Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Fri May 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi folks
I picked up some nice figures on my last couple of trips to my local charity shop.

I'm quite taken with them and could see a nice Mini Munrovian unit /world developing.

This was todays purchase

no mould/manufactures marks on any of them , but the two guys on the right in the boonie hats look like they are from the same manufacturer /sculptor.

So I would like to get some more and get a small company formed up a bit like ....
....a 1/18 Unit like Ghost Recons 1/6th chaps Very Happy lol!

img[/quote]

Hope some one recognises them Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Fri May 26, 2017 1:15 pm

They look like Ultra Corps figures too me steve?

https://www.amazon.com/Lanard-10110-Ultra-Corps-Figure/dp/B0006PXSF8

French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Fri May 26, 2017 4:27 pm

No idea Steve, but thank you for the gesture.

Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Fri May 26, 2017 8:21 pm

ghost recon wrote:

Your 1/6th moderns are very inspiring Ade are they Dragon or a mix ??

Dal, I'll keep looking I think they are Ultra Corp but I can't find any on UK e-bay on an initial search - I will do some searching when I have a bit more time !! lol!

take care
Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Fri May 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Cool pickups! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Sat May 27, 2017 10:25 am

Steve for these particular figures. They themselves are Soldier story & the uniforms are Dam toys knock off sold by ML. All the small pieces such as sun glasses, radios , guns etc are all Dam toys. There are alternatives that would look as good by Dragon do doubt. They are though knock off type of plastic that can tend to bend over time. Therefore rendering the gun as useless.
Personally Steve & I honestly don't mean this as it reads out. They're too expensive to put together whether that be boxed or in their cases, Sourced in all separately. They did work out cheaper, but not enough so to warrant repeating the process. I enjoyed putting them all together & getting to an end result. Picture time though.........OMFG! Talk about the mother of all headaches! You can see why many people that collect these just use perfectly flat surfaces & backdrop boards.
Good news is though. I have found by far a cheaper way to achieve all this at a smidgen of the cost.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Military-Army-Special-Forces-Soldier-12-Action-Figures-Model-Toy-Wargame-/371434371575?var=&hash=item567b36b9f7:m:mMU0pBwdP_5Jq2FgFq-mVPg

These are PERFECT for all pictures outdoors I think. Great accessories too especially for the price. Mud , rain who would care really at this cost for that one picture even you're proud of.

ghost recon
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Sat May 27, 2017 10:34 am

Oh PS: As for all the others on this thread. They're either Dam toys , soldier story or DID which is dragon in dreams just more pennies to part with. Dragon basics are DML models that can look really quite something. With the former 2 though, their heads attach differently & in my opinion give a much more realistic look.
I guess a good way to explain the quality factor is to make a comparison we're all familiar with here.
Dam etc are like 1st issues at launch date. Very well made in all aspects including uni's.
DML's BBI etc are like the AM knock offs but for Dam etc. Hope all this mumbling makes sense? lol!

Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Sat May 27, 2017 10:51 am

Gunner Munro wrote:
ghost recon wrote:

Your 1/6th moderns are very inspiring Ade are they Dragon or a mix ??

Dal, I'll keep looking I think they are Ultra Corp but I can't find any on UK e-bay on an initial search - I will do some searching when I have a bit more time !! lol!

take care
Steve

I am sure they are still on sale in places like toys r us and Morrisons! cheers

some here steve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/132198767273?clk_rvr_id=1219345697952&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=132198767273&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/132198769030?clk_rvr_id=1219370081741&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=132198769030&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/311879632925?clk_rvr_id=1219403359907&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=311879632925&rmvSB=true

Smyths

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/soldier-force-and-the-corps/the-corps-elite-super-battle-pack/p/152247

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Sat May 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Thanks Dal,

thats got me on a great search. I also took another better look and found the Manufacture mark - the two boogie figures are by Chap Mei. They seem to make a series marketed called Soldier Force. The ones I have found so far on line don't have the same level of articulation but I will keep looking Wink - I only want a GR level squad at the moment Rolling Eyes - famous last words ...

I have also found The World Peace Keeper series , which look like a good compromise - watch this space... lol!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Peacekeepers-Military-Defence-Green/dp/B0051TYPTC/ref=pd_bxgy_21_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1WW6M6HV9ZR91YFTC7WR

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Sat May 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Where possible Steve. Try to source those via ebay as amazon tends to be just that bit dearer. The average price difference though in the 1/6 modern figures can be quite big a gap. So shop around lots 1st.

Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Sun May 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Funny the things you find in a box tucked away. I forgot I had got this. I think this was one of the last toys I brought, an Action Force, SAS Jeep and its driver, Stakler (I think he was called). The drivers body is original, but his head is from a action force space dude, his name escapes me now! I thought you might enjoy seeing it Steve Very Happy

screenshot windows

free uploader

BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Sun May 28, 2017 6:45 pm

They look like Lanard 'The Corps' to me straight away, there's been quite a few of those type of figures released over the years..

I was right, I just found this, one of your figures above, I hope they don't mind me borrowing and advertising their website:
http://www.figurerealm.com/galleries/corps/CrashFixer-DualTeam-Front.jpg

Lanard have changed the look of their website again, their site looked much better last year with full character profiles..
http://www.lanard.com/#prettyPhoto

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Just a quick update chaps

Here is my burgeoning Ghost Recon Squad Smile - this could get addictive lol!

Got some Chap Mei Soldier force and then some of the latest Lanard Utlra Force chaps , did some head swaps . They are not looking too bad .

Thanks Dal for the tip about Smyths Toy shops as I found these guys....for £5.99 each while searching ...

I'll put a post up about them in a bit more detail.

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?   

Back to top Go down

Can any one help me ID these 1/18th Figures ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1