ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Air Police Assembled

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

Air Police Assembled Empty
PostSubject: Air Police Assembled   Air Police Assembled Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 5:38 am

Just been revising and tweaking some of my Air Police/Security figures.

The main addition was some insignia included with the GI Joe Action Pilot basic figure (name tags and medal ribbons) and some Air Police armbands from One Sixth Scale King, a howling omission by Hasbro, considering they supplied armbands with their Shore Patrol and MP sets from the same era.

I also had a rethink of one of my kitbashed figures and revised what was an Air Security kitbash into an Air Police uniform.

First up is the classic Hasbro Air Police set with the addition of a One Sixth Scale King armband...

Air Police Assembled 004_zpsyax4dgre

Next is a variation on the GI Joe Air Police set using the binoculars, map case/map, clipboard, pencil and field telephone form the Air Communications card. The helmet is Cotswold's excellent repro of the original GI Joe piece...

Air Police Assembled 9465398_zps5h1s2vst

Air Police Assembled 002_zpsmncbu98w

This kitbash started out life as an Air Security guy (see inset), but I think he looks better as an Air Police officer with his beret and Sam Browne belt. Apart from the armband the 'bash is all "in house" with GI Joe, Action Man and Geyper Man pieces...

Air Police Assembled 005a_zpsfcgwoqzj

My Air Security helmet and armband from the previous figure got recycled to this guy. Once again, as with the Air Police, Hasbro only produced an accessory card for this set and no clothing/uniform. Again as with the Air Police sets I have used the GI Joe Dress Pilot jacket and pants as the basis for the uniform. The only part missing from this set is the incredibly rare black AS field telephone, the only item from the original GI Joe military line that I am missing from my collection.

But the good news is Cotswold will be releasing a repro of it somewhere down the line. Spoke to them recently and they said that the hard plastic parts are ready and all they need is to find a manufacturer for the outer carrying case and strap...

Air Police Assembled 009_zpskhbatg66

The superb Dreams and Visions GI Joe "Crew Cut" Air Police figure. The excellent blue short sleeved shirt on my Air Police kitbashed figure was, believe it or not, actually hiding under the jacket of this uniform. It was only by chance that I stumbled on it and brought it into view...

Air Police Assembled 007_zpswbcalptx

And finally, another kitbash using all GI Joe/Action man pieces, with the addition of a white ascot and white holster from Cotswold. Cap insignia is home made. The jacket and trousers are from Action Man small accessory cards...

Air Police Assembled 011_zpswkp0otgt

The inspiration for this uniform came from watching the Star Trek episode 'Tomorrow Is Yesterday'...

Air Police Assembled Tomyest2

The boys in blue assembled...

Air Police Assembled 001_zpsjut3bj5d

All modelled on 40th Joes, except for the Air security which is modelled on a 40th Action Man.
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Air Police Assembled   Air Police Assembled Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 11:12 am

very nice bash , My claim to fame ! I asked one sixth scale king to produce the air police and air security armbands  as
i thought hasbro missed a trick too and he did not previously carry them ! he is brilliant at what he does and very reasonably priced .highly recomended for badges and insignia
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwiV5O_FpPbHAhVLK9sKHXFXBvY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonesixthscaleking.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNGn6XjkNs3yVVJU4PP2Sn1VFXFf3g

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenAir Police Assembled G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Air Police Assembled   Air Police Assembled Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:09 pm

Outstanding!, bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Police Assembled   Air Police Assembled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Police Assembled
Page 1 of 1