ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just finished putting this Adventurer together

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
AManfromcoalville
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

Just finished putting this Adventurer together Empty
PostSubject: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:24 pm

I finished putting this fella together this week. Got the figure quite a while ago, he was in excellent condition and had a really good face but needed a reflock. Had that done and was very pleased with him so I wanted a nice vintage outfit for him.
I picked up the Adventurer outfit on ebay, the white jumper was really grubby and was stained so wasn't sure how it would come out. Half a dozen washes later in mild detergent and it came out much beter than I had hoped.
He should have hard hands really to go with the white jumper but I only had vintage grippers, I was trying to avoid any repro parts for him (apart from the reflock) so went with the grippers.

Just finished putting this Adventurer together 017-4

Just finished putting this Adventurer together 018-5

Just finished putting this Adventurer together 020-5
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:26 pm

The Adventurer is such a simple basic outfit but I really love the look of it.

Just finished putting this Adventurer together 021-4

Just finished putting this Adventurer together 022-4
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 pm

he looks fantastic ! Looks like he has just come out of the box, great re flock too, who did you get to do it? I also really like the basic adventurer outfit, I have put my blue Jumper version on my vintage geyper and he looks great.
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Wa-hoo! Looks terrific. cheers

Those white Polos are quite hard to come by now, aren't they?

I think they also look super dooper when folks combine them under the BOB jacket.

I never know which is best white or blue polo! Get 'em both!!!!! And the Adventurer boxes are superb, as well, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks Dal, the reflock was done by Action Burt a while back. I don't think he does it anymore, he sold his equipment on.

Do we have anyone on here that does reflocking?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Flocktastic does all mine cheers , I think there is a link for his website on here somewhere, then again you can just type flocktastic into google cheers
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Totally agree Jim, I have a vintage blue jumper set too which I put on a vintage BP EE figure.

I'll dig him out and post some pics.

Just finished putting this Adventurer together Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks Dal, I'll look him up.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:47 pm

He did my avatar, he has a custom 0.5mm stubble with a standard 2mm re flock cheers
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Sorry to quickly nip 'off topic' but I do want to say Flocktastic is second to none in my opinion! I'll post some examples asap.

He's not taking on work until the new year, but he's worth waiting for, and in the meantime, check out his excellent site - the examples, and collections are great to see!

http://www.flocktastic.co/index.html
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 pm

well done Jim ! yeah there are a couple of mine on his site Very Happy . Have to agree with Jim, Tony is in my opinion the best cheers
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Thanks Dal and Jim, I will contact him in the new year. I have a few in need of reflock.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:25 pm

you will not be disppointed mate cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:53 pm

He looks perfect!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Hey Beatlefan,
I think your finished Adventurer you have put together looks fantastic, the reflock looks great. Your Half a dozen washes later in mild detergent has really workout wonders with his white jumper, he looks all white in it Laughing . I agree with you that the Adventurer is such a simple basic outfit; my Stirling is wearing the blue jumper outfit. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your blue jumper vintage BP EE figure. Great poses you have done with your finished Adventurer and great camera work.
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 am

Looking good beatlefan, I love the adventurer outfit, I try and take the one I have everytime I go visiting or holidays. I will have to get me one of those white jumpers and put together another adventurer, it wil have to go on a B.P as thats what I mostly collect. Not being a purist collector I think it will look great. Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:24 am

looks great Beatlefan - very crisp and clean - and ready for action!
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for the comments eveyone, must get my other Adventurers together for some more pics.

Ackie, your pics of Stirling was one of the inspirations to finally get this figure finished and take some pics.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:05 pm

He looks fabulous mate. Can't wait to see your other adventurer and the two together. Hadn't considered buying the adventurer until now that is!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just finished putting this Adventurer together   Just finished putting this Adventurer together Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just finished putting this Adventurer together
Page 1 of 1