Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:15 am

I'm actually going to keep the Laughing Harry Robot... cheers  I sent it back to the seller
and he said a wire popped off the battery contact is why Harry stopped laughing...
He fixed it and sent it back out to me...He paid for all shipping...

So Laughing Harry is back on his way to me... cheers cheers cheers

I also picked up some other toys I had as a child also... Will post pics next week... Very Happy

Here's my Harry after Joe fixed it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6irD38v06zw

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:10 am

Fantastic result Jim! well done cheers

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:07 am

superb ! glad he is on his way back to you fixed !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brownboots
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:44 pm

Made up for you that you achieved a suitable resolution, the robot
itself is stunning and like many Forum Members here I've never been aware of them.
A friend of mine has a Robot collection and he swears by WD40 and light grade Wet and Dry
Paper to repair loose connections and connection corrosion....always worth having some in!

.....now send it to me and we'll say no more about it!! Very Happy

...really want to see your Robot pics people, get the Cameras out Chaps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
GERMAN STORMTROOPER

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Heartwarming story, Jim!

Well done that seller!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
snow white
BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:14 am

great news

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:23 am

Thanks Snow White...According to USPS tracking Laughing Harry should
arrive back here tomorrow... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:12 am

Laughing Harry arrived today but again quit laughing!  scratch
So the seller told me to send robot to link below and they will repair it and seller will pay for repairs...
One of these days Harry will keep laughing...  lol!

http://www.antiquetoyworld.com/mechanical-toys/a-visit-to-tin-toy-works-in-allentown-pa/

Anyhow I picked up this 1960's Gi joe foot locker...
And this packaged black superball from the 1970's...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:22 am

I am sure you will get him working again, Fantastic locker Jim! cheers

GERMAN STORMTROOPER

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:52 am

Well, it may not be so bad. He's still a cool looking toy.

Now, if he started laughing demonically when you get him, that might be problematic...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:39 pm

lol! @ Bri!
Thanks Dal & everyone!

The place where I'm sending robot to be fixed will be on vacation from
Jan 28 - Feb 2 so will send robot out to them next Monday...

This here is the exact same superball I used as a child... Boy this brought back
the memories...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
GERMAN STORMTROOPER

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Yeah, I remember superball too, all the rage when it came out. Bounces higher on the second bounce.

Wonder how the rubber has held up after all these years? Might be safer leaving it in the package. Basketball

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Actually Bri I was surprised that the rubber superball is still all intact after all these years...
Yes I'll be leaving it in the package... Very Happy

I still have my childhood Gi joe footlocker but it is beat up & broken so I finally
decided to find another Gi joe footlocker in better shape & one that I could actually use... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawkeye
Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:49 pm

Nice find Jim I'm liking the foot locker has it got the internal tray with it, I'd liked one of these very muchus Twisted Evil

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:13 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Nice find Jim I'm liking the foot locker has it got the internal tray with it, I'd liked one of these very muchus Twisted Evil

Yes it has the tray Ian... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brownboots
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

Yes it has the tray Ian... Very Happy

GULP!....That's one Hell of a nice Locker!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:15 pm

[quote="brownboots"]
inntruderr61 wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

GULP!....That's one Hell of a nice Locker!!

Thanks BB! I seen it on ebay for a fair price so decided to get it... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi All,

Last week I picked up a 1960's Gijoe footlocker and a 1970's superball...Very Happy

This week I picked up a 1960's Jacks & ball set and a 1960's slinky... Very Happy
Slinky are still made today as a matter of fact and they are produced in a small factory about
15 miles from here.... Back in 2001 Slinky was made our official state toy...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawkeye
Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Very nice foot locker Jim really need one lol!

Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Shocked  I just played the youtube vid of the robot laughing! Shocked

Surely that would scare you senseless as a kid? I love it!! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Shocked  I just played the youtube vid of the robot laughing! Shocked

Surely that would scare you senseless as a kid? I love it!! lol!

lol! lol! lol!

That company made a laughing clown now that would really scare kids/people... lol!

My Laughing Harry robot did come with a decent vintage box... Now hopefully Tin Toy Works can
get & keep Harry laughing... lol! The laughing Harry I have has two battery compartments. The
very earliest models had two battery compartments then they switched shortly afterwards to only
having one battery compartment for later models..

Quote from link below:
"Very early production examples of Harry included a second battery box door in this location (as referenced above in the 1969 Spiegel Catalog), a feature most likely discarded relatively early in production as all wholesale catalog appearances of Harry from 1969-1972 reference a two battery setup."

http://www.attackingmartian.com/happyharry_extra.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:56 pm

Picked up packaged 1960's darts...
And a couple 1960's Toy Tin Cars...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
snow white
BRITISH INFANTRY (TOMMY)

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:50 pm

great pick ups

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:28 am

I picked up this loose sideshow Wolfman...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...   

Back to top Go down

I finally found a Happy (Laughing) Harry robot! And other collected childhood toys...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next