Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:37 am

Hi all.

It's with a sad heart that I'm writing this but I know I'm making the right decision.

I've not been on the forum so much over the last ten months due to work commitments. Unfortunately over the last month I fallen for a rather elaborate scam which has left my £1,200 out of pocket.

In the meantime Sara and I have decided to try for a baby with the help of IVF so we need all the money we can get, hence my decision to sell up.

Most of my collection will go. I'm keeping a few boxes for the kids and my childhood motorbike but everything else will pass on to new collectors.

Who knows I may start again and Jemma  has bagged my Intruder so will still be collecting and playing with VAM.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness and generosity over the years.

All the Best

Mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
Hawkeye
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:13 am

I'm so sorry to hear this and hope that everything goes well and best of luck with the IVF treatment, it's apauling to hear that you've been scammed, there are a lot ruthless people in this world, I hope that you can continue to be a part of this forum as you have been a great member and would be greatly missed by all

Take it easy mate
Ian

Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:21 am

Sorry to hear about you being scammed - there does seem to be a lot of that going on lately.

I wish you all the best with the IVF though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:53 am

That is really sad news Mark Sad . I have known you for many years, and reading this greatly saddens me. I fully understand your reasons why, and it is probably the best way for you to re coup your losses. i really hope that you can put the money to good use, and maybe, when things are on the up, you can start collecting again Very Happy . I hope you still pop in from time to time cheers cheers cheers

SAS Underwater Attack

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:57 pm

very sad news hope you all the best for the future

SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks for your support guys. All my stuff will be up on ebay. Id sparkys6887 if you see something you want make me an offer as I've started prices high ish. It would be great is some of my stuff went to collectors I know. Smile

Blondeactionman wrote:
That is really sad news Mark Sad . I have known you for many years, and reading this greatly saddens me. I fully understand your reasons why, and it is probably the best way for you to re coup your losses. i really hope that you can put the money to good use, and maybe, when things are on the up, you can start collecting again Very Happy . I hope you still pop in from time to time cheers cheers cheers

Thanks so much Dal. You've been a great friend and inspiration too. And long may that continue. I've been proud to call AMMO my VAM home and whilst some of those who were here at the beginning have now moved on great people have come along too.

I won't go into to much detail here but if you get a foreign check and your bank says it's cleared and the funds are available to use they can still take the money out of your account if the cheque turns out to be counterfeit. I thought I was safe having been into my bank to check but sadly I wasn't. Sad

Oh and I won't let the bastards get me down Smile hopefully I will be coming to an AM Day sometime in the future with Jemma and a baby who I need to introduce to Action Men Smile
Back to top Go down
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:12 pm

SAD news Mark , but also great news that there is a possibility of a another child to receive all of your and your Wife's  love. That is truly the best news , life has a way of building you up after knocking you down , and after the adoption fiasco of the council where you live this would truly be good news for you both and Gemma of course
Vam come and go , Family are forever !
hope to see you still on the forum of course as this Vamily will miss you

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks Jay. We're really excited about the IVF we were at the clinic last week and have very good odds of success.

I'm keeping some boxed figures but everything else will be going and yes I can imagine getting more in times to come.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:28 pm

Really sorry to hear this Mark. I wondered if anything was wrong when I saw you were selling a Tom Stone, something that seemed so out of character for you.

Good luck with the IVF and please never say never about a return to VAM collecting!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Sorry to hear this news Mark! Sad Please check in once in awhile and let us know how your doing...
Thanks...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PH5121
Action Sailor

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Mark,

That is sad news, but concentrate on the good news with the IVF.

Even if the VAM goes from your life please let us know if the IVF is successful for you, and good luck with the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:36 pm

So sorry to hear the bad news Mark. Hope you can get some more VAM in the future. Good luck with the IVF.

SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks Steve, Jim, Paul and Pete.

Was a huge shock when I saw my account!!

Sara and I are really excited about the IVF. Kind of wish I'd thought of it sooner but a few years ago paying the huge fees would have been a trouble. I'll defiantly be around chaps.

Thanks again your friendships have meant so much.
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
NAVY FROGMAN

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:52 pm

so sorry to hear this news , but if anyone deserves a baby its you and your family , all the best to you all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:12 am

Thanks Tally mate much appreciated.

IVF treatment going well Smile

I had and interesting though painful conversation with the complaints department at Santander.

I was told that the cheque I paid in on 11th August had never cleared. The teller was telling me what he could see on the system which was that it HAD cleared and the money available to use and that it is Santander policy to make money available to customers before cheques have cleared. I was told it is their job to take risks with my money and not to inconvenience me by waiting for the cheque to actually clear before showing it as cleared on the system. When I said I wasn't sure of the risk Santander was taking because it was me who was out of pocket and that I couldn't have been more inconvenienced because Santander hadn't told me the facts the women got nasty and said she wasn't changing her mind and that we may as well end the conversation.

Initially the women wouldn't admit the cheque hadn't cleared but kept saying it had shown up as cleared on the system. Jeremy Paxman sprang to mind so I asked her a yes or no question.

On the 21st August 10 days after I had deposited the cheque the teller in a branch of your bank told me the cheque had cleared and funds were available for me to use. Yes or no, it's a simple question had the cheque cleared? I asked this question about fifty times and was told it was showing up as cleared on the banks system. I then asked the manager of the complaints department the same question when she told me straight the cheque had never cleared, would have taken eight weeks to clear and it was their job to take risks with my money. She wasn't impressed when I said I'd rather she didn't take risks with my money.

It's the reason this country is in the s*$t bankers make mistakes and I'm supposed to pay for them. Real people suffer from mistakes of bankers. Surely this can't be right. All I wanted to know on the 21st August was had the cheque I had paid in cleared!!!!

I have emailed the financial services ombudsman
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Great to hear your IVF treatment went well Mark!
Sorry to hear about your banking woes though...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Really great news.

I spoke with a man from the financial services ombudsman this morning. He told me he called Santander the end of last week to tell them why they were wrong not to find in my favour and reimburse me. He said within hours Santander management had called to say they would be paying me in full, including the charges they had put on my account and £100.00 'distress money' I'm over the moon as come at a great time. We really need a bigger car Volvo XC90 as the twins are in the back of a Nissan Micra and they are both over six feet tall. I've still got stuff on ebay and will be listing a few more bits. Get in touch if you see something good you like and make an offer.

All the best

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Oh and still chugging along with our IVF just waiting for a donor match Smile
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Nice to hear from you Mark!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:18 pm

sounds great sparks, hopefully you wont have too sell up completely cheers

PostSubject: Re: Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.   

Back to top Go down

Been Scammed for a lot of money so selling up.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1