Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Empty
PostSubject: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Here they are

One was bought as blue but looks black in the photo i have got two more jackets which i thought were black but in fact they are a very dark blue when viewed in the daylight (outside)

So anyone that has a black Tank commander jacket please view it in the daylight and let me know if it is black or A VERY DARK BLUE

Many Thanks

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) IMG_1545

Now for two that i have never seen the seller thought this green one was maybe a Geyperman release so any infor would be greatly appreciated

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) IMG_1544

Finally this one is a brown version much darker than the normal one we see its almost conker colour maybe a shade darker ??

again any info would be great

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) IMG_1547
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Eagle Eyes
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm

No info from me, I'm afraid - but, they all look absolutely terrific! Very nice indeed! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:05 pm

No info from me either but just the comment that with so much variation collecting Tank Commanders could be a hobby all by itself!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 pm

As far as I know, the second one, the green one, should be a Tommy Action jacket.
I do mean Tommy Action and not Tommy Gunn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

I have the blue/black one Dan - its a little faded but looks blue under natural and hpuse light - not sure if this helps you!

Cheers

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Its certainly interesting paul i was always under the impression that the blue one was rare and the black being common but the black one i thought i had turned out to be blue as did the spare one in the shed so im wondering if they are all a very dark blue and just get lighter with age and black dosnt really exist ?????
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Didier wrote:
As far as I know, the second one, the green one, should be a Tommy Action jacket.
I do mean Tommy Action and not Tommy Gunn.

I have never heard of Tommy Action Dids and cant find anything image wise or history wise on the nest or ebay ????

Have you any example pictures of this jacket or any other "Tommy Action" outfits ?????

Its exactly the same as the Action Man issued jackets just a different colour
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

cant say Dan really

this is mine which i won from Ade

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-acton-man-Tank-commander-figure-/150945512569?nma=true&si=S4UGpXKEEmgiFCiCmG86Pq8Y7bw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

never heard of the black before - has Vaughan ever turned one up?
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:28 pm

nice figure Paul, well done mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:36 pm

actionman2272 wrote:

Cheers Dal

really wanted to get one of Ade's figures when he decided to sell his non PH collection off - sad really but at least i know i have a figure with some good provenance
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

a great addition to be sure mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

akumulator wrote:
actionman2272 wrote:

Cheers Dal

really wanted to get one of Ade's figures when he decided to sell his non PH collection off - sad really but at least i know i have a figure with some good provenance

That is sad news Paul Sad

I would love Ade to return to AMMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Danthecoat wrote:
akumulator wrote:
actionman2272 wrote:

Cheers Dal

Agreed Dan - not many match Ade's Passion for VAM - it was mainly him & Dal who dragged me kicking and screaming into this obsession!!

have tried a few times to get him back but he seems determined to stick with his decision - and I have to respect that
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 pm

he may change his mind in time Paul, you never say never Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:48 pm

akumulator wrote:
Danthecoat wrote:
akumulator wrote:
actionman2272 wrote:

Cheers Dal

Agreed Dan - not many match Ade's Passion for VAM - it was mainly him & Dal who dragged me kicking and screaming into this obsession!!

have tried a few times to get him back but he seems determined to stick with his decision - and I have to respect that

I can see why it would be difficult for him to return Paul and we all have to respect that but as long as he knows he may be gone but certainly not forgotten Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Dan

Your top photo the dark blue one is from the Internationals card
the second green one is not Action Man
the bottom dark brown is a Front Liners varient
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Did you know that all the black ones are actually blue Dan ????

An internationals Variant eh ??? Ive never seen this one is there any reference pictures to it ????

As for the green one do you have any idea who made this and for whom it was made ????

I have another one with a blue cloth para beret have you seen that one before ?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 pm

The blue cloth beret is shown on a tank commander in one of the 1970s equipment manuals, I've not see it on a card though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Danthecoat wrote:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Did you know that all the black ones are actually blue Dan ????

An internationals Variant eh ??? Ive never seen this one is there any reference pictures to it ????

The Action Man ones are very dark blue and just the standard Internationals release not a variant.

There is a Knock off tank jacket that is supposed to be black (Though I've not seen it up close so can't say for sure)
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:16 am

LOL I think we are getting confused and my grammer is awful

The Internationals was a Dark Blue Jacket

The Green one is knock off yes ??? If so any idea where it comes from ?????

The blue beret is an Action Team release Smile

The brown conker coloured one is the one im not sure of as i have never seen another like it ??????????

Thanks for all your help Dan Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Danthecoat wrote:

The brown conker coloured one is the one im not sure of as i have never seen another like it ??????????

That's a Front Liner variant, I've seen a carded example
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:02 pm

vam80 wrote:
Danthecoat wrote:

Funny ive never seen anyone with it in their colletion either carded or uncarded ???????

Must have been a very short run ???

Do you know of anyone else that has or had one ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:14 pm

I have at least one loose example and I've seen a few others at sales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Danthecoat wrote:
vam80 wrote:
Danthecoat wrote:

Funny ive never seen anyone with it in their colletion either carded or uncarded ???????

Must have been a very short run ???

Do you know of anyone else that has or had one ??

Check my Flickr album...I have the Internationals version dressed on a doll...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/talkingcommander/7980301309/ Am not sure why this forum isn't allowing me to post the actual pic here...tried many times.

VAM80 has it spot on. The jacket is a very dark blue. I guess some people just notice it all of a sudden depending on the light when they look at them again.

The 1974 catalogue image of the Tank Commander with blue cloth beret is just the prototype mocked up for the marketing dept photos that were then used in catalogues given with the boxed dolls etc. I expect Palitoy had decided to use the black rubber molded beret with Tank Corps badge as it was more logical given the Basic Soldiers now had those too, and the outfit was for a 'Tank Commander'.

The full outfit of black rubber beret with Tank Corps badge, headphones, web belt, holster, Colt 45 pistol, green fatigues, short black boots, black binoculars on later type rubbery neck strap came with the medium brown fur collared jacket or the lighter tan / greyish tan (how I describe the colour) fur collared jacket which has two poppers near the neck and one near the waist.

In 1975 onward catalogues you can see photos for this outfit featuring a doll in the lighter tan / greyish tan version of the jacket I've described so I guess you could obtain it with either colour jacket.

The zip up lighter tan / greyish tan zip up version came solely on Equipment Centre cards. Its like the original 1964 G.I.JOE and 1966 Action Man Tank Commander set jacket but missing the buckle and 'faux leather effect belt' around the neck area of the jacket, the faux slanted pockets as sewn on the original and the fur cuffs.

The Internationals version was the black Tank Corps beret, green thin cotton fatigues, thinner plastic smaller style short black boots (like with the Afrika Korps outfit, Panzer Captain, Royal Engineers, Last British Issue Paratrooper) VAM80s said the jacket was dark blue / black correctly; it had a creamy white fur collar made in the same fashion as the Palitoy 1974 onward full outfit Tank Commander outfit set with no zipper but 3 poppers.

The 'conker brown' one is a thinner vinyl plastic, with fur collar and again, 3 poppers. Its the Internationals version accompanied with Tank Corps beret, fatigues and boots only.

The darkish green version with fur collar and 3 poppers is indeed a 'knock off' Tommy Action version.

The actual black Tank Commanders jacket is again a knock off. It has a cream fur collar AND cream fur cuffs. It has a zipper down the front and is made of a cheaper vinyl material

A quick 'Google' with the words: 'Action Man Tank Commander' using the images search will lead anyone to see pics of all these things - VAME has pics of the knock off actual black jacket on a doll and theres carded pics of the Internationals version etc.

My head hurts now.... elephant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 pm

You missed the Tank Commander that came with the Landing Signal style headphones. These are often incorrectly put with the late issue white Medic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Identity Requests-
Jump to: