ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pedigree Captain Scarlet.

Go down 
+5
blueboxier
gibri
Hawkeye
BAMComix
somekindajoe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Empty
PostSubject: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:53 pm

I recently picked up something thats been a long time holy grail for me, the Pedigree Captain Scarlet.

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2281_zpsjp7nwy8o

He must have been my first ever action figure! I recieved one for christmas 1967 and although I really don't have any childhood memory of the chronology, that pre-dates the 1968 release of my first AM, a PH Talking Commander. So Cap here was my introduction to the world of 1/6th action figures!

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2282_zps3hxeusvm

You probably have had to have been there as a kid growing up in the 60's to appreciate how popular the Gerry Anderson TV shows were. People often site Goerge Lucas as the master of licence merchandising with his Star Wars franchise but a decade before that Anderson made sure the likes of Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds permeated every aspect of a young fan's life. As well as the TV shows there were comics, clothes, toys, sweets and even ice lollies,! but for me one item stood head and shoulders above all the other Anderson themed goodies...The good Captain here!

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Pbucket

The figure itself is based on the Tommy Gunn body. The usual TG headsculpt has been replaced with one that vaguely resembles the Captain Scarlet puppet in the TV series. although it does seem to have a Takara/Anime feel to it.

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2286_zpsytykh1nr

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2287_zpssgwhqxrk

He's dressed in a good approximation of the TV character's uniform except the jump suit is blue rather than the correct dark gray/black. Interestingly the child's Captain Scarlet dress up set produced at the same time also has a blue jumpsuit.

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2300_zpseseh0oux

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2303_zpsbaorz9cu

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2304_zps68iyhmcm

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2307_zpsem76tz4k

Just like on the TV show, Cap's helemt mic flips up and down.

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2289_zpssxhkicti_1
The box art is pretty cool too!

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2293_zpsb3jf3yk4

The Pedigree Captain Scarlet. I thought he was pretty amazing in 1967 and the nearly 50 years since have done nothing to alter my opinion!

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2322_zpsqu6rqfqp

I'd like to thank Dave for his help, advice and support during my search for a nice Captain Scarlet figure. Cheers Mate!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Last edited by somekindajoe on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Very nice steve!, he really is a great figure cheers
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Nice find Steve and I totally agree he would be my Holy Grail figure too, totally jealous indeed alien lol!

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 9:15 pm

fantastic figure love it
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 11:32 pm

Great figure, Steve, thanks for posting all the detailed photos. I dont' know much about Tommy Gunn either, but those look like Hasbro hard-hands(?)

I remember the Thunderbirds, Fireball XL5 and Aqua Marina, but somehow I missed Captain Scarlet. From what little I've seen on YouTube, it was a little on the scary side.

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 1:26 pm

Gerry Anderson gave a lot of kids much pleasure over the years bri Laughing

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Congrats he looks great Steve! cheers

SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 4:15 pm

Very nice SKJ, well worth the wait. cheers cheers cheers

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 5:38 pm

blueboxier wrote:
Gerry Anderson gave a lot of kids much pleasure over the years bri Laughing

No Doubt, Jim. Smile

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Reg_634.GerryAnderson.mh.122612
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Pic's repaired!

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. DSCF2326_zpshtplb6kb

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:10 pm

always great too see the captain again! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 1:14 pm

That is the nicest Captain Scarlet figure I have seen , and never have with the box , great score and something to treasure for sure .

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm

That's a fine example you've got there, Steve.  Cool

I don't care for Star Wars, Supermarionation will always be king in my book, and especially Captain Scarlet. Captain Scarlet was extremely popular back then, there was loads of merchandise to support the series too, things such as free gifts inside Cornflake packets I think? ice lollies and bubble-gum cards top collect.. My mum told me I used to rush home from school to be in front of the tv in time to see captain scarlet, my mum used to watch it with me.. Bubble-gum trading cards were a huge thing back then in the sch*ol playground, we used to swap our doubles for needed cards, we'de also play cards up the wall to win more, sch*ol shorts pockets were bulging with bubble-gum cards in those days and all held together with an elastic band, the teachers were always confiscating my cards, especially the Civil War ones  Sad  

Pedigree Captain Scarlet. 1024px-NMM_Supermarionation_puppets_2106

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pedigree Captain Scarlet.   Pedigree Captain Scarlet. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pedigree Captain Scarlet.
Page 1 of 1