Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
action-johnny
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Went shopping a couple of weeks back in Tesco and they have a 'Dobbies' home & garden centre within the store. As I was browsing in there I noticed some Marvel canvas prints tucked under a shelf and part of the display box laying on the floor. I could see they were having a refurb so asked a member of staff what was going to happen to the display part. "Do you want it?" was his reply.....say no more true believers!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Well done John!

Old Stan would say you're R.F.O. (Real Frantic One)  for noticing that print and a F.F.F. ((Fearless Front Facer) – an honorary title bestowed for devotion to Marvel above and beyond the call of duty) for saving it! You're a real K.O.F. (Keeper Of The Flame)!

Nuff said!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
action-johnny
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 am

Thanks Steve.
The display is about 4 foot, got to be a Marvel collectable for sure Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:15 pm

What a great result! nice one mate cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Great stuff Mate, well rescued there AJ!!!

Beatlefan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:03 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Well done John!

Old Stan would say you're R.F.O. (Real Frantic One)  for noticing that print and a F.F.F. ((Fearless Front Facer) – an honorary title bestowed for devotion to Marvel above and beyond the call of duty) for saving it! You're a real K.O.F. (Keeper Of The Flame)!

Nuff said!

Award yourself a No-Prize for remembering all those abbreviations Steve.

Excelsior!!!!!

action-johnny
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Looks like a bit of Kirby, Buscema, Colan, Severin (or Trimpe) and Romita in there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Heroic find you got yourself they for free, well done, were you going to display it?

action-johnny
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:42 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
Heroic find you got yourself they for free, well done, were you going to display it?

The converted garage is my 'man cave' so it will adorn a wall somewhere in there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 pm

action-johnny wrote:
Looks like a bit of Kirby, Buscema, Colan, Severin (or Trimpe) and Romita in there...

With all the Marvel themed clothing that's around now days my kids hate it when I tell them which artist drew a particular character, or which issue of a particular comic an image comes from. lol!

'You're such a nerd dad!!' Rolling Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   

Back to top Go down

Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1