ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Max Steele head reattach

Go down 
+3
Captian action
Professor Gangrene Fan
Rossini
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

Max Steele head reattach Empty
PostSubject: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:17 pm

For years I've had a super articulated electronic max Steele figure with his head off, the neck  post was broken off inside the head so I cut the back of the head open to remove it and its sat around for ages so the other day I decided to fix him! I grabbed some elastic and an old pen lid to act as a neck post and reattached like a BPEE.
Max Steele head reattach IMG_20161029_160041_zpsw68wvnmr
Max Steele head reattach IMG_20161029_160030_zpsifoesnjy
Max Steele head reattach IMG_20161029_160125_zpsoh8sxfrr
Max Steele head reattach IMG_20161029_160133_zpslopo0tlq

After I popped the head back on I have since used super glue gel to glue the split back up (forgot to take pic) and now his head moves a lot better than they usually do Very Happy

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:21 pm

Fantastic work Ross, very well done.

Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Cheers Alex Very Happy

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 10:46 pm

Great fix Ross

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenMax Steele head reattach G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 pm

Great work. Although the max Steele figures are a bit too pretty aren't they ?

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:09 pm

Captian action wrote:
Great fix Ross
Cheers Jay

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:10 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
They sure are! lol!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Well done Ross! Very Happy

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 12:59 am

nicely done ross bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 1:40 am

That's a good bit of fixing on Max Steel's noggin, the pen lid fix is a really good idea. I wonder if a big marker pen lid would work in fixing up a EE vam head? Cool

Any ideas of what you will kit the figure out in?

I've been a big fan of Max Steel figures for years now, the super articulated ones are my favourite ones (there's 3 types of articulation levels in the figure range) I'm glad to see the figure now being accepted a bit more. I think i sent a Max to Al a few years ago, probably to try and get a few others into Max Steel. It's a nice figure, but Max's hairdo plays havoc with vam helmets and berets, hoods and wooly hats seem to work the best with Max. Max Steel is a 1/6 continuation of the classic Big Jim, Max even shared the same colour schemes as the Big Jim/Mark Strong 9" action figures.

I should try and get a photo posted of all my Max Steel figures one day Wink

clivvers @ "Going Turbo!"

clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 2:03 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
No not at all, it's the college/high school style haircut and lack of facial battle scar that leads to this thinking. Max steel has a young hero looking face that appealed to young & adult fans of the tv cartoon, which ran for 3 seasons (2000 - 2002). Battle Action Man is a totally different kind of hero compared to Max Steel. I've liked the Max Steel figures since i got back into vam again in 2009, Max Steel reminds me of the classic Big Jim/Mark Strong figure i had when i was a kid.

I wonder who would win an arm wrestling match out of these two: MAM or Max??

Smile

Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 2:55 am

Lol..well I'm toying with the idea of a battle scar on at least one of my two..and maybe some stubble on the other.

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:06 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Lol..well I'm toying with the idea of a battle scar on at least one of my two..and maybe some stubble on the other.
Sounds like a good custom idea, i forgot to point out that there are Max figures that come with slightly different (moody/mean) looking facial expressions, i think these would be more appealing to customizers. There's also ones that wear eyepieces (a green or red one), they are also my faves and have a rather mean/serious look about them, i have some somewhere.

Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:14 am

A few years back I got a warhammer painting friend of mine to do me a repaint... Max Steele head reattach Photo-21

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:22 am

That's a nice paint job.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:32 am

One of my first bashes when I got into 12" again! Kinda still like his look
Max Steele head reattach Photo-22

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:34 am

That's a great bash.

It's good to know that with a bit of work they can look mean n moody.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:35 am

I really like the look of your Max Steel Ross.

clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:45 am

Nice custom paint job and kitmix @ Ross! Cool

That new paint job certainly gives that one a more serious tougher look, kind of a C*A military advisor look, also that MAM vest matches well with the rest of that outfit.

I'm sitting at my pc and i can see a medium sized tub jam packed with Max figures, i'm now itching to get to my acrylic paint collection lol!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max Steele head reattach   Max Steele head reattach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Max Steele head reattach
Page 1 of 1