Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi Folks

Some of you will remember I bought some Special Forces figures for their Uni's and spare hands.

A recent recruit ( Jason Aston)from The Birmingham area turned up Sans arms.

So I wondered if the SF figures could offer more than just their hands ( each set come with three sets - two bare and one set of gloved.

These figures are held together via snap joints with small black screws. So actually various limbs and parts can be removed.

The top of the arm section will 'snap' out into two halves. there is a small male/ female plastic lug that goes through the shoulder rotation joint.With a bit of care you can pull the two halves apart. If you then return the screw to the top joint ,you are then left with two arms with an all important bar( renorced by the screw) to attach an arm elastic to. Smile

I then used some light garden wire from B&Q to  fashion some wire loop to act as a secure anchor for the elastic.

Then I used some elastic to form an arm loop and followed the tried and trusted VAM arm re-string method.

Here is jason with his new arms.

Not a 100% colour match and the hands are a little larger than the 40th replacement grippers , but not enough to look out of place.

Action Solider - Welcome to the Munrovians ! Report to the QM for a kit issue.!!

I also took off the feet. The lugs wont fit an VAM foot peg hole so that will be my next experiment for a footless soldier who has turned up.

Hope you find this useful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:15 pm

vVery cool Steve! great tip mate

GERMAN STORMTROOPER

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Excellent restoration work!!!

"You can rebuild him!"
...and it cost a lot less than 6 mil...

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Medic

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Nice tutorial! The hands do look a little large but not like MAM large. The hands look very lifelike.

I wonder if you shave down the top bit on the feet they would fit into VAM legs, or maybe shave off the top flat bit so you're left with just a peg and pack it out with something like split straws to make it fit into the VAM ankle hole?

Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Guys

yes I think those are both sensible ideas for the feet. I have two guys who need donations , so I will try both methods out and let you know how its gone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueboxier
Canadian Mounted Police

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:49 am

i think once he is dressed the hands wont look so big

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:23 pm

YES! Well done Gunner, nice fix arms look made for the job with the ball a and vam socket ! Great stuff !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:23 pm

we need pics! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.   

Back to top Go down

Using Special Forces figure arms for VAM - a quick how to.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1