ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"

Go down 
+6
blueboxier
inntruderr61
ActionYankee
BAMComix
Rossini
Professor Gangrene Fan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Empty
PostSubject: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Rambo. It's based on Rambo.

Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" DSC_0048_zpstgrpanjh
(The white tee won't go over Jake's big head)

Took him out onto our overgrown patio for a couple of pics. This location won't be my main "outdoor" location.
Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" DSC_0050_zps38u86acl

Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" DSC_0051_zpsvvs1npvy

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Last edited by ActionYankee on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 7:08 pm

I'm really liking this kitbash AY, I'm also really really liking the outside pictures you've taken Very Happy.

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Oh it's not a kitbash, it's one of their "Officially" released uniform sets.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 3:33 pm

ActionYankee wrote:

could you put a nick in the t-shirt to make it fit

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 4:16 pm

blueboxier wrote:
ActionYankee wrote:

or remove his head and then put it back on after dressing him! My cots figure head comes of real easy Smile

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Great bash! bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Rambo is one of my favorite movies so really liking
this bash AY! cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 5:42 pm

Rossini wrote:
blueboxier wrote:
ActionYankee wrote:

or remove his head and then put it back on after dressing him! My cots figure head comes of real easy Smile

I agree with Ross. This is what I do for any tight fitting shirts or gear, or pullovers that may fit over, but are way awkward to get on. Plus we all know how fussy AM is about his hair. We don't want to risk damage to the flock.

cheers santa cheers
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 3:52 am

ACKIE88 wrote:
I'm really liking this kitbash AY, I'm also really really liking the outside pictures you've taken Very Happy.

ActionYankee wrote:

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great bash! bounce

inntruderr61 wrote:
this bash AY! cheers

It's not a bash. Wink

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIECU-C075

Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 9:04 am

Very nice John Rambo outfit...... put a another Head on with out a beard Wink Wink

awesome outfit......

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
ACKIE88 wrote:

ActionYankee wrote:

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great bash! bounce

inntruderr61 wrote:
this bash AY! cheers

It's not a bash. Wink

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIECU-C075

Ok not a bash... lol!

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Very nice John Rambo outfit...... put a another Head on with out a beard Wink Wink

awesome outfit......
it made me think of jacknife with bob de niro

Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 3:08 pm

blueboxier wrote:
Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:

awesome outfit......
it made me think of jacknife with bob de niro

yes I agree Deer Hunter

Wink Wink Wink

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:58 pm

Rambo with big machine guns, giving the enemy what for cheers

Nice kitmixing Ian, the flocking looks smashing, but isn't Rambo's knife a lot bigger? A MAM divers knife would be ideal, it's huge!

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 8:08 am

Never mind any shirt!
It always seems that in the movies the wardrobe budget never managed to afford a shirt for Rambo anyway!
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Nice Kitbash... just kidding... Razz

Some of the Cots Elite Brigade uniform sets are great looking... and yes why not pop the head off, or unhook it and replace it with a neck piece will you put the t-shirt on?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 4:15 am

Or if the T-shirt is always going to be covered by the jacket, just do the Ken-doll trick and split the shirt down the back and sew on some of that thin velcro?
Even a partial slit will allow the head to go though.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 4:49 am

LeStryge wrote:
Or if the T-shirt is always going to be covered by the jacket, just do the Ken-doll trick and split the shirt down the back and sew on some of that thin velcro?
Even a partial slit will allow the head to go though.

Why even bother with the velcro? You could split it and sew it back together when it is on the figure. You won't see it behind the outer collar and it would be a lot less bulky. Plus if you want to remove it just cut the stitching. You'd only need a few stitches anyway.

I remove a lot of snaps for the same reason -- too bulky. You can sew the garment together in lieu of the snap. Not hard to do and gives a lot cleaner, neater appearance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 6:07 am

gibri wrote:
Why even bother with the velcro? You could split it and sew it back together when it is on the figure. You won't see it behind the outer collar and it would be a lot less bulky. Plus if you want to remove it just cut the stitching. You'd only need a few stitches anyway.

I remove a lot of snaps for the same reason -- too bulky. You can sew the garment together in lieu of the snap. Not hard to do and gives a lot cleaner, neater appearance.
I certainly agree gibri, but if like me you are quite frequently changing outfits for various shoots, then the shirt will start to fray, and unpicking the stitches each time is not fun, or quick to do. (Even simple T-shirts are now getting damned expensive when you have to figure in the shipping.)
If on the other hand the figure is just for a static display then of course no one will see the stitching and it certainly will appear a lot neater than even those out-of-scale press-studs (snaps) so commonly encountered in 1/6 clothing.
I have more than a few MAMs sewn into their upper garments, but rather than the head, it's invariably those HUGE damn hands of his that won't fit through the sleeve openings of some very expensive items, resulting in me having to carefully unpick the lower seam and resew it up again.
Then it tends to become a "fixture".
Odd that he has such big hands, but tiny feet?
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 am

MAM as quick-change artist...interesting, good points!

Brings to mind a quote from Hedley Lamarr, "How did he do such great stunts with such little feet?"

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 2:01 am

gibri wrote:
MAM as quick-change artist...interesting, good points!

Brings to mind a quote from Hedley Lamarr, "How did he do such great stunts with such little feet?"

lol!  lol!

lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"   Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Elite Brigade Uniform: "The Vet"
Page 1 of 1