ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watching the fireworks!

Go down 
+5
gibri
inntruderr61
clivvers
Professor Gangrene Fan
somekindajoe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Watching the fireworks! Empty
PostSubject: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 7:02 pm

It's the 1st firework night since the guys moved up the loft. Great view of the celebrations, just impossible to photograph!

Watching the fireworks! DSCF4637_zpsitqjhtdg

Watching the fireworks! DSCF4639_zpsduplf9sv

Joe and Hank are just glad to be watching them from a safe distance as in the past they've been way to up close and personal with them. affraid  Just don't mention firework night 1972! Lets hope all the noise doesn't give them 'flashbacks'!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Great pictures Somekindajoe, just great. WHAT HAPPENED on firework night 1972 Somekindajoe mmmmmm ?

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Excellent and atmospheric photos Steve, i can almost smell the hotdogs and onions that usually hug the air on Guy Fawkes night.

A around 7:30pm tonight (Sat) did you see a large dispaly in the distance (North Westwards from your angle i think) If you did, then it was the one not far from my HQ, over the Banstead skyline and Ewell way, it only lasted 30 mins but was quite intense, like a War had broken out.

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 am

1972 we had a flood that year from Hurricane Agnes... affraid
Yes what happened in 72 on firework night Question

Great pics! cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 6:41 am

...the rooftops of London...cor, what a sight!

You may not have gotten good images of the fireworks, but they are some pretty nice shots of the city lights. Joe and Hank have a pretty nice view!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:24 am

lol! lol! lol! Fantastic stuff steve!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 11:10 am

Thanks for the comments guys. It was a very busy night last night so fire work manufacturers certainly made some money!

Clive, Banstead is due west of me so I can't see it from the north facing loft. My view is over Bromley, Greenwich and up to Canary wharf and east London.

Firework night 1972 Rolling Eyes ....

On the afternoon before bonfire night my mates and me got hold of some 'Bangers' (the cool, dangerous type they're not allowed to sell anymore) and decided to try and out do each other in a 'who's got the bravest Action Man' contest! Shocked This amounted to putting our VAM in as dangerous a position with the lighted fireworks as possible. Joe's 1st turn was sitting on a milk bottle with a banger dropped in it. The 'bang' cracked the bottle and set the seat of Joe's pants on fire. All my mates were laughing while I ran around the garden 'spanking' Joe to put the flames out! A mate's VAM lost a couple of hard hand fingers by holding a banger and another had a black speckled face that even vim wouldn't shift. Having lost a set of trousers with Joe I decided Hank had to take his turn naked!(do you think the guys still hate me?). We stood him there with a banger between his legs in a rather rude pose. Hank however took it all in his stride and despite the explosion knocking him over all he suffered was a melt mark on his bum!
...so you see it's no wonder now days the  guys much prefer watching the fireworks from the safety of the loft!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 11:20 am

I wondered why Hank 2.0 keeps complaining of a pain in his butt check! must be a phantom ache, or he just likes the nurse! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 11:30 am

Great pictures Steve.

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 12:15 pm

1972 @ Steve lol! lol!

The early 70's bangers were probably bits of expl-sives left over from WW2. Banwell bangers were good: underwater Duck farts and lighting bangers in runny dog do's, then watching all your mates run like mad lol!

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Very nice pics there Steve... times have moved on for Joe and Hank... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Nice photos Steve, very atmospheric.
I think we got up to mischief with fireworks
I remember meeting up with loads of mates from school at an old derelict factory near us and firing mini rockets at each other through bits of waste pipe taken out of my dads garage.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 8:53 pm

Jet- wrote:
Nice photos Steve, very atmospheric.
I think we got up to mischief with fireworks
I remember meeting up with loads of mates from school at an old derelict factory near us and firing mini rockets at each other through bits of waste pipe taken out of my dads garage.

lol!  Yes mini rockets! i had forgotten about those fun noisy screamers!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching the fireworks!   Watching the fireworks! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching the fireworks!
Page 1 of 1