ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gunner Munro's collection.

Go down 
+28
JohnnyE4
Rustygun
Glidah Drivah
Wolf_Soldier64
inntruderr61
Jet-
gibri
BAMComix
somekindajoe
FIELD STATION 42
Dreadnought
Beatlefan
Professor Gangrene Fan
ActionYankee
Gunner Munro
ghost recon
clivvers
Acam24-7
thierry
Teckno Viking
Pete_AM
SlackElastic
blueboxier
Reddragon
peterodgers
Captian action
eccy79
Rossini
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2020 7:57 am

Excellent work Steve! it looks amazing mate! I look forward too seeing it used in upcoming tales! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi Steve ! Hope you and the family are well. You've done some great work there on your 'Strongpoint' dio.
Fantastic MAM mortar raid teams too. Really excellent looking crews you have. Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 12:15 am

Searching now for one of these guys showing his teeth! I'm always on the lookout for different MAM headsculpts to add to my troops to break up the clone look. wrote:
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7106
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 5:54 pm

Cheers guys - I appreciate the comments a lot cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Hi Steve ! Hope you and the family are well. You've done some great work there on your 'Strongpoint' dio.
Fantastic MAM mortar raid teams too. Really excellent looking crews you have. Very Happy

Hi Kev,
great to hear from you and thanks for the comments .

After setting up that Dio/shoot I thought maybe just one more...I said I had enough but...my top MAM hunter, Alexander, sent me an e-bay link... and .....

Just another typical summers day just south of Manchester...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7404

The VAM tactical area is waterlogged and off limits ..
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7406

Mrs Gunners shed ( sorry craft workshop) has arrived also...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7405

As you can see we have been lining with foil to stop the aliens/Government brainwashing us lol! Just waiting now for first fit electrics and tracking down enough tongue and groove to clad the inside ..Covid 19 has disrupted supply hereabouts .. Rolling Eyes ..but patience is a virtue..or so I keep saying to Mrs Gunner.. Shocked  lol!

So I had a little time on my hands...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7407

A Package lays unopened in no mans land at Gunner HQ..

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7410

There is activity within...an Action Man emerges from suspended postal animation..

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7411

"Ugg .. fresh air ...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7412

"at last..!"

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7413

" Where am I ?...."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7414

" My last orders were to deploy with the 2nd Bn Munrovians..MAM Mortar Raid section.."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7415

His VAM/MAM training kicks in and he makes sure he is safe...

"No obvious enemy activity.. better get my kit together and make my way to the RV .. looks like I may be off by a couple of klicks.."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7416

With that he starts to unload his Transportation pod.."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7417

"Phew at least my forage cap came with me..now then .."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7418
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7420
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7421

Hopefully ..all is ok ..better get this protective covering off ..."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7423

" Well she looks ok...two intact rounds ...better just check .. its been a few years since I was packed away at the back of the garage.."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7425

"Uh oh ... some fouling from that last Mission.. it was a bit muddy as I recall.. spring of 2004 I think..?"

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7426

"Right better get to the RV .."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7429

" Oi  !!"
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7428

Cpl Pallister of 14 Platoon calls out.

" Manchester" ..Unsure of the correct response Mortar raid uses the age old VAM/MAM response "Toy of the Century?"

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7430

Taking no chances Pallister calls out " hands where i can see 'em canny lad..."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7432

"Welcome to the Munrovians fella..if you are out on patrol again the counter is "City"

"Thanks Corp.. can you help me get to the RV ?"

"thats what I'm here for.. We heard a drop had gone slightly astray.. you are in No Mans land at the Moment..can have you falling into enemy hands now can we ! "

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7433

Pallister helps Mortar raid load up..

"Who is our enemy now then corp? .. last I heard it was DrX and Prof Gangrene.."

"Prof Gangrene and his henchmen are deployed well north of the Border mate.. but we need to watch out .. last I heard  Major Bludd has been given command ..."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7434

Pallister" Where you from then?..."

"Looks like the Deep South.. You"

"Teeside..but you are in Munrovia now canny lad.. we are locked in a deadly battle against the Dragonians and their allies the Volgans to free Munrovia again for all VAM & MAM to live safely and in peace once more.."

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7435

Pallister " Come on lets get moving before we are spotted ..."

And the pair head off .. MR will need a good wash and his Mortar a good clean.. once thats done he can take his place in the enduring battle to free Munrovia !! cheers cheers

Sometime later.....

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7436

Comrade Sergeant.. the trail leads this way ...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7437

First Sergeant Vasilly Smirnoff of the Volgan 1st Shock Infantry, takes a moment..Thinking: 'Now perhaps they can find a way back to the Munrovian strong hold. Victroy shall be ours . We must crush them and remove all signs of VAM and MAM from this universe.'

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7438

"Dimitri.. are you ready to take some Munrovain scalps and show these Dragonian dogs how Volgans fight ?!"

" Yes Comrade Sergeant !"

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 IMG-7439

Smirnoff: " Come then Dimitri.. Sahkov ..lead on !"

The Volgan forces deployment in Munrovia is increasing .. surely a battle must be brewing .. buy who will prevail?

Thanks for looking. Smile

BAMComix and gibri like this post

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Great pics..and great looking figures Gunner cheers

I have workshop envy....wish mine was that big lol! lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 10:29 pm

So the 2nd Bn Munrovians..MAM Mortar Raid section have a new recruit hu. Really enjoyed the story and pictures showing of the new recruit of the 2nd Bn Munrovians..MAM Mortar Raid section.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 11:36 pm

The craft shed is quite incredible! I think... you'll need another one. For yourself.

And then I think we will all be coveting such a space!

As for your new arrival, I think this is the most entertaining "new recruit arrival" sequence I have seen! Nicely photographed and posed, good lighting, fast-paced storyline, lots of detailed photos, and entertaining dialog!

That line about his last mission being in 2004 was brilliant!

gibri likes this post

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 am

Great pictures and story Gunner!!!

I think my heart ticked up a notch when I saw those Volgans so close on the heels of our heros. They are definitely a scary lot.

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 6:04 am

I've got one of those steel-cheeked fellers myself. He came in a job lot but not the sort of thing I'd usually buy due to him having moulded-on clothing. (The T-shirt.)

Great arrival sequence and concept there Gunner! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 7:54 am

Fantastic stuff Steve! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: An awesome collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 am

Great collection! Thanks for showing it.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 8:50 am

I’v just had a look at your collection and little stories though out your collection thread Gunner. I haven’t looked though it in ages and for good old times. You’ve probably added to all your different squads too.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 4:34 pm

Just now seeing this thread, It's great!

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Just seeing this now myself!
Wow awesome photos Gunner! cheers cheers cheers

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: New supplies arrive...   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 3:39 pm

Hi folks

You will see from the repairs thread , I'm looking to give some of my childhood VAM's , VAM 64 bodies.

Here Black ( my first ever Action man from 1966) and Red ( mail away from the same period) take a look.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 E1-FDBBC9-D4-B0-4659-AEE0-27-D42-F9-D3419

Black: So what have we got here Red?

Red: Well looks like some of the VAM troops are going to be really pleased..Grippers, new feet.. and what's this ?

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 13-E5-EE2-B-B8-D6-4-E0-F-AEFE-95-EA46295-BDB

Black: Some arms ! excellent I know the Repairs team have been hunting some down.

Red: Yes good tight joints..40th issue I believe but these will be a great upgrade from our Cotswold bodies..

While doing some catch up reading after being absent form these boards , I read. through most of the repair threads. ( really good stuff tucked away in there).

While doing so I found an old post from SomeKindaJoe ( Steve) mentioning the use of Bias binding as replacement for AM scarves.

So I thought why not have a look. So I bought some (the colour is advertised as Kahki but looks more grey to me .. but then I'm colour blind lol! )

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 90-FD841-A-B38-E-464-F-9-F94-BACBE81-CD6-B2

Black: There you go Red .. very smart.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 58743-B22-1-D8-C-44-D6-9594-1-D0-B9938547-B

I think I'll look for a more OD or OG shade , but not a bad alternative fix at all . cheers

Take care

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 9:26 pm

They are coming up well GM. cheers 
Be sure to keep us up-to-date with their progress.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 7:27 am

Great work Steve! I'm sure the boys are appreciative! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 8:25 am

Excellent fix up on them, you have brought them back to life and ready for action. They both look very smart. Top work Gunner Wink .

Last edited by Prof. Gangrene Fan on Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Dreadnought gets his fix ! part 1   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 7:37 pm

Hi folks ,
this a VAM enthusiast  'walk of shame " confession.

some time ago poor old Dreadnought and Silver knight did a disco dive off the shelves - 2 years +ago ? eeek where does time go Rolling Eyes

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Fullsizeoutput_1c37

Snappage !! Shocked  Shocked

Any way he ended up sat in the back of the CO12's Marx Jeep while spare parts were sourced...Ahem.. some time later Embarassed  Embarassed

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 C50-E9355-240-E-445-B-8057-52-DA9-FD5-D525

Dreadnought: Any way .. I did a double twist with a pike and I think I would have got away with it without good old Silver bouncing on top of me !

Black: Yeah It wasn't  pretty back then .. those Marx boys are SOLID .. just like our muscle bound MAM  Shocked  Rolling Eyes

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 63-FD2515-6-D00-48-BD-9-D76-8286968-FCDE4

Black: Any way mate you can't sit in the back of the jeep, or that pink deck chair any longer.. we need you for the forthcoming campaign season!
I'd like to introduce you to Claire from the repair team...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 6-E156-FBB-A056-40-B0-A7-A9-801350-B99-E0-D

Claire: Hello Sailor .. what do we have here ?
Black : defcon 1 thigh snapage I think Claire...

Claire is from the burgoning Munrovian female squad.. last seen in the Wille B . Back's story ...Trained for combat they are also Medics and assist in the "we can rebuild them " project run at Gunner HQ.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 9-B744-B76-F3-E5-4284-BE38-C23038-BE0788

Claire: is this how it happened? looks bad..
Dreadnought : it was a double back flip, two rotations ...
Black: Ok, OK .. no need to dress to impress mate ..
Claire: looks worse than we thought..stress crack to the lower leg too..

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 76429863-DB8-E-418-A-869-F-FC7-B86321803

Dreadnought: Gulp .. are my dancing days really over?

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 A8-B8-A92-D-60-AA-4-B29-A0-BA-6-CB56-E168-AE6

Claire:This looks out of my league..

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 1-D68-FD1-B-8744-46-A2-B1-EB-444-FE0-C58-C31

Claire :Heidi !!

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 6-F525-A0-A-96-D3-437-B-AD9-A-BAD347-B5-E4-F6

Technician Heidi takes a closer look ....as do Dreadnought and Black... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Black: Blimey mate these Sindys' seem to have changed a bit...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 43783-B31-0-F71-423-F-9209-2-EFEB90-CCD3-A

Dreadnought: Yes definatley a bit hurty there ..and here..can you stroke my face ?
Heidi: Well its a restring for you old chum before you can try  your Hank and Joe tricks with me !

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 571-CAABB-2452-423-B-B6-BF-708-C624-CB787

Dreadnought : Just making the best of a bad job .. just making the best of a bad job Rolling Eyes  lol!
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Dreadnought fix ! - part 2   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 7:46 pm

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 A592-E7-BF-D45-B-4-A05-AAC0-DA7-FA154-F789

Black: Well it looks straight forward...did I tell you , I've got my old elastics you know.. tight ..if you get my drift
Claire: sigh...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 9-E5964-FB-FA58-4122-B53-F-78-D25-B8-CB622

Dreadnought: I've never had anything like this done before..
Black: don't worry old sport. We will have popping on the Ammo arms dance floor in no time !

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 C7275-D89-7-BDE-4477-8-C60-9-B6-A1-E23-A5-B3

Some time later..

Claire: listen just read the instructions !!
Black: nah ! I'll just wing it
Dreadnought : but I'm in bits !! Literally.. Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Dreadnoughts fix -part 3   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 8:18 pm

So snipped his elastics as I needed to get a doner right thigh.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 04-CF3-A7-A-3-E99-4-F20-920-E-96733804396-D

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 C793-D3-AD-65-DD-4-CDC-9-B31-5-A734-F7-C1-D6-F

As we also had a right lower leg to replace, I remembered from previous forum chats it not as easy as just grabbing on from the spare.. they come in different lengths.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 C63-C78-CF-4741-416-D-B625-B357203-D5-FA6

got a match
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 FDA68787-EA9C-4176-98B2-ED0E26A33F7B

On inspection I found his left knee joint was also loose. It may have contributed to his dive .

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 3363-CA47-445-F-4-FD2-BAAD-7-D42-E970-D75-A

I recalled a post over on UAMHQ about giving the rivet  a tap with a hammer..never done that before but thought I'd try it for size. It worked a treat.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 4011102-C-5-AD5-41-F1-B0-DF-F14-BC5-F62-DDC

Any way he was soon on his feet...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 1-D18-BD60-0-C8-A-4-B15-9-D94-9-EF38-A5020-EC

Dreadnought: Just go easy with that thing will ya !!

I  maximised my spares box and saved one of his arm hooks and threaded my 2 mm elastic through the rivet. A bit fiddly but got there.

While checking his arms noticed the factory assembly had mixed up his left and rights !! - a Friday night job ? lol!

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 6DF63EE5-4064-4FCD-8B6C-12A451908B8C

Anyway he is back in action !!
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 03564-D58-FB8-E-4-EC3-9-E37-24-E11-EE64-BE7

Dreadnought: Oh yes sir I can boogie ...
Black: not from this angle you can't !

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 26-CFE647-94-F8-458-F-8-E99-EC44-B8086357

Hippolata from the Repair team comes over  to 'check him out "

Hippolata: Heidi said you were cute .. whats this all about then ?
Dreadnought: Er.. I keep it to remind me of the good times and the better times ..an also the time I scaled the Wardrobe back in 69.. bad do .. bad do .. but I think it makes me look distinguished Laughing

So I though I would give Dreadnought a new look, utilising one of the latest Action Sailor outfits...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 3-AC55-C2-D-4-BBD-4-ACB-A8-B1-70-F72-E5-DF2-B9

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 F245410C-CCA7-4356-B0B9-54995D0DA224
Dreadnought is CO12's chief sniper.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 3-CEC3-F12-95-DC-4-FCF-96-FF-704-B148-DFDB7

Dreadnought: Hmm Velcro.. could be easy to get my kit off...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 F9D9E46F-37F0-430E-B3DC-C4D64E9B1182

Dreadnought: Still looking good after all this time ...

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 41460746-30-C4-4934-B124-95-F47-D663-B73

Hippolata: Come on Sailor I'll show you the Patrol route ..
Dreadnought ( thinks) 'Oh yes sir I can boogie all night long " Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol!

Thanks for looking I hope you enjoyed the latest bulletin from Munrovia HQ

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 10:44 pm

Great storyline, and posing too,....and all done without any anaesthetic?
Maybe it's just me but those fully naked VAM shots tend to unnerve me somewhat.... lol!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 12:48 am

Impressive rebuilt and an entertaining story along with it! Can't beat a combination like that!

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 1:23 am

It’s brilliant to see the female figures getting stuck in with getting your vam ready to go back in action. It’s brilliant to see you rebuilding your vam though the means of story telling.

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunner Munro's collection.
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next