ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holy SH*T - Trump is President

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 1:05 am

I saw Hillary being interviewed on some talk show and she was asked if she would run again this time.
I swear she looked straight at the interviewer and said "And I could beat him AGAIN!"
Is she delusional and still thinks she's living in the White House?
Does she honestly believe she won? So why isn't she President now?
Still, in her book of course it's everyone else's fault that she didn't win. She assumes ascribes not an iota of responsibility to herself.  Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes

I wonder why Americans seem so eager to see their soldiers die in foreign wars? I would have thought they'd want their boys come home....and NOT in those flag-draped body-bags?

As I've said before I never really took that much interest in the politics of the USA before, but now I find it quite fascinating.
Sky News here is about the ONLY channel to NOT push the anti-Trump agenda.

"The Prince of Woke" up in Canada might have managed to get himself re-elected, (and that's despite his farcical predilection for show-boating, such as making his family's visit to India into a Bollywood Spectacle to mention just one example), but his majority was much reduced.

I believe you can still move to Australia and after three years apply for permanency.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 2:05 am

LeStryge wrote:

She bases her claim on the "popular vote." Technically, she received more votes than Trump nationwide. Remove California from the mix and it wasn't even close. Remove California and New York from the mix and it was a popular vote mega-landslide for Trump.

I believe it is no coincidence that the move to impeach (remove from office) President Trump is being led by lawmakers from California and New York.

In Presidential elections, the US uses a system called the Electoral College. Each individual state of the 50 states, plus a couple of territories, is allotted "votes" based on population. Most states award their state electoral votes on a "winner take all" basis, so whether a candidate wins the state by 51% or 99%, they get all the electoral votes from that state. (A few states award their votes proportionally, which is what I think they all should do, but most are winner takes all.) The system was set up 250 years ago so that one or two states with large populations would not dominate every national presidential election.

Prior to the last election, every "expert" claimed that there was "no possible way" for Trump to win the majority of the Electoral College delegates. They all... ALL... said it would be a landslide for Clinton. Most states are predictable, tending to vote the same way every cycle. There are a few states called "swing states" which are less predictable and which tend to be the deciding states in presidential elections. Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio seem to be the states that make the biggest difference.

I was discouraged on election night, watching the coverage and listening to the "experts" explain why Trump didn't have a chance. As the early state results rolled in, it was Clinton Clinton Clinton.

But then... Trump took Ohio. Everybody was, "wait... what? How could that be?" All of a sudden the race was closer. But of course, statistically it was still an "almost impossible long shot" according to the TV commentators. More states rolled in, predictable results, nothing changed. Then... Florida. Florida went for Trump. I actually stood up and cheered. I knew he had it then. It seems like nobody wins if they don't win Florida. Usually the Florida vote is so close it results in recounts and court battles. But Trump took Florida by a margin sufficient that recounts were not required.

Still, the commentators said it was "unlikely" that he would prevail. And even though the numbers on the screen told the story, every network refused to "call" Pennsylvania. Because Clinton was supposed to dominate Pennsylvania. There was no way Trump could win Pennsylvania. By that point Trump was leading in the Electoral votes, but they just didn't want to admit it.

One of the best moments in television in my lifetime was when the CNN voting analyst looked in to the camera and said, "at this point, there is no possible mathematical path... for Hillary Clinton to win the White House." Oh, how they stretched it out. They were down to predicting individual counties and even areas of cities, trying to show how Clinton was going to win.

ALL the analysts said that Clinton would EASILY take the electoral votes.

All the analysts were wrong.

Trump has said that if the election were based on the popular vote, he would have campaigned totally differently, focusing on only five or six states. Instead, he campaigned based on the electoral votes, putting less time in to high population states that were solidly for Clinton, like California.

After the election, millions of voters were removed from the California register. Illegal voters. People who had moved. People who were dead. Something like two million.

In some areas of California, Clinton received more votes than there were registered voters. Happened in parts of Illinois, too, a state with arguably the most corrupt election system in the country.

Clinton claims she won because she won the "popular vote." All those votes were from California. And one state should not, and currently does not, control the nation... although they are trying.

I'm hoping the UK results are mirrored here in the States next year. But people are stupid beyond measure, so I don't know.

As for overseas wars, the public does NOT want us involved in wars. The public is fine with the President negotiating with foreign leaders, even North Korea. It is the politicians, who get big contributions from tech and hardware companies involved in military contracts, and the broadcast and print media, who love war because it drives ratings and therefor generates money, who want war. I find it frightening.

The other Democrat candidates attacked the one anti-war Democrat presidential candidate and called her a "Russian asset" because she is against sending soldiers in to needless foreign conflicts. It was one of the lowest things I've seen a candidate do, and nobody came to her defense.

If I think about it too much, I conclude that our country is doomed.

Oh, hey, one of the states just passed strict anti-firearms laws. There is now unrest among the population, and the state is considering calling in the military to quell the unrest. This is the EXACT thing the founders of the nation warned against 250 years ago. The right to keep and bear arms is a protected right... supposedly... and was specifically included in the nation's constitution to allow citizens some measure of protection against overbearing government. But one state basically eliminated that right, and they're poised to use military force to enforce that authority.

Yeah, the great experiment in "democracy" that was the United States of America will become a shadow of its former self within my lifetime, of that I have little doubt. Take away the guns and boot out a President who doesn't play by their corrupt rules.

Of course, you guys let 'em take your guns away a long time ago, and my understanding is that they've taken away your beer, too, by taxing it to the point where nobody can afford it anymore. What happened to the "rugged individualism" that once characterized Australia?

I'm pleased to see the people of the UK finally at least trying to shake off the yoke of the European Union. I hope they can do it. There is a lot of money and a lot of backroom deal-making trying to ensure that it does not happen.

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 9:23 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
Well despite all the fear-mongering and doom saying, according to all the latest figures, looks like Trump has the economy and jobs situation going gang-busters....and has refused to enter any more foreign wars. Not that you'll ever read about it in any of those  newspapers or on any TV channel with the exception of Sky.
Why is that?

Here in the States, the anti-Trump media, which is all the media except for one cable network, refer to the one not-anti-Trump news outlet, FOX News, as a Trump propaganda arm. FOX, under Australian-born Rupert Murdoch and his sons, was, until recently, the owner of Sky.

Unfortunately, the Murdochs sold their interest in Sky. Sky is now owned by Comcast, a cable and media conglomerate, which owns American broadcaster NBC and countless other media properties. My understanding is that James Murdoch, a son of Rupert, is transitioning out of the position of CEO of Sky. I expect that once the transition to Comcast ownership is complete, there will be little or no positive coverage of President Trump.

Yes, the stock market has hit record highs over 100 times since President Trump took office. Even some of our rabid anti-Trump acquaintances and relatives have had to grudgingly admit that their tax rates went down. And YES, President Trump has been fighting tooth and nail against the Congress in order to draw down troops stationed overseas and to open direct talks with leaders of hostile nations. You would not believe the intensity of the backlash he receives from every facet of government for preferring negotiation over confrontation. There is ZERO media support for avoiding war. Particularly discouraging is the sheeplike mentality of the general public who parrot whatever the talking heads on the TV news are saying.

LeStryge wrote:

I also note that Canadian immigration from the US has not risen appreciably, particularly from all those luvvies and Hollywood types.  

I looked in to the possibility of emigrating to Canada; not in case of Trump, but rather, if the other candidate won. Not that I want to live under the two-faced (literally) rule of the blackface-wearing "woke" Prime Minister in a country that is intentionally melting the permafrost to mine for gold in the arctic, polluting the groundwater and destroying First Nations tribal lands with tar sands extraction, making money by selling permits to hunt polar bears, and still condones the clubbing of baby seals. Nice people, those Canadians. But they're sure quick to condemn everybody else for failing to address climate change and environmental issues. Anyway, I looked in to it, and even though my mother was born in Canada (making me a "child of immigrants," I guess), I don't qualify to move permanently to Canada. Americans can buy property in Canada, but we can't live there. Unless we are rich, and are willing to "contribute" a "minimum" of two million dollars to the Canadian government.

The US is apparently the ONLY country that allows pretty much unrestricted immigration. I have been unable to find ANY other country that will allow foreign nationals to simply move in, get a job, and take up permanent residence. Certainly not Canada. A couple of years ago Prime Minister Trudeau said "we gladly accept anyone," but that is a bald-faced lie. Canada has extremely strict immigration policies... and extremely high taxes... and extremely restrictive laws and regulations about pretty much everything.

LeStryge wrote:
Of course Boris winning convincingly was widely predicted,..... unlike the Trump victory in the USA where all the pundits and polls that are supposed to "know" had it down as an impossibility.

And it's getting very hard to find any takers to go against Trump getting his second term too.

Oh, but the "polls" indicate that ANY of the current Democrat candidates, even the ones polling at less than five percent in their own primary election, will handily trounce President Trump in the general election. These polls are repeated almost every single day across most of the print and broadcast media. It is a coordinated propaganda effort to brainwash the general public.

Supposedly a guy named Biden, who, quite literally, is so mentally foggy that he can't remember what state he is visiting and who talks about letting little children stroke his leg hair in the swimming pool... which would absolutely destroy any other candidate... will crush President Trump by double digit percentages in the general election next year. This despite the fact that if two-thousand people show up at a Biden rally it is considered a monster turn-out, while twenty- to forty-thousand people showing up at Trump rallies is the norm.

If the betting oddsmakers base their payouts on "polls" rather than reality, you, sir, are set to clean up yet again this time next year.

Testify!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 9:24 am

LeStryge wrote:
I saw Hillary being interviewed on some talk show and she was asked if she would run again this time.
I swear she looked straight at the interviewer and said "And I could beat him AGAIN!"
Still, in her book of course it's everyone else's fault that she didn't win. She assumes ascribes not an iota of responsibility to herself.  Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes

I wonder why Americans seem so eager to see their soldiers die in foreign wars? I would have thought they'd want their boys come home....and NOT in those flag-draped body-bags?

As I've said before I never really took that much interest in the politics of the USA before, but now I find it quite fascinating.
Sky News here is about the ONLY channel to NOT push the anti-Trump agenda.

"The Prince of Woke" up in Canada might have managed to get himself re-elected, (and that's despite his farcical predilection for show-boating, such as making his family's visit to India into a Bollywood Spectacle to mention just one example), but his majority was much reduced.

I believe you can still move to Australia and after three years apply for permanency.

For someone from all the way down under,  I'd say you have a pretty good handle on things in the Northern Hemisphere.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 am

But, most importantly, the free world is now run by two men with crazy hair...

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 12:57 pm

gibri wrote:
But, most importantly, the free world is now run by two men with crazy hair...

affraid affraid affraid

geek YES! sunny

Gotta love the no-it's-not-a-wig-honest hair!

LeStryge
Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 6:35 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Oh, and, just a note to any moderators or anyone peeking in at this topic and then fleeing in panic because TOY FORUMS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO GET POLITICAL... speaking for myself, and I'm assuming it applies to the other participants in this discussion (feel free to FLAME me if I'm mistaken)... this is ALL IN GOOD FUN!
Couldn't agree more Dave, ...and it is SO interesting to hear others opinions on this!
This IS the "Off Topic Forum."

I have spend more than a few moments on You Tube watching supposed experts and pundits faces dropping dramatically as the electoral results become undeniably apparent!
I really enjoy this BEFORE the election clip with Ann Coulter....and the incredulous reaction on the face of the Afro-American lady!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbygriZT1Xw

I got exactly the same response from all those who lined up to take my money when I too bet on a Trump victory. They thought I was an idiot and there to be taken.
"He laughs best who laughs last" I always say.....as I look at my loot!  lol!

Oh and the screaming in the streets is really funny! I've always wanted to ask those walking around with "Not My President" written on their faces where they will be living now that they have officially seceded from the USA and therefore have become an illegal alien ?
I was no fan of Tony Abbott ( a short lived Prime Minister here in Australia) but he WAS undeniably the elected PM. (That is until he was shortly rolled by his OWN party!)

Interesting to learn that Clinton could somehow manage to get more votes than the number of people entitled to vote in some areas!
Sounds like the "elections" held in a few other dodgy countries known for their corruption and stacking!

The USA political system seems quite odd to we outsiders. Specially the way candidates from the SAME political party have to publicly debate each other (sometimes quite nastily) before any are selected.
This seems to point out weaknesses in the party rather than strengths.
The Democrats are pinning all their hopes on a successful impeachment, rather than getting a good candidate with popular policies.
It seems to me that they really don't have anyone that is viable Presidential material....AT ALL!
I do not understand why everybody seems more concerned with Trump's phone calls to the Ukraine rather than the exposure of Biden's sheer nepotism in securing a VERY lucrative position for his own son, ...who was completely unqualified to sit on that board?

Had a bit of an ironic laugh at the thought of sending in troops with guns to enforce a "no-guns" policy!
Our much vaunted gun laws here have done nothing else but ensured that it is only the criminals who now have guns! And they still have plenty!

Talking Commander
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Well "impeachment" only managed to blow up in the Democrats face, ......like just about all their other ideas. The more mud they throw the more it comes back at them.

Who was it said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result"?
Einstein?
Seems to me that the Dems are just selecting which candidate it will be to loose against Trump!
Hard to argue with the booming economy, and the highest employment rates for just about everyone, including Blacks, Asians....and women!

"Why doesn't Trump need glasses? Because he already HAS 20/20!"

If Trump manages to sign a peace deal with the Taliban, having already got North Korea's Kim Jong-un to talks, surely he deserves the Nobel Peace prize?
(But of course he's Trump, and they won't give it to him!)

PostSubject: Re: Holy SH*T - Trump is President   Holy SH*T - Trump is President - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy SH*T - Trump is President
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: