ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands Empty
PostSubject: Replacing Timeless Joe Hands   Replacing Timeless Joe Hands Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 pm

A few of you may have seen my Timeless MOA Condition study. The most blazing part of it was his hands.

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0045_zpsdedcnegx

I got some HobbyCrash Geyper hands from Cotswold, and a few other bits. Very Happy

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0056_zpsn9jhtz0t

Let's compare:

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0057_zpsassgzy4z

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0058_zpst6yyhhvb

Pretty good, minor differences, but they look like they'll fit very well. Now, on to the operation.

Initially, the plan was to replace the hands and the pegs, but I soon discovered that the pegs don't come out.

Undeterred, I decided to get the hands off (which were held on by a rivet), so I warmed them up, and prized them over the mushroomed ends of the rivets.

Then I used pliers, and smashed the living daylights out of one of the rivet ends, so I could pull them straight through the holes.

I lucked out, the Geyper hands fit right on the pegs, but as of right now, I have no means of making them more permanent.

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0059_zpsi5qaaqzi

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0060_zpsovlg6mej

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0061_zpsc2illm4d

See how they just rest on the pegs at the moment.

\/ Old hands and smashed rivets. \/

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0062_zps3aril12r

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands DSC_0063_zpskcebrl8s

Decked out, with his new medals. The Silver Star, for 12 or 13 years of active duty, and The Purple Heart, awarded for his hand injuries, sustained in the line of play.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Last edited by ActionYankee on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Timeless Joe Hands   Replacing Timeless Joe Hands Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 9:00 am

Shocked WOW! That sounds like a Heck Of A Job on those Hands A.Y.! But the finished Joe Looks Amazing! bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Timeless Joe Hands   Replacing Timeless Joe Hands Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 9:46 am

Great work! cheers
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Timeless Joe Hands   Replacing Timeless Joe Hands Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:07 am

Fixed. Very Happy

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Timeless Joe Hands   Replacing Timeless Joe Hands Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 11:55 am

The first issued Action Man grippers had the same problem with fingers breaking off, so Palitoy issued version 2 on later releases of Action man, I think they made the fingers slightly thicker and strengthened the rubber/vinyl more. Nice guide Cool

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Timeless Joe Hands   Replacing Timeless Joe Hands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacing Timeless Joe Hands
Page 1 of 1