ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SAS M16 Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

SAS M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: SAS M16 Question   SAS M16 Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 6:42 pm

The M16's that are issued with the SAS sets, and other later sets, presumably, have vertical slots on the triangular hand guard. Does anyone know why?

All the research I've done says they shouldn't be like that in real life, unless there's an international variation that I don't know about. Wink

I'm going to assume that it was a cost-cutting move by Palitoy, as the first issue M16 (that doesn't have those vertical slots) has a triangular hand guard that looks to be molded in two pieces, then attached onto the main body of the M16. This theory of mine is reinforced by the number of M16s I see with no hand guard, just a barrel. Every M16 with vertical slots I've seen seems to be molded as one piece, which leads me to assume that for one reason or another, Palitoy was unable to do that without those vertical slots.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Or perhaps point me to a real life one?

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

SAS M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAS M16 Question   SAS M16 Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 pm

The M16 only comes with certain issues mate. The standard weapon is the H&K bounce
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

SAS M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAS M16 Question   SAS M16 Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 pm

I know the figures were issued an HK MP5, and I know that the SAS Para Attack had the Slotted M16, but it had to be released in more than just one set, right?

Joe90 says it's referred to as a "Carbine," and could be the M16A2 (which has a round hand guard).

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Sponsored content

SAS M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAS M16 Question   SAS M16 Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAS M16 Question
Page 1 of 1