ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration

Go down 
+6
Danthecoat
Teckno Viking
action bob
BAMComix
blueboxier
Cappy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 10:34 am

There is a list of dealers on the Facebook Event Page and I will be adding the Events to a Program as they are announced. A couple more to come yet! ;-) Today's is below;

Well today's announcement is that there will be a "Future of the Hobby" Round Table Discussion on Saturday 3rd at approximately 12.30. Panel Members will include; Bob Brechin, Greg Brown of Cotswold Collectibles, Peter Rooke of Art & Science International makers of the 50th Anniversary Action Man Line & Robert Wisdom. Other names may yet be added to this list.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Just for those who are not on facebook Wink

Here is the post

The Celebration will be a Weekend Long Event more on a Convention Style model like the US Shows for example JoeLanta.
At present I can tell you we will be taking over the entire ground floor of the Office Block on the Old Palitoy Factory Site. Bob Brechin will be in attendance and hopefully other members of the Palitoy Team too more details on all this to follow.
SHOW TIMES
There will be a Dealer Load In/Setup Window between 4pm & 6pm on Friday
Saturday Dealer Setup will be from 8am, Early Bird Admission 9am and General Admission from 10am
Sunday Dealer Access will be from 8.45am, Early Birds from 9am and General Admission from 10am.
HOTEL ROOM DEAL
£57 per room per night for Room Only Single or Double Occupancy.
Bed & Breakfast £60 Single Occupancy or £65 Double Occupancy.
There is a limited number of twins rooms so expect them to disappear quickly. Over 25% of the Rooms are already booked.
CONFIRMED DEALERS LIST (So Far)
Alan Dawson
Barry Pippen of Pippen's Toys
Heith Denny aka Palitoy Action Man
David Lebec (Saturday)
EagleEyesActionStation
Chris Malbon of Metropolis Toys
Andrew Murray
Vince Wendon
Stuart Gibson (Sunday)
John Dickenson
Neil Innes - https://www.facebook.com/Greystones-Collectibles-28018950…/…
Cotswold Collectibles
Mark Ellis
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 12:49 pm

You're doing an incredible Job Chaps, wish I could attend!

Will any of the discussion groups be filmed for any of us who cannot attend? I'd love to
Hear the opinions of the panel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 7:18 am

There are plans afoot to preserve some of these for posterity and those who cannot make it. Smile

brownboots wrote:
You're doing an incredible Job Chaps, wish I could attend!

Will any of the discussion groups be filmed for any of us who cannot attend? I'd love to
Hear the opinions of the panel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 8:34 am

Latest Update.

In addition to the Future of the Hobby Round Table there will be a Palitoy Team Q&A Session with luck this will be held on both days so that those who can only attend one day will be able to participate.

The composition of the Panel may vary based on availability of Palitoy Team Members that weekend but Bob Brechin has graciously agreed to chair the panel and we hope to have Dave Barnacle and Brian Turner present too.

Also to assist those who don't use Social Media like Facebook and Twitter I have setup a VERY BASIC Website that I can update with details to reduce time spent updating multiple forums you can check it out at http://amcon2016.weebly.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 2:19 pm

The Website now has Blog Page where updates will be posted check it out at http://amcon2016.weebly.com/blog
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 8:09 am

Winch wrote:
The Website now has Blog Page where updates will be posted check it out at http://amcon2016.weebly.com/blog
ta for this option for those of us who cant get there in person

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 4:59 pm

You fellas are a credit to our AM hobby, it's gotta be the best event in the History of Action Man and a very very important one, with this year being the toy's 50th Anniversary..

Privately hired small 'day trip' coaches might be the best answer to get there for members who live too far away, folks could club together to foot the bill Wink bounce

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 7:46 am

clivvers wrote:
You fellas are a credit to our AM hobby, it's gotta be the best event in the History of Action Man and a very very important one, with this year being the toy's 50th Anniversary..
Thanks guys for all the comments I'm doing my best between working and sleeping unforunately a few ideas had to be let slide due to the time factor (or lack of it in my case) maybe next year if there is the demand I am happy to make a a 2 day event an annual feature in the collecting calendar!
clivvers wrote:
Privately hired small 'day trip' coaches might be the best answer to get there for members who live too far away, folks could club together to foot the bill Wink  bounce
That may well be an idea clivvers but might be a bit too close to the event to arrange now but people are welcome to try I'm afraid I have enough on my plate to arrange it myself! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Remember guys you have until midday tomorrow to buy an Early Bird Ticket if you want to be entered in the draw!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 6:35 am

Been looking at the pics on FB, looked like a great day! well done Alan for all your hard work! It really paid off mate cheers
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 4:16 pm

This was a fantastic weekend, meeting all the people who worked for Palitoy and hearing all the stories about the how and who was out of this world

Hat's off to Alan for pulling this all together

Thanks for making this a fab weekend Al

PJ Very Happy

Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 MyABLogo_zps958a73ad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Here's my iPhone footage of AmCon16:

https://youtu.be/74RHilcvEg0
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 pm

wiscan wrote:
Here's my iPhone footage of AmCon16:

https://youtu.be/74RHilcvEg0

Nice!.. looks like heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Great video Rob! thanks for sharing cheers
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Intresting vid, but i couldn't see any MAM on display and it is the 50th anniversary of Action Man bounce

Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 4:36 pm

I really loved watching that video and the Action Man song though out the video was just perfect and it's very catchy song as well Laughing but I agree with my swapping buddy Clivvers that I couldn't see any MAM on display and it is the 50th anniversary of Action Man Sad.

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration   Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Action Man 50th Anniversary Celebration
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2