ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.

Go down 
+11
BAMComix
Captian action
somekindajoe
Jet-
Rossini
TheOneManKid
Chip
ak615
thierry
gibri
Reddragon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Empty
PostSubject: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:46 pm

SKJ HQ's oldest soldier has returned to duty!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3618_zpsrrlw7fmr

My first ever childhood vam after his quick and easy (..and probably lazy!) rebuild. His head has always kicked around in my VAM stuff but while doing my loft recently I found his torso so he looked like this!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Talker_zpsc64lgoc2

A full cycle in the dishwasher with the dinner dishes for his head, and with the addition of some spares/repairs vintage legs and 40th arms, kit and box, and...voila!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3619_zpsdwrumtw6
Suddenly it's 1968 again!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3623_zpstnc4owwv_1

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Last edited by somekindajoe on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 5:25 pm

I've probably never mentioned it before (lol!) but the 1st uniform I ever got for my childhood TC was the Green Beret, so here's the old timer back in his original work gear!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3627_zps61iw5tdt_1

This was my introduction to VAM and back yard wars!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3628_zpswhibhkhk_1

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3630_zpselwbhspv

It's great to have the old timer back but I was very young when I got him so lacked the imagination that made my later VAM such real characters to me. I never gave him a name and he was broken and gone before my 'Crew' was formed, so his reintroduction to the lads was a bit awkward!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3633_zps0krb5rwd

' I..er..vaguely remember this guy from when I first joined here..it was..um..years before you guys arrived!'

Despite being only a distant memory he's still my Ist ever VAM and so deserves top position at the HQ!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3637_zps9sfs93aw

I have his original beret too but it's got mixed in with the rest!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3639_zpsajl435is

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Last edited by somekindajoe on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Fantastic rebuild Steve! , he looks terrific! that dip in Hank's alcohol secret stash certainly did the trick! lol! . Nice uniform too! well done mate, that has to be the fastest rebuild in vam history! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 5:32 pm

He looks great SKJ, wonderful to see him back on active service cheers cheers cheers

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Bound to be some rumbling in the ranks. This FNG shows up and is instantly credited as your oldest and original figure and given pride of place at the top of the shelves. Maybe you should appoint some body guards for him.

So, are you going to name him?

Great restore Steve! Always nice to bring one back from the dead.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:53 pm

excellent workkkkkkkkkkkk cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Great job he deserves it he needs a name now
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 12:14 am

fantastic re-build he looks great for an old timer !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenMy original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:19 am

Great rebuild steve! cheers cheers cheers

Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:14 am

Well done Steve , I take it he's a man of few words these days but then he doesn't have to say much he knows he is top dog cheers

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Well worth the effort being your original .

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:31 pm

...he needs some eyebrows Steve... Razz

Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:48 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:
Ralph is right mate!! May I suggest... My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. FB_IMG_1455270320240_zpsyzhix425

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:11 pm

lol! @ ross cheers
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Great job on the rebuild Steve he looks good .
I still don't know what to do with my original guys yet . Rebuild/reflock or leave as is ?
Yours looks just right as he is with a nice crisp uniform and some battle scars to the face.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

The old timer doesn't say much as you guessed Andy but I'd like to get him fixed. Also as Ross has been rather critical in the past about my previous VAM refurbishments I'll take his eyebrow comments as official permission to get them repainted! lol!

The 'Old Timer' probably does need a proper name for his new lease of life and so after thinking about what I remember about his 1st incarnation, I give you...

Clint Barton code name 'Hawkeye'!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3645_zps6khcu0b4

Why? Well it sounds suitably corny (Think 'Cliff Sabre'! lol! ) and there are several connections.

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3646_zpsafrv1noj

Hawkeye aka Clint Barton was one of my favourite comic book characters back when the old timer was a new vam.

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. 35_zpstd6qdbyi

The old timer spent most of his time in a Green Beret uniform. AMMO's resident No1 GB fan is 'Hawkeye' and from Yorkshire. The old Timer was given to me by my granddad who was from...Yorkshire.

It ticks all the boxes! lol!

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. DSCF3650_zpseibjqbtp

Talking Commander Clint 'Hawkeye' Barton.
SKJ HQ's newest old vam! lol!

Last edited by somekindajoe on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:16 pm

woo hoo fantastic ,name and so coincidental it is fate ! makes perfect sense to me !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenMy original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Great name suits him
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 1:02 am

Great name for a figure with a great legacy!!!

Ready for new adventures!!!

With that bow and arrows he should be able to hang on to his place on the top shelf...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:39 am

Outstanding Steve cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:02 am

I just seen Ross pic... lol!

Great stuff Steve! Very nice figures! cheers

Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:07 am

great repair job Sir Steve great photos as always Very Happy Very Happy

Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:09 am

Rossini wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:
Ralph is right mate!! May I suggest... My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. FB_IMG_1455270320240_zpsyzhix425

is this a selfie Nephew

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 3:48 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Rossini wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:

is this a selfie Nephew  

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!    
lol indeed some people have good imaginations

PostSubject: Re: My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.   My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My original childhood Talking Commander rebuild.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next