ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Power Hog Repair and Bash up

Go down 
+5
Captian action
somekindajoe
gibri
pachwerk
Hawkeye
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Power Hog Repair and Bash up Empty
PostSubject: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 9:37 pm

Here's my latest project to do up a broken Power-Hog and have a go at Bashing it up

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8415_zpsgg6pvqme

Here's the sorry looking Hog with new set of wheels and stickers with the kind help of actiongary Very Happy Thanks Mate

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8417_zps3vmmfpl5

The tools I needed to start this repair, the wet and dry just to clean up the black strip ready for supergluing into place, and the knife to trim off any old glue and plastic from the donor vehicle.

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8418_zpsaiphqv45

Wheels back in place, already looking much better

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8420_zpsfom0cdrl

Now this lot needs tidying with a good clean and some New stickers Cheers again Gary

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8442_zpsmmcwaafq

Now that's a lot better  Very Happy

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8446_zps5vypw6ze

And my special weapon to give that show room shine try some dashboard wipes (Gloss finish)

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8473_zps6iuxoklo

Now ready for action

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8496_zps8ded9v0w

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8497_zpsarc1gh87

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8498_zpstejhuwnh

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8499_zpsvjwzry3y

And that's the general repairs done now need to get the Bashing hat on geek lol!

Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Very nice looking repairs! Do the wipes shine last long?

Rich
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 10:25 pm

pachwerk wrote:
Very nice looking repairs!  Do the wipes shine last long?

Rich

Cheers Rich the wipes are only a silicone based cleaner so just like your dashboard in the car it'll probably need redoing once it dries and gets dusty

Ian

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 pm

great fix up
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Fantastic fix-um-up job there, it looks show room new!!!

Love those wipes, they look just the thing!

Only one minor quibble, and this is the thing that happens to me all the time -- I don't see what I missed till i've taken and posted the photos, but I think those front wheels could use a wipe down with those wipes too. Sorry, you probably already noticed...

Excellent work -- top job!!!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Great job Ian!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:18 pm

gibri wrote:
Fantastic fix-um-up job there, it looks show room new!!!

Love those wipes, they look just the thing!

Only one minor quibble, and this is the thing that happens to me all the time -- I don't see what I missed till i've taken and posted the photos, but I think those front wheels could use a wipe down with those wipes too. Sorry, you probably already noticed...

Excellent work -- top job!!!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers

Yeah cheers Bri I totally noticed the front wheels when I'd posted this Shocked but easy remedy I'll do it tomorrow when I have a go at bashing it lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:22 pm

snow white wrote:
great fix up

Cheers mate will have another go tomorrow got a few more ideas for it scratch lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:25 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

Great job Ian!

Thanks Steve it was a good little project and still a bit more to do with the bash Twisted Evil

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:40 pm

nice work ! nice powerhog !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenPower Hog Repair and Bash up G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:25 am

It's finally back on the road again! Nice restoration work Cool

blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 12:02 pm

well done ian looks good . i used polystyrene cement to glue my new wheels on i know it takes a lot longer to set but it does not leave the staining super glue sometimes does . eagerly waiting to see the finished bash bro:bounce:

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Great repair! It's always good seeing battered vehicles back on the road. It's also fun seeing an ATV (what we Yanks class the Power Hog) in a color other than yellow or orange. Great job again!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Hawkeye Well done on doing up your life latest project a broken Power-Hog and  even better that you've had a go at Bashing it up your self up Wink. I'm really liking your photos that you've done most of all this one Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8473_zps6iuxoklo

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:30 pm

Captian action wrote:
nice work ! nice powerhog !

Cheers mate it's getting better lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:32 pm

clivvers wrote:
It's finally back on the road again! Nice restoration work Cool

Thanks Clive not only on the road again but even on our outhouse roof lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:46 pm

blueboxier wrote:
well done ian looks good . i used polystyrene cement to glue my new wheels on i know it takes a lot longer to set but it does not leave the staining super glue sometimes does . eagerly waiting to see the finished bash bro:bounce:  

Cheers Jim lol! I didn't have the time to wait for polystyrene cement mate so super glue was the way lol! here's the first bash I did hoper you like it I've had another go today but need to sort out the new pics cyclops Wink

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8424_zpsgajn2fxu

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8421_zpsb8gbrjav

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8425_zpskxrenftv

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8431_zps4zc19a61

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Great repair! It's always good seeing battered vehicles back on the road. It's also fun seeing an ATV (what we Yanks class the Power Hog) in a color other than yellow or orange. Great job again!

-Nate

Thanks Nate I did consider giving it a camo paint job but wanted to try and restore the original look as much as possible

Cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:54 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
Hawkeye Well done on doing up your life latest project a broken Power-Hog and  even better that you've had a go at Bashing it up your self up Wink. I'm really liking your photos that you've done most of all this one Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8473_zps6iuxoklo

Cheers Alex glad you like the repair job and the picture, well it is an all terrain vehicle so thought I'd get it up on the outhouse roof lol!

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 12:41 am

It's looking even better! I like the Joe, you should definitely leave the Power-Hog in it's original unaltered colour.

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:44 am

Glad to see you've finally got it back on the road again Ian.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 am

actiongary wrote:
Glad to see you've finally got it back on the road again Ian.

Cheers Gary it's really come up a treat thanks for all the help mate it's saved the little beauty from the scrapheap I'm going to put some more pics up later as I've bashed it up a bit more Smile

Cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:38 am

clivvers wrote:
It's looking even better! I like the Joe, you should definitely leave the Power-Hog in it's original unaltered colour.

Cheers Clive mate yes I agree with you on the colour but it looked very tired when I started but I used the dash wipes and it came up a treat afro cherry

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Here's the latest bash photis, I've added a Bazooka to work as a recoiless rifle which is ideal when you have mutant cats in your back yard lol!

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8536_zpsbvero7fx

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8534_zpshbpatubb

Taking aim is a skill in itself but great position for those trying to creep up on you from behind Shocked

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8533_zps4fiuppq0

Nice bit of firepower when needed Twisted Evil

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8532_zpsptzlquok

Spotted the Giant mutant moggy, it looks like she's ready to attack

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8531_zpsvsn2gqbe

Boom take that Cooking Fat lol!

Power Hog Repair and Bash up IMGP8520_zps0tyx0kxd

THE END.................. OR IS IT Question Question Question

PostSubject: Re: Power Hog Repair and Bash up   Power Hog Repair and Bash up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Hog Repair and Bash up
Page 1 of 1