Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
Green Beret

PostSubject: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm a little too old for Star Wars. You have to be a certain age to have been there for the films and the toys. My brother in law was, and is a hard core fan. This evening he turned up with this...

The helmet from a full scale storm trooper suit he's got.

...but nothing is that simple.

Despite costing an arm and a leg the suit needs building/customizing and generally working on to make it fit.

Hopefully some WIP pics will follow! Rolling Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:46 pm

not only that you have to be a certain build ! luke was a little short , I'm a bit fat to be a stormtrooper lol! lol! lol!
lucky B%$tA£* your brother in law , always wanted a storm trooper outfit ,that's what made star wars for me when I was six , the opening scenes where darth vader and the stormtroopers broke through the doors of the tantive IV  AWESOME !
is he going as far to join the 501st Legion
there is a UK Garrison

http://www.501st.com/

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snow white
SAS Underwater Attack

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Great stuff

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:35 am

I'm not much of a star wars fan myself but cool stuff... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:50 am

Outstanding steve! Joe and Hank seem suitable impressed too bounce

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:44 am

Very nice!...I've tried one of those Helmets on, quality product!
Is it just me or when viewed upside down a Stormtrooper Helmet has a slightly
Sinister Smiley face.....?? Have a look!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawkeye
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:17 pm

Nice one and a good display piece for the guys to pose around Wink

Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Captian action wrote:

there is a UK Garrison

Yeah he wants to wear it to the 'events' etc.

I can see good and bad points to this stormtrooper suit lark. Bad as in anyone who knows what I'm like at finishing projects will know my bro in law will need an imperial issue zimmer frame by the time the suit is ready...
..and good as in will he be a terrible shot and be unable to hit anything when he's wearing it thus meaning I'll be able to beat him at Xbox games?? lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:14 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Captian action wrote:

there is a UK Garrison

Yeah he wants to wear it to the 'events' etc.

I can see good and bad points to this stormtrooper suit lark. Bad as in anyone who knows what I'm like at finishing projects will know my bro in law will need an imperial issue zimmer frame by the time the suit is ready...
..and good as in will he be a terrible shot and be unable to hit anything when he's wearing it thus meaning I'll be able to beat him at Xbox games?? lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:51 pm

What is Star Wars? scratch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:01 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:

Its that over hyped sci-fi movie that makes people dribble

Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:53 am

Rossini wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:

Its that over hyped sci-fi movie that makes people dribble

That's the one Ross! The one's who's latest film offering I considered a waste of £20 and two hours of my time!...but...poor old bro in law looks at it all with the same warm glow of childhood nostalgia than we see our VAM with.

I'd also admit that a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away when I as a teenager used to go round to see his big sister/my future wife, I'd often 'help' him with his Star Wars figures while I was waiting for her. It was a great toy line and talking about that with the little brother was easier than trying to make awkward conversation with the dad! lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jet-
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Captian action wrote:
not only that you have to be a certain build ! luke was a little short , I'm a bit fat to be a stormtrooper lol! lol! lol!
lucky B%$tA£* your brother in law , always wanted a storm trooper outfit ,that's what made star wars for me when I was six , the opening scenes where darth vader and the stormtroopers broke through the doors of the tantive IV  AWESOME !
there is a UK Garrison

http://www.501st.com/

Same as me captain, great scene loved it and still do.
I think must be an age thing you can either be too young or too old to be influenced by the original Starwars films.
They're a bit like Marmite you either love them or hate them.
They're probably the only bit of sci,if I enjoy, loved the new movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Steve my brother in law has a complete full size Sandtrooper outfit, I will get a photos uploaded

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.   

Back to top Go down

Full size Star Wars Storm Trooper suit build.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1