ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joeman, Vintage only!

Go down 
+7
Rossini
ghost recon
Sparkys6887
barney_leadhead
Danthecoat
BAMComix
inntruderr61
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Great eye candy Rick! Very nice group of soldiers! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My best SOTW original HASBRO!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 am

I still need a few parts, and a complete Brit! Here they are so far. All vintage Hasbro, have the medals all but the Russian.

French Resistance is still on a regular PH Joe, I'm afraid to touch the nice sweater?? These are some of my favorites.

Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 102_2327Medium
Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 102_2328Medium
Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 102_2329Medium
Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 102_2330Medium

Again, thanks for letting me share!

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:34 am

Danthecoat wrote:
I find the MP'e intriguing to say the least Rick ?????????????

I have a Green G i Joe MP and paid quite a bit for it as i always thought it was very rare. The one thing i noticed is that there are different opinions over what belt he was issued with either Tan or White i have been shown a carded example over on the trenches and they have a Tan belt included but what are your experiences with this particular mp ????

The Tan one ive never seen in real life so i dont know weather it exists or not some people say it does and some say its just the dark brown one that has faded over the years ???

The thing i have noticed is that th people that say the tan is just a faded example havent got one in their collection so again i would welcome your personal view Smile

As for the Dark brown i think we all agree that is common Smile

One more question........................

was there ever an orange scarf or again are they faded red dickies ?????

I have been told that desimones book is riddled with mistakes Sad

Sadly this is true to an extent of Alan Halls and Kevin Kings which is what makes this hobby so exciting and Francis Baird affraid Lets not even go there scratch lol!

Danny, I'm certain all my stuff is vintage Joe, including the tan one (it came in a local collection purchase where everything else was correct? It's all marked and tagged properly. I have even had a local fabric artist inspect them, and she swears there are no dies or wash outs. She is the wife of a local fellow collector, and she knows her sh*t!.

As for the belt colors, I've seen white mostly, I may be wrong, but I'm not against the tan ones they might even look better.

All the books I've seen have errors, we'll never know 100% what is right or not. They are damn good guides though! I try to follow the books as closely as possible with a bit of poetic justice thrown in where needed!

The Dickies are all redish orange, I don't expect faded ones due to their condition, maybe the lighting???

Did I respond to everything??

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 am

I forgot the LSO! BTW, I have another for sale, almost as nice w/o figure!

Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 102_2304Medium

Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 102_2306Medium

Rick
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:50 am

Wow Rick. Stunning I really enjoyed looking threw your figures! Where to start? I want a set of those camo's, amazing! Ski Patrol, awesome! And those GB's are great. Is it right that the Gi Joe version wasn't awarded the silver Star? Love your SOTC. I want the AM version of French Resistance next. And how could you forget your LSO? A fabulous figure. Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 am

Lots of great Joes Rick! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 am

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Wow Rick. Stunning I really enjoyed looking threw your figures! Where to start? I want a set of those camo's, amazing! Ski Patrol, awesome! And those GB's are great. Is it right that the Gi Joe version wasn't awarded the silver Star? Love your SOTC. I want the AM version of French Resistance next. And how could you forget your LSO? A fabulous figure. Thanks for posting!

Glad you enjoyed them! Just a few more PH figs left to post. Then on to part 2, the Adventure Team!

Thanks, Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:09 am

Some absolutely lovely figures mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 am

joeman wrote:
Danthecoat wrote:
I find the MP'e intriguing to say the least Rick ?????????????

I have a Green G i Joe MP and paid quite a bit for it as i always thought it was very rare. The one thing i noticed is that there are different opinions over what belt he was issued with either Tan or White i have been shown a carded example over on the trenches and they have a Tan belt included but what are your experiences with this particular mp ????

The Tan one ive never seen in real life so i dont know weather it exists or not some people say it does and some say its just the dark brown one that has faded over the years ???

The thing i have noticed is that th people that say the tan is just a faded example havent got one in their collection so again i would welcome your personal view Smile

As for the Dark brown i think we all agree that is common Smile

One more question........................

was there ever an orange scarf or again are they faded red dickies ?????

I have been told that desimones book is riddled with mistakes Sad

Sadly this is true to an extent of Alan Halls and Kevin Kings which is what makes this hobby so exciting and Francis Baird affraid Lets not even go there scratch lol!

Im with you Rick i am sure there is a tan one out there as i have a few faded brown ones and they are uneven in colour and dont have the patch above the pocket which i have always thought is a giveaway in its self

So i personally believe there is a

Green one
Tan one
Brown one

You have so superb figures mate and should be proud i love looking at them Smile so keep posting........................

BTW i have Tan belt on my green MP with the white by his side Wink

I think its down to preference Smile

Exactly what we did as kids mixed an matched

Great Posts mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny, I'm certain all my stuff is vintage Joe, including the tan one (it came in a local collection purchase where everything else was correct? It's all marked and tagged properly. I have even had a local fabric artist inspect them, and she swears there are no dies or wash outs. She is the wife of a local fellow collector, and she knows her sh*t!.

As for the belt colors, I've seen white mostly, I may be wrong, but I'm not against the tan ones they might even look better.

All the books I've seen have errors, we'll never know 100% what is right or not. They are damn good guides though! I try to follow the books as closely as possible with a bit of poetic justice thrown in where needed!

The Dickies are all redish orange, I don't expect faded ones due to their condition, maybe the lighting???

Did I respond to everything??

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 am

great posts again Rick

i have a spare russian medal - no ribbon - and a near complete Brit Infantry. If you fancy sorting a trade for your spare LSO drop me a PM

Cheers

Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 am

whats the story on the french guys sweater - looks too chunky to be a hasbro item - is it a home knit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

akumulator wrote:
great posts again Rick

i have a spare russian medal - no ribbon - and a near complete Brit Infantry. If you fancy sorting a trade for your spare LSO drop me a PM

Cheers

Paul.

Yes, yes,yes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 pm

akumulator wrote:
whats the story on the french guys sweater - looks too chunky to be a hasbro item - is it a home knit?

I'm afraid to touch it, but It is original, tagged! They were bulky knit!

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 pm

joeman wrote:
akumulator wrote:
great posts again Rick

Cheers

Paul.

Yes, yes,yes!

let me get some pics together over the weekend - can you do the same
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 pm

akumulator wrote:
joeman wrote:
akumulator wrote:
great posts again Rick

Cheers

Paul.

Yes, yes,yes!

let me get some pics together over the weekend - can you do the same

Sure!
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 pm

I think they had a camp poncho as well ????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:24 am

Danthecoat wrote:

I've never seen a camo backpack or parachute pack. My Marine has a camo tent on top of the green backpack, and the Marine Paratrooper has a green parachute pack.

Yes, camo ponchos are pretty common.

Rick
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 pm

I figured that was probably the camo tent draped over the green packpack after researching it..
Looks cool Rick!

joeman wrote:
Danthecoat wrote:

I've never seen a camo backpack or parachute pack. My Marine has a camo tent on top of the green backpack, and the Marine Paratrooper has a green parachute pack.

Yes, camo ponchos are pretty common.

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 am

A couple of SOTW additions, my second one of each. Got lucky on that last collection purchase, I'm still putting guys together!

Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 100_2621Medium

Thanks for letting me share!

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

Another newbie. Clean and simple, Sailor!

Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 100_2623Medium
Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 100_2622Medium

Thanks, Rick
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 am

Your Russian and Aussie are great Rick but I just live the simplicity of your sailor top marks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 am

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Your Russian and Aussie are great Rick but I just live the simplicity of your sailor top marks.

Thanks, I agree, my Buddy was over last night, and I showed him all the new stuff, SOTW, 69 Negro Adventurer, and you know what he liked best??
The simple Sailor. He can't have this one so I need to put one together for him!

The old adage, "sometimes less is more" certainly applies here!

Rick
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:30 pm

A visually stunning thread Rick , love the Gb's , The LSO..........Damn , pretty much everyone really.
A beautiful collection of figures Rick.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 pm

awesome Joe's Rick, they look fantastic cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Plain ole sailor looks great Rick! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joeman, Vintage only!   Joeman, Vintage only! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joeman, Vintage only!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next