Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone seen this MAM before

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skorpion
Painted Head

Anyone seen this MAM before Empty
PostSubject: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 3:11 pm

One for Ackie seen this? No  No
Anyone seen this MAM before IMG_1274_zps1ukcadbb
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Nice and colourful set,

I think i've seen the scooter somewhere before, it looks like one of the late releases?. Did you get this from Tesco about 8 years ago, because they had MAM exclusives that were only sold at Tesco, they were the X Mission sets, but there may have been other non X Mission sets? The Tesco sets are quite hard to find, they were produced at the end or just after MAM's production, so a very limited number of sets were made.

Anyone seen this MAM before 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 4:51 pm

I'v never ever ever seen this box set before in my life, but some items look the same or alike some items from other sets like the rocket launcher has the same design as the rocket launcher from the Street Patrol set but the only difference between the two rocket launchers are the colours of each one. The other item that looks the same is his helmet that's exactly the same colours and design of the helmet from the action man desert surfer set. Skorpion is it possible if you could take a picture of the back of the box please.

Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:05 pm

I've not seen it either rabbit

skorpion
Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Thanks for your replies guys... infact this product was never released . it was the most sophisticated electronic AM set ever produced.each item had a chip in it and was recognised by the sound module so each item would be interactive..... so complex was the electronics it was difficult to get the on pack communication to sell it effectively so this set was never sold, you may have seen the individual items later ie the tooling was used up minus the electronics for other playsets scooter, launcher.
so i'm told! Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Armoured Car Commander
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 7:17 pm

If that set never went into production it could be one of the rarest MAM sets ever!

BTW, is he wearing a helmet of does he have an Afro hairstyle? lol!

Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 pm

peterodgers wrote:
If that set never went into production it could be one of the rarest MAM sets ever!

BTW, is he wearing a helmet of does he have an Afro hairstyle? lol!

This is an image of preproduction run fep which passed green tagging! so yes it is ultra rare! this product was not shipped!

BTW he's riding his scooter all along the watchtower!
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 7:59 pm

How have you managed to get this ultra rare product that wasn't shipped skorpion ?

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 2:46 am

Nice set! Very Happy

Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 8:54 am

ACKIE88 wrote:
How have you managed to get this ultra rare product that wasn't shipped skorpion ?

That's classified i could tell you but..........Ha Ha Ha come on Ackie given my previous posts it is actually quite obvious!!

Last edited by skorpion on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skorpion
Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 8:55 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Nice set! Very Happy

Thanks Jim
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 10:31 am

ACKIE88 wrote:
Ackie,

From time to time rare stuff can turn up on ebay and other auction sites, and usually sold by ex toy-reps and the likes. You just got to have eagle eyes, a fully loaded paypal account and a trigger happy mouse button finger to acquire rare stuff.

clivvers @ The Car Boot Sale Boss.

Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 am

skorpion wrote:
ACKIE88 wrote:

That's classified i could tell you but..........Ha Ha Ha come on Ackie given my previous posts it is actually quite obvious!!

I'm guessing you bought or won the bid from ether EBay or another auction site Very Happy.

Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 am

ACKIE88 wrote:
skorpion wrote:
ACKIE88 wrote:

I'm guessing you bought or won the bid from ether EBay or another auction site Very Happy.

Ha not quite! lets put it this way product development its a tough job but someones got to do it!
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:16 pm

skorpion wrote:
ACKIE88 wrote:
skorpion wrote:
ACKIE88 wrote:

Ha not quite! lets put it this way  product development its a tough job but someones got to do it!
OMG, you were working on Action Man (MAM) product development?, now the firing squad of questions will begin:

1. Do you have any original sketches and preliminary artwork from some of the development of MAM items?

2. Can you sell/trade with me a certain common carded figure that i've been after for ages?

3. What years were you involved in the production of MAM?

4. Do you have all the MAM range and was it a perk of the job?

5. Over to you Ackie...

Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Deep Sea Diver
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:21 pm

never seen it myself ,but i do have 1 with about 5 different electronic thing that goes in his hand and makes different sounds though

Painted Head

PostSubject: AM Dev   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 10:11 am

Clivvers, surprisingly when you work on a product line for its duration, pre production artwork is seen as work-in progress only,
and that goes in the bin and is destroyed when it's served its development purpose! remember we are doing a job we are not collectors and there is a duty of care for the brand reputation not to share or distribute anything that would not have been approved or would indicate to a competetor NPD (New product development!) I have shared some things on this forum which i know forum members would find genuinely interesting ! I as a part of a project portfolio have a collection but sadly i am not a trader. I remain as you do, an interested fan of a great product line.

Skorpion
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 11:25 am

skorpion wrote:
I as a part of a project portfolio have a collection but sadly i am not a trader.I remain as you do, an interested fan of a great product line.

Skorpion

They is nothing sadly about that your not a trader of MAM in my MAM book skorpion, I'm more pleased to here you say that your an interested fan of a great product line because for me you being a FAN of MAM is far more inportent to me Very Happy. I'm also so glad that we've got another MAM fan on the forum.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen this MAM before   Anyone seen this MAM before Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen this MAM before
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Collections-
Jump to: