect them because of some great friendships with some of our American collecters (you guys know who you are ! many thanks guys Very Happy ). I am pleased that you guys enjoyed reading my interview  Very Happy  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:06 am

actionman2272 wrote:
AT Talking Commanders

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman 010_zps0350f76b

Is this one of the club editions or vintage?
Superb either way.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 am

he is a Club edition mate, I had him from Joeman  cheers , glad you like him mate
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 4:08 pm

I can't believe I missed this interview, it must of been when I was away?  scratch 

Another excellent interview, very intresting Very Happy  You've got some great looking figures too!  cheers cheers cheers

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks Clive  cheers , I am pleased that you enjoyed it, it was fun to do  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:21 am

Pleased you got your most desired item, can see why, cool vehicle. Nice read too mate. cheers 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:23 am

Thanks Ray  Very Happy , only landed the msv thru good friends and trades on here mate  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman   Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Augusts Interview - Blondeactionman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next