ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marx - Additions to the CO11

Go down 
+4
JohnnyE4
somekindajoe
BAMComix
Gunner Munro
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

Marx - Additions to the CO11  Empty
PostSubject: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 9:59 am

Hi Folks

I'm pretty sure that you like me, had non Action Man buddies that made up your gang.

I'm looking to complete the crew with a couple of replacements for some sadly , "no longer with us" lads.

I had three Marx Figures - General Custer - he survived the Loft and spring rust. I've been scouring e-bay and have come up with some suitable replacements 

Marx - Additions to the CO11  95FCE378-CFF0-43B0-8E45-0D04262AF7DE_zpsadqniriu

SomeKindaJoe, I know had a couple ( along with two very cool looking Eagle Scouts).. and I'm sure some of you guys did too. I 

Guess  what also happened as I was on  my hunt ? I fell pray too:
1. 55 year old man in a sweet shop syndrome- oooh that looks cool/not much about so better grab that etc 
2. Itchy e-bay finger
3. Lack of a Delayed Gratification gene- ( see the Marsh mallow test on YouTube  Shocked )

So General Custer surveys his Command !

Marx - Additions to the CO11  27224469-7A6D-4E1D-ADE6-16C534283B27_zps7obcjzpo

Plus there is Jed Gibson recast on his way from Mexico ( I hope - fingers crossed !)- Mrs M will be pleased ??

So who & where did the your Marx guys fit into your gang ?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Awesome stuff Gunner! that is quite a collection of figures cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 pm

That's a very impressive line-up of Marx figures you have there!..and pretty speedily assembled too! lol!

For us 'of a certain age' Marx was the other great 12inch figure of our childhoods. They seem to have lost ground to VAM once it was in full stride and had largely vanished by the mid 70's but back in their day.... Rolling Eyes

I remember just before xmas 1969 the toy shop shelves were packed with Marx. I knew I was getting a VAM Mine Sweeper for xmas but was trying to wangle a General Custer too, but to no avail! I don't ever remember seeing another Custer in the shops after that!

Your Marx guys look like a ready made unit of irregulars and need to be recruited into the Munrovian Defence Force immediately!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Johnny West for me he far outlasted my Joe's
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 11:49 pm

Great Marx figures, Gunner!

I only had the one, but got a lot of play value out of him. Mike Hazard, but to me he was always Secret Agent aka Danger Man, John Drake, Patrick McGoohan!!! I thought the figure really was supposed to be John Drake, didn't find out he was Mike Hazard till I was an adult.

Oddly enough, I still have him.

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Nice collection of Marx figures
I never had any of these as a kid but always remember cousins having them.
One had an Indian chef and another had a blue figure but can't think what he was .
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 am

Marx certainly did make some cool stuff!

Marx - Additions to the CO11  IMG_3561_zpsqzsubzep
Marx - Additions to the CO11  IMG_3848_zpstg8b0bhv

-Nate
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 12:40 pm

That's one of the biggest displays of Marx figures I've seen so far..  "blimming' 'eck" your kitchen is like a toy shop  Cool  

I never had any Marx figures when I was a kid, I only vaguely remember them, I made do with Redbox and Action Johnny figures along side my Action Man & Joe crew.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marx - Additions to the CO11    Marx - Additions to the CO11  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marx - Additions to the CO11
Page 1 of 1