ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first Action Man.

Go down 
+3
Captian action
BAMComix
ActionYankee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

My first Action Man. Empty
PostSubject: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 7:38 pm

My first Action Man, and it's the set I've wanted ever since I found one on eBay many years ago. I have some Scottish and Irish ancestry, so the attraction was strong.

The parcel, just as it came in early August, not yet opened.
My first Action Man. DSC_0031_zpso8mlknui

The set, just removed from the corrugated cardboard shipping box, still unopened.
My first Action Man. DSC_0032_zpsgr2pimjx

The figure box, unopened.
My first Action Man. DSC_0034_zpsgzy8zswt

The Uniform Set, unopened.
My first Action Man. DSC_0033_zpsjaefmdg0

The Figure, standing proud next to his box and paperwork.
My first Action Man. DSC_0035_zpscgm3js2n

Though he does have a flat top, likely due to ten years packed up minty.
My first Action Man. DSC_0039_zpsd271sqgs

The figure all kitted out in the set, the whole reason for my purchase.
My first Action Man. DSC_0036_zpsz3b5qyhu

My Review: It's a great set, I'm absolutely chuffed to finally own an AM figure. And his box uniform is so simple, it's a very cool set. The AM Blue Beret Action Soldier is one of the Coolest figures I've ever owned.

I've got a couple of minor notes with the figure.

1: His hair is misshapen by 10 years or so in an itty bitty living space. Through some persuasion, it looks decent. It started to fall off, so I sent him to get new hair. He's a sight better now.
My first Action Man. DSC_0029_zpsdnqotlso

2: His elastic is super tight, so tight in fact, that the ball on his right hip has become misshapen by the stress, and can get stuck from time to time. A small complaint, I can manage. I've been giving him elastic exercises to stretch it out and make it looser.

3: He came with no belt, as I had been led to believe from other people's post about the 40th 2nd Release Action Soldier. (I threw in an extra belt from Cotswold, it’s all good now.)

4: I believe the crown on his Beret to be up-side down, like a lot of people's from the way they talk about them.

I've got a few notes on the uniform, nothing major.

1: The Jacket is awfully tight.

2: The blade of the bayonet comes off of the hilt.

3: The boots are super strange, made of a material that dyed the backing card, and are super scary to take off of my chap, for fear of breaking a foot off.

4: The Glengarry is a difficult to place on his fuzzy nogin, and keep it there. (getting better)

5: The belt that holds the Sporran is crazy hard to cinch in any manner of stay-put-ness.

It seems like I have a lot of issue with the set, but I don't, it's a great set, and I love every bit of it. The joints on the figure are nice and tight, but very smooth, and he holds his position nicely. The Uniform is amazing, well worth the ten year wait (or there abouts), and I will probably be getting a few more Action Men in the future (not too many, because 1: Money, and 2: I’m a Joe guy).

I do have one question though, on the kilt, are the frilly folds in front or are the frilly folds in back? For the pictures I dressed my chap with the frilly folds in back.

I've named him “Sean Stevens,” 1 part from the Scottish actor Sean Connery (one of my favorites), 1 part from my English Heritage, Stevens.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Last edited by ActionYankee on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Great set, great figure! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 pm

great set ,nice re flock too ! Frilly folds ????? lol!  lol!  lol!  I guess you mean pleats , are always worn at the rear of a kilt !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenMy first Action Man. G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:50 pm

its just a pity hes not a ginger guy with a beard , always thought that was the way an A & S should be study

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 10:12 pm

He looks great! Very Happy

Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 11:50 pm

That's a great set...and all the artwork on both boxes is classic... nice present!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 5:06 am

Great acquisition, Ian!!!

This is a figure I've always liked too. A few years ago I found out my English ancestors came from Scotland, so I can claim both countries now. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Great review, you make a good case for getting the figure!

Do believe I'd have to go for a ginger beardy though. Wink Very Happy Wink

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Action Man.   My first Action Man. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first Action Man.
Page 1 of 1