ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rogue Trooper checking in

Go down 
+11
Beatlefan
TheOneManKid
blueboxier
Glidah Drivah
peterodgers
JohnnyE4
BAMComix
somekindajoe
Captian action
Professor Gangrene Fan
SlackElastic
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Rogue Trooper checking in  Empty
PostSubject: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 1:10 am

Name ?
Chris

Online name ?
Rogue Trooper...named after the 2000AD character. And if you don't know who that is you're probably too young lol

Location ?
Bedfordshire...but originally from London

First Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
Like most people my age ....51...but still 12 in my head...my first AM was a basic soldier figure.

What was your favourite figure as a kid, and do you still own him?

It was a blonde flocked,bearded.. gripping hands adventurer. He was christened Paul by myself. He was always the hero in every scenario.

As for do I still have him?? The answer is no. A few years after leaving home i decided that I wanted my AM stuff back. I had pretty much everything you could want.. 10 Action Men, almost every vehicle and outfit..the horse.. everything!!

But my dad had given it all to my younger cousins.

It wasn't until several years later that I discovered that my anti war hippy auntie had immediately binned the lot    

I NEED to recreate Paul in all his bearded..lone wolf sniper glory.

Not that I'm bitter at all

Favourite figure now ?
I only have one squad member at the moment. My lone survivor... I've recently given him new arms and hands to replace his lost/damaged parts. His eye brows are revamped thanks to the permanent marker trick. And his lips and scar will be sorted soon as they have faded quite a lot.

Most desired item ?
Figure wise..it's definitely a blonde adventurer. Other than that..as an ex biker.. lots of motorbikes. Oh and a troop carrier, which I didn't even know existed until the other day.

What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
Great question.. dunno. Especially as I don't think I'm the kind of person to keep stuff in their packages.

What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of your collection/hobby?
As long as I don't spend crazy money on stuff she doesn't mind what I spend my money on. I have a lot of tattoos and musical equipment. Although I haven't said anything specific to her, I think she might work it out when parcels start turning up...oh and I mentioned a 50th convention to her yesterday... she didn't even laugh.

Do you set yourself a budget ?
Hmmmmm well...not really, but I refuse to pay some of the crazy prices that some sellers think stuff is worth.

Worst Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
Eagle eyes.... sorry to the fans, but they always look startled or scared to me.

Views on 40th reproductions ?
I've only seen some of it...and I think it's great.

Worst item of the Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 range ?
Any of the football stuff....oh how I hate football.

Best thing about collecting Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figures ?
Getting to ( virtually ) know people like Blondeactionman..and hopefully to meet up with him and other crazy collectors.

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?
As I'm a rip the packet open and get it on a figure kind of guy..... rather than a let's keep it all packages up kind of guy.. probably not lol

If you did not collect Vam/Joe/Mam what would you collect ?
Tattoos...bass guitars/equipment.. just sold a double bass.

What AM/Joe outfit or set would you like to have seen released?
All the ones I'm gonna try to create. Pirate, Mad Max, Judge Dredd, etc etc

Do you have a/What is your favourite section of AMMO?
Dioramas and kitbash

Why do you like AMMO ?
Seem like a friendly bunch who will help and inspire me.

Me and the boys...I was about 7 i think. The dark haired chap on the left is my sole survivor.
Rogue Trooper checking in  Me_little_AM

Last edited by Rogue-Trooper on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 1:54 am

Oops... just read the thing about being asked to fill one of these in. Sorry guys I thought it was an introduction thingy.
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 7:31 am

Don't worry about that fella... we're relaxed about those sorts of things.... however your hippy auntie is off the Xmas list!

Nice interview fella...try and get to the Action Man day... it's good fun!

Later,

Slack
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:24 am

Great interview mate! I agree with slack, don't worry about the interview, its always great to learn more about each other cheers
Shame about your vam stuff being binned!, why do adults do this when we were kids?? Great interview mate, really enjoyed it! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:50 am

Rogue Trooper. I really liked reading your interview, my favourite parts are you saying "Especially as I don't think I'm the kind of person to keep stuff in their packages." and "As I'm a rip the packet open and get it on a figure kind of guy..... rather than a let's keep it all packages up kind of guy." Your gonna try to create. Pirate, Mad Max, Judge Dredd, well you go for it and I'll be looking forward to seeing them once you've kitbashed them up.

Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 am

Welcome to the forum Chris! I love Rogue Trooper! Before we moved house I had 700+ 2000AD comics and other stuff in the loft but there was no room for it in the new house. Sad My sister took them to try and sell but I don't know if she did or not.

I see you too were a victim of the younger cousin - me too! He had all my stuff when we were younger and he gave them all away to his nephew. All I got back a few years ago was my MP motorbike but it was not in good condition.

Look forward to see the Pirate, Mad Max and Judge Dredd kitbashes if you do them!

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Great interview and welcome to ammo !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenRogue Trooper checking in  G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Cheers guys.

As I lay in bed last night I was working out how to do Judge Dredd ..I don't think it's going to be too difficult. So I think I'll start with that one.

Oh by the way....just won a blonde flocked AM ..so now my squad has two Very Happy
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Great interview!

We've all heard the 'my mum gave my VAM away' story a thousand times but the anti-war Auntie makes it so much more tragic! Sad

The sweetest revenge would be to now collect 100's of VAM!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:32 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

Great interview!

We've all heard the 'my mum gave my VAM away' story a thousand times but the anti-war Auntie makes it so much more tragic! Sad

Hahahaha... well my squad has just doubled..to two. My original plan was .....

1 blonde flocked
1 dark flocked
1 blonde bearded flocked
1 dark bearded flocked

But then I saw a blue pants. I didn't have one as a lad ..but I like the look of them. So 3 or 4 of those too and I'll stop..... maybe Laughing
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Cheers guys.

As I lay in bed last night I was working out how to do Judge Dredd ..I don't think it's going to be too difficult. So I think I'll start with that one.

Oh by the way....just won a blonde flocked AM ..so now my squad has two Very Happy

Fantastic mate! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 12:10 am

their like Pringles or is it Ruffles you can't have just one
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 9:32 am

somekindajoe wrote:

Great interview!

There might be hundreds of VAM in landfills somewhere...where's my spade?

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:12 am

peterodgers wrote:

There might be hundreds of VAM in landfills somewhere...where's my spade?

Hahahaha...I think you're right.

Every time one comes up for sale on the internet I'm staring at him thinking  "was that mine ?..do I recognise him ? " Weird huh!?!? Laughing

Chris
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Great interview! The hippy aunt story is a tragic variation on the lost toys theme!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
somekindajoe wrote:

Great interview!

1 blonde flocked
1 dark flocked
1 blonde bearded flocked
1 dark bearded flocked

But then I saw a blue pants. I didn't have one as a lad ..but I like the look of them. So 3 or 4 of those too and I'll stop..... maybe Laughing
were you never told no plan survives 1st contact with the enemy , or in this case A.M. lol! lol! lol!

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Hahahaha...I should have realised that Jim Laughing Laughing

Chris
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
somekindajoe wrote:

Great interview!

1 blonde flocked
1 dark flocked
1 blonde bearded flocked
1 dark bearded flocked

Just wait it wil expand further than even you expect.............lol

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenRogue Trooper checking in  G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 9:37 pm

...as a wise man once said "Never trust a hippy!"

Yeah, time to recreate that favourite Action Man... I only every had one as kid and luckily I still have him... he has a few buddies now too... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Great interview Chris, good to find out more about you. Looking forward to the Dredd bash mate.

As Slack said, pop along to the AM day, always a good place to meet fellow collectors and increase the numbers of figures lol!

Rogue Trooper checking in  Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Cheers..

Is that the one in coalville?? Or is there another one too ?

Chris
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Rogue Trooper checking in  Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 9:35 pm

It's less than an hour from me. But I'm on a 12 hour day shift that day Sad

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:56 pm

Only just read this Chris, great insight and a good read! As for your Dread bash contact STONEWALL as he does a lot of sci-fi stuff from 1/6 to 1/1 and he seems to love judge dredd and his stuff is good Smile

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Cheers for the info...I will definitely contact stonewall when I finally get round to the long list of kitbashes that I have in mind lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper checking in    Rogue Trooper checking in  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trooper checking in
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next