ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Sears...Canadian Mountie

Go down 
+6
brownboots
pachwerk
action-johnny
somekindajoe
thierry
BAMComix
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Empty
PostSubject: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:18 pm

I put together another Sears set, this time a Canadian Mountie.
As with the others, a custom made box.
Shame I don't have the brown boots.

PICS FURTHER DOWN...
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Very nice Johnny!, another great set and custom box cheers
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:49 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
king king king king king king

beautifull
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Very, very nice. I had hold of a genuine one at the Bolton Toy Show
A while back....that's close.

Here's the one I lovingly handled......
Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Mountiebox_zpsc33ff173

The contents.
Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Mountie_zpsf6362274

Great project!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Very nice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 pm

A great bash John!

...and a great ''I've held an original' anecdote Paul! (with pics to prove it!!) lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 pm

great set
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Now that is nice brownboots, it looks like the one that is on google images a lot (you can tell by the sticker residue on the word 'set'), proving that it is very rare and not many about.
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:56 pm

That is a very good looking Mountie.

Rich
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 pm

action-johnny wrote:
Now that is nice brownboots, it looks like the one that is on google images a lot (you can tell by the sticker residue on the word 'set'), proving that it is very rare and not many about.

The figure in my photos IS that very one, I snapped it at the Vectis stand, the lovely gentleman
who was a Vectis employee is a MASSIVE Joe fan...I think he only showed me it to stop me
Drooling over the boxed figures. The owner of that Joe was asking about £1000.00 for it so it
Just remains unsold......and as a side note the Vectis guy told me he keeps that figure close to him
At his office.......he has a real soft spot for it.....who wouldn't? It's in amazing condition too, really crisp!
Looking at the photo again I noticed the figure seems to be supplied with rope, amazing what you don't take in
First looks!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:39 am

Great looking Mountie Johnny! cheers

Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 11:40 am

My box may be an original? It came with the Joe but no details so I stuck a sticker on the lid. But...looking at this auction on ebay USA looks like my box but only has details on the sides but the same sort of number hand written...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-VINTAGE-GI-JOE-1967-CANADIAN-MOUNTIE-ORIGINAL-EMPTY-BOX-/221751540772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a16bfc24

This is mine....very similar, white corrugated, very old box..
Another Sears...Canadian Mountie DSCN1635_zpscykhrvxo
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 11:44 am

Maybe I should have left the box as it was? I even put tape over the picture I printed off...doh! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 12:14 am

Fear not, Johnny, it's not a vintage box. The artwork on a vintage Mountie box doesn't have white borders like yours, and the box is too big.

Another pretty good indicator is the crossed 7. That is something that folks here in Canada have only recently started to do. Back in 1966 it was very uncommon and wouldn't be used by Simpson Sears mail order clerks.
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 9:22 am

Ah, that's good, I thought I'd ruined a vintage box Cool

Joe90, do you know why a lot of US/Canadian G.I Joe Mounties have the 'Palitoy AM' jackets? Mine came with an AM jacket and I have been on USA ebay and there are 3 mounties on there at the moment all with Palitoy AM tagged jackets!
Are the Hasbro G.I Joe tagged Mountie jackets rare?

Here's 3 examples...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121656520999?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GI-Joe-Action-Man-Vintage-Canadian-Mountie-Uniforms-Lot-Boots-Jackets-Pants-/161727196778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a7b12e6a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superb-Vintage-Canadian-GI-Joe-Action-Man-Mountie-w-Boxes-Paperwork-Guard-Dog-/111612668815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fca22b8f
Back to top Go down
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 am

I did a Sears 'homage', for the brown boots I successfully painted some standard jack boots using the same Citadel acrylic brown that I paint the hair of painted head figures with.

I realise this is a 'bodge' but it looks okay and cost very little to do.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 2:43 am

action-johnny wrote:
Joe90, do you know why a lot of US/Canadian G.I Joe Mounties have the 'Palitoy AM' jackets? Mine came with an AM jacket and I have been on USA ebay and there are 3 mounties on there at the moment all with Palitoy AM tagged jackets!
Are the Hasbro G.I Joe tagged Mountie jackets rare?

Yes, relative to the VAM and Euro-Joe Mounties, the G.I. Joe Mountie is rare. The Japan Mountie was only made for a year and was on the shelf starting Christmas, 1966. It was in the 1967 Sears Christmas magazine but that would have been Japan overstock because by 1967 G.I. Joe production was exclusively in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Mountie was only made in 1976 and was produced in bigger numbers but it's still fairly rare. It is exactly like the Euro-Mountie made by Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, etc.

Back in the 1990's when the G.I. Joe pieces were stoopidly expensive a lot of VAM and Euro-Joe stuff made its way over here because it was way less money. There were a lot of Mounties imported.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:09 am

John,

You could always paint a spare pair of black Mountie boots a brown colour, use an undercoat first Wink

action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Got a better, smaller box....
Another Sears...Canadian Mountie DSCN1672_zpsxywvpmev
Another Sears...Canadian Mountie DSCN1674_zpsq5pyrnwe
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:16 pm

Very cool Johnny!, nice work mate cheers
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Left fore finger missing due to accident with ice axe.... Surprised
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:36 pm

action-johnny wrote:

Shocked
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:50 pm

action-johnny wrote:

Ouch!

Nice kit, paintheads seem to suit the Mountie uniform better than any other Action Man figure Wink

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 2:59 pm

My Joe now has some nice brown boots as they should be for this set. Got them from Cotswolds...still not got a G.I Joe Hasbro tunic though!
Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Mountie2_zpsn4fb2kwa
Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Mountie4_zps86zct3qn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Sears...Canadian Mountie   Another Sears...Canadian Mountie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Sears...Canadian Mountie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next