ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan

Go down 
+3
ActionYankee
ghost recon
BAMComix
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Well, Georgie came to me, with a dirty face. And not a lot of flocking.

This thread will be dedicated to rehabilitating him, restoring him to his former glory so he can take his place as the seventh, and final member of "The Magnificent Seven," as I have dubbed my Action Men.

First thing's first, his grubby face. 40 years of play dirt and grime look good on some VAM, not ole' Georgie.

Before:
Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan DSC_0032_zpsmfnbbldj

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan DSC_0033_zpsrz4xmguc

I mixed up some warm water, and some dish soap, and got my softest toothbrush, and had a go at his dirty face.

Outcome:
Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan DSC_0035_zpszzx5e0qq

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan DSC_0036_zpsglrjzezd

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan DSC_0034_zpsl8naxfqe

This is when you Brits say "Result!" Right?

Anyway, those blue spots are still there, and his hair is still sad. I'll be arranging a reflock soon.

I'm going to try zit cream/spot remover on those spots. Probably before I send him to Flock Concepts.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:23 am

A great clean up job Ian, he look so much better! I am not entirely sure the zit cream will work (might only work on ink stains) but I hope it does. If not maybe, a small paint job? He will look terrific once he has been to the reflockers, flock concepts do some amazing work! Looking forward to seeing how he progress's cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Very nice Ian, but sad to say too that I have tried just about everything to remove the blue spotting. It's a rubber mould that these are prone to from being kept under damp/poor conditions. It ingrains it's self within the rubber & will not budge......No matter what I have tried.
I either find a bash & paint the face, cover it ie SAS or sell the bugger as spares.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 8:10 pm

I once bought a product called remove - zit but never used it so I
sent to a friend of mine. He removed a couple blue mold stains on his Joe but
it took 7 weeks of trying he said... He put his in a hot attic...

Seems like a real pain to me though... lol!

http://www.twinpines.com/remove-zit

Directions:

Test first in a small area; then apply a thin coat of Remove-Zit with the flat end of a toothpick or a needle.
Keep away from painted and cosmetic features. Use a needle to apply Remove-Zit near cosmetic features like freckles.
Do not disturb for a day or so then lift off the spent Remove-Zit with a needle or the flat end of a toothpick. Re-apply as necessary.
Do not wash the area between applications. Remove-Zit is not water soluble; Formula 9-1-1 will remove it. Gently warming the stained area before application and keeping the doll in a warm place will help speed up the stain removing process.

Removing a stain may take as long as a month or even longer. The stain did not develop overnight and it usually does not come out overnight. Read, understand and follow the directions, and have patience.

A company called Twin Pines of Maine makes a group of specialized cleaners, usually marketed to Barbie collectors. The guy who runs it it a chemist who seems to have a good idea about what is and isn't possible to repair. Their web page is http://www.twinpines.com/. --

Last edited by inntruderr61 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Here is pics of a guy using the product (Remove-Zit)...
He removed his blue stain on his Joe like my friend did...

http://beachhead.tibranch.com/page8.html

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Just looked up Remove-Zit, holy cow it's expensive, and it's gone up in price since your friend used it for that how-to.

Anybody got any leftovers they can send me?

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:41 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
Just looked up Remove-Zit, holy cow it's expensive, and it's gone up in price since your friend used it for that how-to.

Check on the Trenches too... Someone might have some for you to try...???
I myself might buy some but probably won't be until next month or so
because I have two Joes with blue stains...
If I do buy it I'll send you some...

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:43 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
ActionYankee wrote:

That would be great, especially as we are living on the same continent. Very Happy

Did your friend say how long it took him for his stains?

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:53 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
ActionYankee wrote:

That would be great, especially as we are living on the same continent. Very Happy

Did your friend say how long it took him for his stains?

It took him 7 weeks to totally remove stains... multiple applications were involved...
He put the Joe up in his hot/warmer attic for a couple days each time...Not sure how many times per week he applied it though...
I'll talk to the maker of the product to see how often it can be applied..

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:12 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
It took him 7 weeks to totally remove stains...

7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation affraid affraid affraid Suspect Suspect affraid

Groan.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:30 am

ActionYankee wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
It took him 7 weeks to totally remove stains...

7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation affraid affraid affraid Suspect Suspect affraid

Groan.

I'm afraid so...lol

I'll let you know whether or not I get that product in the future AY.
My Joes blue stain is small and sort of looks like a bruise up by his
hairline so I'm not really to concerned about it...

I bought the Joe that way...The stain has never gotten any worse being here...
None of my childhood Joes have blue stains so it
must flourish in certain conditions...

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:25 am

inntruderr61 wrote:

They tell me that condition is damp.

Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 10:24 pm

I've got Georgie signed up for a meeting with Flock Concepts this week so he can get some new hair, with sideburns that a just long enough to cover the mold spot, but not long enough to be called sideburns.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:37 am

ActionYankee wrote:
I've got Georgie signed up for a meeting with Flock Concepts this week so he can get some new hair, with sideburns that a just long enough to cover the mold spot, but not long enough to be called sideburns.

Aweesome AY!

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 am

Got an Email from Flock Concepts the other day, Georgie's head will be done tomorrow.

He will be getting this flock mix, hair and no beard, and sideburns ever so slightly longer than they were, in order to cover the blue spot in front of his ear.

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Air%20Adventurer%20Sharpened_zps7qsax8wg

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 5:05 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:

They tell me that condition is damp.

Blue mould spots: I think it's something to do with tiny particles of metal from the moulding machine that get's molded into the vinyl, which over time contaminates it, then there's a chemical reaction or something. The blue spots can be blended out with artists paints, but will require a few wipe offs until it blends well...

A couple of my vam have small blue spots on their necks, and only appear more prominent in digital photos with bright light. How about raiding your wives makeup bags for that pink face powder some women like to use, my ex ladies were always using the stuff. Spot cream can take ages, but there is a article on one of the pro doll forums that I saw years ago that shows how to speed things up by using bake-foil and an ultra violet light (protection goggles must be worn at all times in a locked room).

If the blue mould spots are really bad, then the only way is to turn the face into a permanent camo face, I've seen some in the past that look great, at least it saves the figure.

clivvers @ Max Factor 10 2017.

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:54 am

I know a couple people that were successful removing those blue spots
but they spent a couple months applying remove zit stain remover
and used heat etc...
Most people claim nothing works though...lol

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 am

There is another way...for those who dare:

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan ACS-001%5B1%5D

cheers Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 12:34 am

Can't wait to see the Finished Product Ian! bounce
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Update from my reflocker:

Georgie is done, and on his way home!

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan 1970IS004_zpsyq6rehfz

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 2:34 am

Awesome! He looks great Ian! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 8:07 am

A fantastic reflock mate, great colour mix mate cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 9:44 am

bounce bounce Fantastic Flock Job! He Looks Great! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 pm

The eyebrows will need touching in now that the head has a new flock covering, it'll be well worth it Wink

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 5:31 pm

clivvers wrote:
The eyebrows will need touching in now that the head has a new flock covering, it'll be well worth it Wink

If you decide/need someone to touch up the Face Paint, I can do it for you. The First One is always Free. After that...we can work something out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan   Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitating Georgie Sheridan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next