Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Bela Lugosi's DRACULA!

All Hand Painted, added Felt to the Cape, Fake Moss to the Base, and Glow In The Dark paint for the Eye's! "BLUAH!!-BLUAH!!" lol!

CREATURE From The BLACK LAGOON!

HERMAN MUNSTER!

Last edited by Rage on Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Nice work there, very good painting too, it looks like one of the classic kits reissued?

I'm a kit builder too! I was building kits up until I got back into Action Man again, I've managed to build 10 planes so far.. I used to collect kits so I have plenty to build in the future. Some class model kits as a good investment for the family (inheritors), me, I like to slap glue and paint on some of them and hang them from my ceiling.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Rogue-Trooper
Ski Patrol

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

First class work sir. I absolutely love the Herman figure.  But they all look fantastic.....the wet look on the creature from the black lagoon is amazing.

THEY BOUGHT ME A BOX OF TIN SOLDIERS
I THREW ALL THE GENERALS AWAY
I SMASHED UP THE SARGENTS AND MAJORS
NOW I PLAY WITH MY PRIVATES ALL DAY.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 8:56 pm

clivvers wrote:
Nice work there, very good painting too, it looks like one of the classic kits reissued?

I'm a kit builder too! I was building kits up until I got back into Action Man again, I've managed to build 10 planes so far.. I used to collect kits so I have plenty to build in the future. Some class model kits as a good investment for the family (inheritors), me, I like to slap glue and paint on some of them and hang them from my ceiling.

THANKS! CLIVVERS! Yea the Creature is a Re-Issue, it's one of my Passions that let's me Escape. I Really Enjoy it. I don't have any Military Kits yet, but in time I Definitly Will! I'd Like to see some of Yours As Well! Feel Free to Post To This Thread if Ya Like! bounce bounce

Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 9:02 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
First class work sir. I absolutely love the Herman figure.  But they all look fantastic.....the wet look on the creature from the black lagoon is amazing.

bounce THANKS! R-T! I was Quite Pleased with how the Creature Turned Out, I put Alot Of Time into that little kit. For the Wet Look, I put Several Coats of Clear Gloss Coat on it. I've got a couple more Monsters that I need to take New Pix of and some Pretty Cool Vehicles as well. Very Happy If you Look Closely you can catch a Glimps of some of my other kits in the Backgraound of These Pictures. Wink

Rogue-Trooper
Ski Patrol

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Many many years ago i made a kit called The Forgotten Prisoner.... basically a skeleton in rags chained to a wall. Have you got that one ??

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Many many years ago i made a kit called The Forgotten Prisoner.... basically a skeleton in rags chained to a wall. Have you got that one ??

No!, But it's On My Wish List! bounce I helped my older Brother do one when I was a kid, I LOVE That One! bounce

Rogue-Trooper
Ski Patrol

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Rage wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

No!, But it's On My Wish List! bounce I helped my older Brother do one when I was a kid, I LOVE That One! bounce

Oh wow...they still make it ?? I would love to make it again....my dad helped me when I was a kid. So it would be a tribute to him..and it would have been his birthday today too...spooky.

Right I'm off to search the web for that figure.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Tue May 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Rage,

Whilst I typed my post earlier you loaded up some more images, they all look brilliant, excellent painting! The round oval that surrounds the logo Moebius looks like an Aurora logo, I think it is..  

I'll muster/Munster together some of my aircraft builds later tonight (photos), they are all on my black box data recorder. I'll be back...

Back to top Go down
Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Rage wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

Oh wow...they still make it ?? I would love to make it again....my dad helped me when I was a kid. So it would be a tribute to him..and it would have been his birthday today too...spooky.

Right I'm off to search the web for that figure.

I see'em on ebay from time to time. There Should Be some Re-Issues floating around somewhere. Good Luck! Very Happy

Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 1:21 am

clivvers wrote:
Rage,

Whilst I typed my post earlier you loaded up some more images, they all look brilliant, excellent painting! The round oval that surrounds the logo Moebius looks like an Aurora logo, I think it is..  

I'll muster/Munster together some of my aircraft builds later tonight (photos), they are all on my black box data recorder. I'll be back...

Thank You SO Much for Your Kind Comments Clivvers, I Really Like to Share My Treasures with those that Can Appreciate them. Can't Wait to Check Out Your Planes! bounce  I built a few of those to when I was a kid, but I don't have any now. Rolling Eyes Yea, I also thought the Mobius emblem looked Alot like the Vintage Aurora Logo. Hhhmm, Great Minds Think Alike! Laughing

clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 8:41 am

Built straight out of the box, no filler, 1:72 scale. I think I built this kit back in the late 1990's/early 2000, the date stamp is when I edited the photos:

After seeing and hearing the screams of Mustangs diving in for a kill at a Biggin Hill airshow (UK) I just had to build a kit. More kit builds to come later today..

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 9:55 am

Wow Jack, those are really cool!, Herman is terrific! bounce

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Rage wrote:
clivvers wrote:

THANKS! CLIVVERS! Yea the Creature is a Re-Issue, it's one of my Passions that let's me Escape. I Really Enjoy it. I don't have any Military Kits yet, but in time I Definitly Will! I'd Like to see some of Yours As Well! Feel Free to Post To This Thread if Ya Like! bounce bounce

Thanks for inviting me to come into your airspace Rage, well here they are, I'm not a pro kit builder, I did it for enjoyment and to take my mind off worries, hopefully I have improved these days with some pro artist brushes  Embarassed :

I'm really into 1:32 scale slot cars, so I painted these up for my grandstands, I have loads more to do. They are 1:32 scale Airfix figures:

Last edited by clivvers on Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
Crash Crew

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Nice painting Clive they look brilliant, i never had much luck painting model planes. The figures are very nicely painted to, great upload. Rage , your kits look brilliant and very well painted, clever stuff  cheers cheers cheers

”As children we form a bond with our toys and a residue of that feeling remains. We give them life and in return they give us joy and forgetfulness.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Wow Jack, those are really cool!, Herman is terrific! bounce

Very Happy Thank You Dal! I Love The Responses that i've received from everyone in this thread, it makes all the Long Hours I spent working on them All The More Worth It! Wink

Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Shocked WOW! CLIVVERS!, Those Planes Look GREAT!! Looks Like Pro Work to Me my Friend! bounce I Love the Grand Stand too, Fantastic Detailing! bounce

Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Reddragon wrote:
Nice painting Clive they look brilliant, i never had much luck painting model planes. The figures are very nicely painted to, great upload. Rage , your kits look brilliant and very well painted, clever stuff  cheers cheers cheers
Very Happy Thanks Reddragon! Glad You Like Them! bounce

Beatlefan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Amazing pics guys! Some great work there, I haven't built any model kits for years - I used to love building and painting Airfix kits.

Great uploads and thread!! cheers cheers cheers

gibri
GERMAN STORMTROOPER

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 am

Great work Jack and Clive!!!

I'm an old model builder from way back. I tended to do more military aircraft than other kits, but I haven't built any for a long time. Did build a new one a few years ago -- 1/48th scale Revell/Monogram B-17G. Never thought to take any pics and now it's covered in dust and missing many of the gun barrels and props.

Have built a few interesting kits, a die-cast HO scale model locomotive, but the coolest kit was a strip-wood model canoe made of Bass wood, 1/12th scale just half too small.

Got into O-Guage model railroading (1:48th) when my son was young. I bought several of the Tamya 1:48  military vehicle kits, but they're still sitting on my shelf unbuilt. Now that my son has gone off to school I was planning to clean up his railroad layout, but just another project I never seem to have time for. I did buy a big bag of unpainted figures 1/48th, for passenger cars and the like. Don't think I ever painted the first one, yours look great Clive!

Good thread guys!

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by gibri on Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Thu May 04, 2017 3:02 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Amazing pics guys! Some great work there, I haven't built any model kits for years - I used to love building and painting Airfix kits.

Great uploads and thread!! cheers cheers cheers

bounce Thanks Beatlefan! I'm Glad You Like'em! cheers

Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Thu May 04, 2017 3:16 am

gibri wrote:
Great work Jack and Clive!!!

I'm an old model builder from way back. I tended to do more military aircraft than other kits, but I haven't built any for a long time. Did build a new one a few years ago -- 1/48th scale Revell/Monogram B-17G. Never thought to take any pics and now it's covered in dust and missing many of the gun barrels and props.

Have built a few interesting kits, a die-cast HO scale model locomotive, but the coolest kit was a strip-wood model canoe made of Bass wood, 1/12th scale just half too small.

Got into O-Guage model railroading (1:48th) when my son was young. I bought several of the Tamya 1:48  military vehicle kits, but they're still sitting on my shelf unbuilt. Now that my son has gone off to school I was planning to clean up his railroad layout, but just another project I never seem to have time for. I did buy a big bag of unpainted figures 1/48th, for passenger cars and the like. Don't think I ever painted the first one, yours look great Clive!

Good thread guys!

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers

bounce Thanks Brian! Your Old-School like Myself, i'm sure you remember Back In The Day when building Model Kits was All The "Rage", Aurora, Monogram, Revel to mention a few. The Cool thing is, now that we have the Internet, you can find Many Great Reproductions and you can Build Them AGAIN! I don't know about anybody else, but I must say my kits turn out Alot Better Now than they did when I was like 11 or 12 Years Old!Laughing Being a child of the 70's, I have Alot of Fond Memories of a Simpler Time. afro lol!

inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 am

Wow great job Rage! cheers They all look fantastic! Very Happy
Nice planes Clivves! Very Happy

I just watched the creature on youtube the other night... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB60SpTZldU&t=1243s

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rage
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Wow great job Rage! cheers They all look fantastic!  Very Happy
Nice planes Clivves! Very Happy

I just watched the creature on youtube the other night... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB60SpTZldU&t=1243s

Thanks Jim! I've Alway's Loved the Universal Studios Monsters! I've got the Complete Collection on DVD! bounce

clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   Thu May 04, 2017 11:47 am

I forgot to pop in the photo of the Jap plane I made (Hasigawa 1:72 scale kit) now inserted above Smile

Bri, sounds great, I know what it's like when the kits are piling up on the shelf unbuilt lol! I think I've got about 130 kits unbuilt, one is half built and been in storage for about 10 years.

Gotta love model railways too, I've seen some of yours and they look fab Cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   

Back to top Go down

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next