ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Green Beret's new weapons

Go down 
+2
Hawkeye
TheOneManKid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Green Beret's new weapons Empty
PostSubject: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Seven got some new weapons and binoculars for his Green Beret uniform set. Mixing the 21st Century accessories with the vintage kit seems to work very well; what do you think?

M16 with grenade launcher:
Green Beret's new weapons Seven_10

Beretta M9 pistol:
Green Beret's new weapons Seven_11

No idea what the binoculars are; anyone have any idea?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:06 pm

very smart the binos look like the modern joe classic collection ones
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:08 pm

Swwwweeeeet now that's some boomstick and gegs very nice indeed Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:10 pm

snow white wrote:
very smart the binos look like the modern joe classic collection ones

The binoculars were sold as 21st Century, but I was wondering if they are a copy of something in the 1:1 world?

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 11:08 am

Not bad Ralph Cool

The outfit is in top condition! But isn't that a modern'ish day M16? If so, it needs a modern day outfit to go with it? Laughing

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 12:23 pm

clivvers wrote:
Not bad Ralph Cool

The outfit is in top condition! But isn't that a modern'ish day M16? If so, it needs a modern day outfit to go with it? Laughing

Clive... Tom's Crew wear military chic as a fashion statement, so there is no attempt at

recreating authentic period military uniforms... lol!

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 3:12 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:
clivvers wrote:
Not bad Ralph Cool

Clive... Tom's Crew wear military chic as a fashion statement, so there is no attempt at

recreating authentic period military uniforms... lol!

lol! cheers

somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 6:25 pm

I think the 21st century M16 looks great! The bino's are a bit modern for the 1960's GB too but they work well. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it before but the GB was my 1st childhood VAM uni.  I only mention this to explain the half the reason I picked it over the other SOTC uniforms was because it had a 'modern' rifle as opposed to the WWII era weapons the other sets

TheOneManKid wrote:
Tom's Crew wear military chic as a fashion statement  

:roll:Did he really say that?? lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
barney_leadhead
Painted Head
barney_leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:20 pm

I did post but it has gone somewhere into the cyber ether Shocked

I like the C21st weapons as they are a good fit with Palitoy and Hasbro as they offer a similar level of detail and are suitably robust for play.

I wasn't keen on the Green Beret as a display uniform but I really like it as a combat uniform especially with your embellishments and maybe slightly regret getting rid of my extra 40th set.

I rather like those high boots too with the chunkier moulded laces - are they Cotswold too?

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:45 pm

Thanks for looking guys, the bash is just a bit of fun, I thought it'd be cool to modernise an old vintage set to see how it turned out... Razz

Hasbro/Palitoy/Repro Parts:
Cots black t-shirt... lol! You can't see that!
Made in Japan vintage G.I. Joe green beret (forgot what the badge is... scratch)
Vintage Action Man Green Beret jacket, trousers and neck scarf
Action Man 40th belt and holster
G.I. Joe 40th tall blacks

Ultimate Soldier Parts:
Black gloves
Beretta M9
M16 with grenade launcher
Special forces binoculars

Oh! And Seven is the only paint head on Tom's Crew. He's a modified circa 1967 Action Marine... Very Happy

Green Beret's new weapons Seven_12

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Forget about Green Beret's new weapons, for me it's Green Beret's binoculars, I'm just loving them. I'm really liking the photos showing off Green Beret's new weapons.

Painted Head
barney_leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:53 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:
Thanks for looking guys, the bash is just a bit of fun, I thought it'd be cool to modernise an old vintage set to see how it turned out... Razz

...And I think that it turned out rather well indeed Cool I love you

P.S. makes me want to re-visit and enhance my 40th version sometime.

PostSubject: Re: Green Beret's new weapons   Green Beret's new weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Beret's new weapons
Page 1 of 1