Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The little things that annoy you about Action Man.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Empty
PostSubject: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:46 am

Here is were you can tell us the little things that annoy you about Action Man.

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:47 am

The little things that annoy me about Mam for me are soft shoe soles because when a Mam is wearing soft shoe soles it's really hard to keep him from standing still for a photo because he's mostly falling over and I think one of the reasons is the soft shoe soles don't have enuf grip. Another one is nearly every Mam vehicle or Mam gun with rocket launcher has a DIFFERENT MISSILE each time and that really annoys me because if you loos even one missile from a set of say three the same you've had it because you won't find another two missile the same or if you want to add missiles from your vehicle or set of the same missiles from that vehicle or set you can't find exactly the same missile that matches from that vehicle or set. Another two more things that annoy me about Mam are stift armd Mam figures. I want my Action Man to be able to move all his bodie jaunts, I find the figures that Tesco returned to the shelves back in 2009 they head sculptures made Action Man look to young for my liking.

peterodgers
Medic
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:16 am

Moulded clothes!!! If you can produce a nude figure with cloth outfits it offers much more scope to the figure. If you have say a diver with moulded clothes and air tanks permanently attached to his back, that's all he'll ever be - a diver. A nude figure with a choice of outfits could be a different thing every day.

I hate the fact that the 90's re-release had bodies nothing like the 60's original. They look like they've been on steroids or something. I'm sure they could have made them more similar in size to the originals so they could have used the same clothes and equipment. They could have used the GI Joe Classic Collection body - if the 60's AM was almost a direct copy of the 60'2 GI Joe, why not do it again in the 90's?

The fact they stopped production in 1984 and no one thought to buy the rights to keep the figure going.

I agree with Alex about the missiles and lack of joints. To me, an action figure should be able to be posed to make it look like they're doing something. I hate all the stiff figures with no knees or elbows!! I was going to collect the new Hasbro Star Wars figures until I saw them. Stormtroopers do not hold a blaster rifle with a straight arm in the movies!!!

OK, rant over. I need a lie down.

Rogue-Trooper
Landing Signal Officer
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:40 am

Everything that you guys have already said.

Plus....

VAM
Hard hands..... absolutely useless for holding anything properly.

MAM
Stupid garish colours on ...well..just about everything.  Although I do enjoy painting them more realistic colours.
Banana hands with no separate trigger finger.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.....

THEY BOUGHT ME A BOX OF TIN SOLDIERS
I THREW ALL THE GENERALS AWAY
I SMASHED UP THE SERGEANTS AND MAJORS
NOW I PLAY WITH MY PRIVATES ALL DAY.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 7:19 pm

I have taken the choice of removing a couple of posts from this thread, The point here of Al's topic is what is our own person gripes with the figure we all love Very Happy , and we must respect each other opinions and NOT try to correct others opinions, Thanks guys, and as Ade say's, Play Nicely cheers

Admin Team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
NAVY FROGMAN
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 10:35 am

? That escalated lol!

Sincere apologies if my post was what caused the breeze to change direction. Sorry Alex.

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 11:57 am

ghost recon wrote:
? That escalated lol!

Sincere apologies if my post was what caused the breeze to change direction. Sorry Alex.

No worries Ade, just thought it for the best, so the point of Al's topic could get back on track Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueboxier
Deep Sea Diver
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:49 pm

defo moulded on clothes and gear

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 pm

ghost recon wrote:
? That escalated lol!

It's alright ghost recon Very Happy.

Rage
Action Soldier
Rage

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't have any A.M. in my Collection, Yet, but the things that tend to Annoy me about them is the Over-Sized Hands of some of the M.A.M., the Startalled Look of Some of the E.E. figures and the Molded Outfits. Just my opinion. Cool

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 11:59 am

The little things that are a pain of No Face, I think the bandages work well on him but they are hard to fit on head. His Action Man mask doesn't look all that much like Action Man's face. I really really like his grey and purple scarred face and chest, I just wish that they cared on the grey and purple scarred look throughout the rest of his body like his hands, his legs and feet, unlike his black gloves, black trousers and gray shoes, these parts are poorly designed.

clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Little things that annoy me about vam, there's not enought different head sculpts like there is with MAM, MAM has many different cool characters to choose from. A lot of vam equipment was very fragile back in the day, some items (not all) used to break easily and folks try to sell them on ebay, that's annoying Mad  

MAM's hand sizes are perfectly proportionate to the rest of MAM's muscle body, I won't go into my long sermon about how good MAM really is. One big annoying thing about some sellers on ebay, they are bumping up higher prices for vam and MAM lately, they should keep the prices balanced and affordable, shame on them Evil or Very Mad

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o

Last edited by clivvers on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 4:59 pm

The rising prices on ebay! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
The rising prices on ebay! lol! lol! lol!

It's a joke on there Dal lol!

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 11:06 am

The little thing that annoys me is the eye patch on the early Dr.Xs because they can sometimes slip off, their hard to put back on and they can snap.

Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 am

I really like my small collection of MAM. What really kills me however is the lack of articulation on many of the figures on the arms or at waist level. To that end, I've modded a few very inarticulate MAM by transplanting heads onto Chad Valley bods using glue and internal piping - big difference !!

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 20171117_203601

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 20171118_171728

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 20171118_171542

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 20171118_171924

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 20171118_172047

I've since re-flocked my Duke figure too..Homemade job but it's better than he was.

The little things that annoy you about Action Man. 20171130_102037

Kev.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Medic
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 2:48 pm

That's cool Dreadnought. I've got a set of those Chad Valley figures and the articulation is better than MAM but the hands on mine seem very hard. MAM hands are the same shape and size, but more pliable. Wonder if you can swap the hands over as well?

Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Thanks pete. Very Happy Yup a hand swap is very easy.
I like most, heat 'em up for removal and refit. I gotta do these two Chad bod-modded figures for hands still.
Be sure with the Chad figures and indeed the MAM bodies to ensure that it is the forearm that gets heated up and softened rather than the hand, as this will allow for easy removal of those nasty hard Chad hands properly by the retaining ball joint they are fitted with - they are useless.
You'll notice from the pics, my Chad mod 'Duke' figure is stripped of these and waiting for a decent set of mitts. Very Happy
You could use a pair of softer MAM hands to replace
or better still a pair of 40th grippers are the biz for functionality.
You may need to drill the forearm slightly to widen / lengthen it for these or any replacement
that you plump for.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 7:07 pm

clivvers wrote:

Not bad customs, they look good...

I predicted the rise of MAM years ago, it's nice to know that MAM is now accepted with a few other AMMO members, it's a great toy that deserves more exposure amongst the hardcore vamsters, it gets their gander up Twisted Evil  oh by the way I'm also a vamster but sadly not hardcore anymore, I stopped collecting them about 2 years ago. As for posing MAM I've not really had any problems, I used to spend hours putting them through some good poses and MAM gets my full approval in the catwalk pose stakes... The best person for posing MAM in fab action poses is an old forum member called brownboots (Paul), but sadly he's been away for a long time. The only thing I don't like about MAM are some of the range of figures that can't have their heads tilted back into a snipers position like EE vam..

clivvers@ Love Your MAM 2018.

Thanks for the nice feedback. Very Happy  I think MAM has a lot more collectible value than many of the hardcore VAMsters actually notice.
They are eminently modifiable and look great in vintage kit too. Why they get so aerated about it beats me.  
I remember brownboots as  kitbasher and modifier par excellence. I became acquainted with his projects over on AMHQ.
He's been pretty ill the past while I believe?

Kev.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Awesome dreadnought! cheers

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 10:45 am

Come on guys let’s hear more of the little things that annoy you about Action Man, Joe, 1/6 scale or any other figures.

Jet-
Breeches Buoy
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 5:06 pm

Why do the uniforms and figures you like best always cost the most to buy ?
Also when you spot something on eBay in a job lot that you think no one else has seen, then the last 10 seconds of bidding it goes mental and way over your budget Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro
Crash Crew
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 pm

..or you've just found a great set of Uni's to Milatrise MAM and you can't get them over MAM's fat hands.....Oh well back to the drawing board....

I'm also with Kev - Barbie legs and no waist/neck articulation Rolling Eyes

On VAM its mainly sitting and kneeling poses .... and whats happened to the e-bay prices ?? Shocked I read some where over 58 million were made lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Mam hands? very hot water (not boiling) they will pop straight out, repeat to put back, job done cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Mam hands? very hot water (not boiling) they will pop straight out, repeat to put back, job done cheers

Thanks for the tip Dal Wink.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The little things that annoy you about Action Man.   The little things that annoy you about Action Man. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The little things that annoy you about Action Man.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next