Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Action Soldier

PostSubject: It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Guys

I'm on a bit of a "play with what you have got " rather than just buy stuff at the moment .Embarassed

I've been following some of the MAM posts by Ackie and Clivvers so thought I'd better get the MAM Munrovians into gear Shocked

So here are  is The 2nd Battalion MAM  Missile Assault team.

Their mission is to hunt down any Dragonian Armour or LFV's that may be infiltrating the FOB .Alternatively they can be called in for some Bunker Busting.

They are kitted out with Vintage MAM , some VAM and their core kit is from the CHAD Valley figure currently on sale at ARGOS.The Flack vest is from the Special Forces Figures I got last spring.

I wanted them to have a  "modern' feel, but also not lose too much of the essential British feel of Action Man and the Munrovians.

I then dug out my one 30th figure and thought about an update on the Commando set - Do you think he started the MAM Muscle look ?

He has his original pants,  a Chad Vally jumper & boots, a MAM combat(?) vest . His M60 needs some attention. that and the ammo belt is VAM as is his watch cap. His belt rig is made up of some Dragon ALICE pouches with a bayonet and scabbard from special forces on a CHAD valley belt. His grenades are also Dragon.

He looks a bit John Wayne big leggy to me !! lol!

Finally for now 2 Dragon Hunters. 2nd Battalion MAM Long Range Scouts.These guys will appear in the MAM photo competition ...

I knew those MAM's could be useful one day  lol! Thanks for looking  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:58 pm

I'm just really really loving all your MAM kitbashes Gunner Munro Wink.

Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians   Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Very smart Steve! cheers

GERMAN STORMTROOPER

PostSubject: Re: It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians   Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:13 am

Nice MAM's Steve, I can see the appeal.

Funny thing (to me at least) of course back in the day we had G. I. Joe here in the US, you had Action Man(VAM) in the UK.

We've had redo's of Joe over the years, probably most notably the Classic Collection in the 90's. What I think is interesting is that at the same time we had Classic Collection Joes here in the 90's we also had MAM on the shelves here in the US. I remember looking at them in the stores. We bought one for a nephew for his b-day.

just an observation...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians   Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:54 am

HURRAY!!!!! This is what I like to see, MAM in the army and members finally accepting MAM more. I'm glad to see more members celebrating this brilliant chunky toy!

Good kitmixing Gunner, yes the Chad Valley military outfits are really nice and robust.. I remember landing at Argos to get the figures as soon as they appeared in the Argos catalogue. I wish Chad Valley would keep them coming with more uniforms and accessories, imagine the vehicles they could release, fire engines and rescue vehicles, plus not forgetting military gear too.

MAM is son of VAM, and an authentic Hasbro 1990's son  Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians   

Back to top Go down

It was Ackie and Clivvers wot made me do it...MAM Munrovians
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1