ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2017 Interview - Rage

Go down 
+7
ghost recon
SlackElastic
inntruderr61
Beatlefan
Wolf_Soldier64
ActionYankee
Rogue-Trooper
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

March 2017 Interview - Rage  Empty
PostSubject: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Name: Jack Dwayne Arnold

Online Name: Rage

Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, U.S.A. ( small country town, kinda' like Mayberry Laughing )

First Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 Figure:
A Vintage Blonde P.H. GIjOE missing one foot, black shirt & pants, and a rubber raft. I don't remember if the Raft was orange or black. I remember playing out side, it had been raining quite a bit and the water was rushing down the ditch line. All of a sudden, this Joe and Raft came tumbling down the ditch! I looked back in the direction that he came from to see if there was another kid out there playing, and there was No One! I felt Compelled to Rescue him, so I snatched him up and carried him in.
For several days I wondered if some of the other kids were gonna' come around to look for him, but no one ever did. Do I still have him...no, but that's another story. Crying or Very sad

What was your Favorite Figure as a kid and do you Still Own him?:
My GIjOE AT Talking Commander. I have a Talking Commander (that Doesn't Talk), but it's not the one I use to have.

Favorite Figure now:
My Vintage GIjOE AT Life Like/Muscle Body Talking Commander.

March 2017 Interview - Rage  New_jo10
March 2017 Interview - Rage  New_jo12
March 2017 Interview - Rage  New_jo11
March 2017 Interview - Rage  New_jo13

Most Desired Item:
The GIjOE AT Capture Copter.

What will you do with your collection as you get older?
Add to it, Enjoy it, and Share with others.

What does your Wife/Girlfriend/Partner think of your Collection/Hobby?
She thinks it's Pretty Cool as long as I don't spend to much Money at one time. Laughing

Do you set yourself a Budget?
Let's just say I know what I Can Afford, and what I Can Not.

Worst Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 Figure:
scratch I don't really care for most of the Modern Action Man line.

Views on 40th. Reproductions:
I Really Like'em, but I have to be Cautious with them. Sometimes they tend to Break Very Easily.

Worst Item of the Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 range:
I would have to say the SkyHawk Fying Kite. I think they're cool, but Too Fragile for Play, and Too Big for Display.

Best thing about Collecting Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figures:
For me, it's an Escape from day to day Troubles and a way to stay in touch with a Simpler time.

Do you think your collection will be Collectible in the Future?
I Hope so, but if Not, I hope it's Still Valuable so whoever winds up with it can either Keep it or Sell it.

If you did Not collect Vam/Joe/Mam, what would you Collect?
The other things that I Also Collect Now. I Like Cars, HotWheels, MatchBox, Johnny Lightning, Building Plastic Model Kits (Cars, Monsters,ect.).

What Am/Joe Outfit or Set would you like to have seen Released?
Sorry, I'm just drawing a blank... No

Do you have a/ what is your Favorite Section of AMMO?
I'm still a New Recruit so I really don't have a Favorite Section yet, but i'm thinkin' it'll probably be the sections talking about GIjOE since that's what I mostly collect.

Why do you like AMMO?
It's the Most Friendly Action Figure site i've found. A Great and Knowlegable (sorry about the Mis-Spelling) group of people that Shares the same Passions that I do. It just feels like Home.

My First Joe purchase as an Adult:

March 2017 Interview - Rage  Pix_fo18
March 2017 Interview - Rage  Pix_fo19
March 2017 Interview - Rage  Pix_fo20
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Terrific interview Jack! I really enjoyed reading it Very Happy . So what happened to the Joe in the ditch????
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Yeah..I second that..Great interview Rage.

So come on...What did happen to the fella that you .....cough..... acquired ?? lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Pleased to meet you, Rage. Very Happy

I too am curious about what happened to your first Joe. bounce

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Superb Interview Jack I'm pleased to meet and know little more about you, I enjoyed reading it, cheers cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Great interview Jack!

I'm a big fan of Joe AT figures so love your choice of favourite figure!

cheers cheers

March 2017 Interview - Rage  Volgan10
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Another very interesting interview, I like the modern Joe line very much, the packaging is very attractive. That's a cool tale about finding a Joe floating down in the dinghy boat. You also make model kits, that's good, same here, I've made a few 1:72 scale planes that I display in my cabinet.

Well done with the interview  cheers

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 12:16 am

Great interview Rage! cheers cheers cheers

Mayberry... lol!

Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 2:29 am

Glad you enjoy being here... thanks for sharing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am

Great feedback pleasure to read.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 am

I really enjoyed reading your Interview Rage Very Happy. I'm really really liking your first Joe purchase as an Adult the adventures gi joe challenge at hawk river.

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks guy's for All the Wonderful Feed Back! bounce And Really Glad Everyone Enjoyed it. Cool I didn't mean to leave everybody Hangin' about my First Footless Friend, but I didn't want to Spoil The Vibe. What happened to him is the same thing that happened to All of my childhood toys....they got Left Behind. Sad You see, my dad was an abusive alcoholic beyond belief. He use to Drink Up All the money in the house that he could find, that Included the Rent Money. My Mom worked Factory Jobs as long as I remember, dad worked Odd Jobs when he was Able and we moved around Alot. I remember Several times being awaken in the middle of the night and Mom saying, "C'mon baby get up and get some clothes on and get your school stuff together, we've got to leave. Grab whatever you can carry." We would all load up and go to one of my Granny's until we could find another place to rent and start all over again. I just Hope that whoever found my toys took care of them and Loved them as I did. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Damn Rage.....That is a terribly sad story. I can see why you held off telling us.  Crying or Very sad

Chris
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 am

That is a very sad story Rage, but..... 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Interesting interview I enjoyed reading it .

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 3:34 am

Thanks guy's, but as soon as I get my "Joe Room" in order, you'll see i've More than Made Up for My Losses! bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 9:35 am

yeah, that's really sad mate Sad .

Looking forward to seeing your collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 am

Sad indeed, alcohol abuse destroys lives and families Sad

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2017 Interview - Rage    March 2017 Interview - Rage  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 2017 Interview - Rage
Page 1 of 1