Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:38 pm

vam80 wrote:
You missed the Tank Commander that came with the Landing Signal style headphones. These are often incorrectly put with the late issue white Medic.

Vam80, have you got a photo of that one on card or dressed doll? I've never heard of such a variant before, when was it issued and what with? Curious now. Thanks.

The only set I know that came with those headphones was the Geyperman Tank Regiment doll in the blue boiler suit based on Spains Tank Corp...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Thinking about Vam's comment, I don't think the Landing Signal Officer style headphones ever came issued with a Palitoy Tank Commander set. Unless anyones got it carded in a pic mint then I'm a disbeliever.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:49 am

Ive never seen the LSO headphones with a Tank Commander Dan ???

I also had a carded medic and that had the Headphones inside but they were not by accident they were supposed to be in there Smile

That was an Action Team release. Are you refering to foriegn issued Tank Commanders??

Its the UK sets that dont have them in (Small cards)

The blue cloth Beret isnt a prototype Stan its an Action Team release Smile

That knock off black Jacket is also dark Blue you will find Stan Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Do you mean the Emergency cards Medic? I know about that set. 

Also, the blue beret pic IS a Palitoy prototype as it was mocked up for the Palitoy Marketing Dept photos for the trade catalogues and then reused for the customer catalogues packed with boxed sets / dolls. 

However, Shildkrot did use the blue beret as part of their version of the Tank Commander but as Palitoy never released a blue cloth beret Tank Commander, ergo its a prototype image, usually such photos were mocked up a full year before actual release of product.

The only set I know that has the LSO headphones for a Tank Commander was the Geyperman boxed figure set based on their actual Spanish Army Tank Corps, the one with the blue plain jumpsuit, black beret, red scarf, black plastic belt, binoculars, short Geyperman style boots and of course, those troublesome headphones....
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:00 pm

The blue beret was used exclusively by the Action Team release. Quite often the manuals included bits that were only in the discussion stage and therefore sometimes dropped from release.

When talking to overseas members of different forums (i.e german and french) i am led to believe that the release of the Tank Commander with the blue beret was before the uk manual therefore its not a prototype Stan just an overseas issued colour that was dropped from the UK release.

The LSO headphones were used on a couple of Geyperman releases the version you are talking about and this one...........................

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 702810

I would say that anything used in a manual then released anywhere would not constitute a prototype. I had the same thing with my red cover on my space radio its shown in the manual but was only released for a very short time therefore its NOT a prototype even though the argument rages as to when and how it was released Smile
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 pm

That is an awesome Figure Dan, is he yours ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Danthecoat wrote:
The blue beret was used exclusively by the Action Team release. Quite often the manuals included bits that were only in the discussion stage and therefore sometimes dropped from release.

When talking to overseas members of different forums (i.e german and french) i am led to believe that the release of the Tank Commander with the blue beret was before the uk manual therefore its not a prototype Stan just an overseas issued colour that was dropped from the UK release.

The LSO headphones were used on a couple of Geyperman releases the version you are talking about and this one...........................

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 702810

I would say that anything used in a manual then released anywhere would not constitute a prototype. I had the same thing with my red cover on my space radio its shown in the manual but was only released for a very short time therefore its NOT a prototype even though the argument rages as to when and how it was released Smile

Smile No, I still say its a 'Palitoy prototype' because even if they used an existing Shildkrot Tank Commander model with blue beret and then released one with a black rubber beret its still a prototype because it was subject to changes prior to release on the UK markets. 

I am also sure the Tank Commander, with blue beret for the German Action Team line and the UK Action Man line with black rubber beret and Tank Corps badge came out in 1974 in tandem. In that catalogue it says the trailer (or mobile radio HQ) would be released in 1975, meaning that catalogues images were done around 1973, a year early as per usual Toy Fairs showcased new toys a full year before to buyers in the industry and so the catalogue to be packed in with toys would be ready for distribution.

Shildkrot began releasing Action Team items under licence from Hasbro in 1975 therefore the blue beret image in the 1974 Palitoy catalogue IS a prototype but one that led the German and French licencees to uilise the blue cloth beret look for their iteration of a Tank Commander whilst Palitoy decided to use their black rubber Tank Corps beret. 

If you look at outfits on figures when they are first showcased in new yearly catalogues as 'new' items they are prototypes with many differences. For example, the later poster catalogue has the 'new' Royal Engineers and British Infantry Major outfits and these seem to be made from the same fabrics used on later issue felt type British Infantry uniforms, they don't have proper elasticated ankles to the trousers and these overlap the boots. In the previous poster catalogue, the image showing a group shot of Internationals outfits clearly are prototypes - the DAK outfit cap and jacket and its pockets are far more different than the actual release. Then theres the German Paratrooper in that shot - his helmet seems far more in scale, realistic and darker in colour. Ergo, prototypes. 

As for German and other foreign licencees that decided to use more of the Hasbro G.I.JOE Adventure Team range, many items in their catalogues, again produced a full year (and photographed) in advance of releasing items displayed are 100% Adventure Team versions, barring their own designs like the AT Jager (hunter outfit etc) as its more than likely they hadn't begun production or were just producing items based on tooling received and templates being sent onto them to re-create said outfits for their ranges, but with some changes i.e. the Jungle Survival outfit shows a zip on the jacket in one photo, like the US version but the German AT actual release has poppers. 
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:36 am

Very Happy Ok Stan we are just going to disagree on this one. I only see prototypes as unreleased items or itens that were altered before release for example the elasticated trousers zips that became poppers etc......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

I do have a photo of a carded tank commander with the landing signal headphones. it's a Kit Locker Card released sometime after 1977. It has a specially moulded blister so it's not just had the headphones swapped over, it was an intended release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Dan when you say you've had a Medic with the headphones on the card do you mean a Palitoy one (if so please can you send me a photo) or do you mean and Action Team/Joe one which I know were released like that.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:47 am

Mine was an Action Team release Dan, You are correct in saying that the UK release was never issued with Headphones Smile

Id love to see that Carded Tank Commander with the LSO headphones Dan bounce

Can you post a pictures please Smile
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:48 am

Mine was an Action Team release Dan, You are correct in saying that the UK release was never issued with Headphones Smile

Id love to see that Carded Tank Commander with the LSO headphones Dan bounce

Can you post a pictures please Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:03 pm

What's the easiest way to post a picture? can you do it without setting up an account with another site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:12 pm

I've just found the photo, I was wrong about the blister pack it's the same as the normal one but they are definitely the LSO headphones.  I've seen more than one of these cards too.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:54 pm

danthecoat@hotmail

send me the pic Dan and ill post it up for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Ddaydawson
Flock Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:29 pm

You've got to love this Action Man collecting. All the what's, when's, where's and if's and maybe's. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)   ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANY INFO ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Identity Requests-
Jump to: