Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi all, this might make your mouth water a bit,

I was just wondering, does anyone still have the traditional Sunday roast dinner ? or do you have your Sunday dinner delivered from a takeaway shop? I was just curious, because as I type this I'm getting a strong smell of cabbage, chicken and roast potatoes wafting through my HQ lol!

Last night I had a nice Indian vegetable Balti Curry, so my sunday dinner will be very light today, gotta watch the waistline lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:44 pm

I can't say we have one every week, but most weeks we do. Today, we have a roast chicken Sunday lunch cheers

LIKE MY PHOTO'S, CHECK OUT MY FLICKR https://www.flickr.com/photos/116276346@N05/with/39426388644/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyE4
Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:11 pm

just steak and pototoes and pinto beans every week on Sunday course then it's blow out Monday :lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:24 pm

lol! lol! lol! @ Johnny! Very Happy

LIKE MY PHOTO'S, CHECK OUT MY FLICKR https://www.flickr.com/photos/116276346@N05/with/39426388644/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue-Trooper
Artic Explorer

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Yup....same as Dal. We have one most weeks, but not every week.

Today it's roast pork. I've only been eating pork for about a year.... couldn't stand the stuff when I was younger​ so never even tried it until a while back.

THEY BOUGHT ME A BOX OF TIN SOLDIERS
I THREW ALL THE GENERALS AWAY
I SMASHED UP THE SARGENTS AND MAJORS
NOW I PLAY WITH MY PRIVATES ALL DAY.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Interesting Dal, chicken is very popular these days, after having a pet parrot since 98 it's put me off chicken lol!

Sounds like fun @ Johnny! lol!

Chris, I can't even remember when I ate pork, I used to like it but I haven't eaten it for years, I don't have a full set of gnashers to chew on it properly.. I only dabble in white fish now and then, Sunday is really the only day I get a proper dinner.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Flock Head (Hard Hands)

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:49 am

Despite there is only me and the misses , we have a Roast nearly every Sunday unless I am out all day somewhere like the A.M days Very Happy we get a joint big enough so I can heat up 2nd roast for in the week , and get a mid week curry out of the joint as well . Normally Lamb or Chicken for us . pig

clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Sounds delicious Chip, the Curry, its' very practical saving some meat for midweek. It's nice to hear that folks still celebrate a traditional Sunday roast, because round my way I don't smell Sunday dinners being prepared like I used to. Thanks for your comments. Smile

Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:15 pm

We Have a roast dinner every Sunday, from Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken, Then on Mondays it depends on what we had on the Sunday... cold chicken, beef, Lamb, pork,  with mash potatoes and beans, and if there's enough for Tuesday it will be sandwiches with pickle.....

I'm traditional I like the Sunday roast best part of the week, but then Saturdays tea time good old fry up......

Rogue-Trooper
Artic Explorer

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm eating a repeat of yesterday's dinner right now.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
I'm eating a repeat of yesterday's dinner right now.

Like wise Chris, I'm eating my nice beef and pickle roll.......

JohnnyE4
Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:11 pm

HA! I just had the blow out from last nights dinner :lol
havent got a clue for tonights my luck porkchops
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:07 pm

JohnnyE4 wrote:
HA!  I just had the blow out from last nights dinner :lol
havent got a clue for tonights my luck porkchops
Sounds nice, don't forget to sprinkle that pork seasoning on your chops. I think I'll be on a watery soup tonight, followed by Shredded wheat lol!

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Sounds nice fellas, beef and pickle roll @ Wolfie, I used to love those cheers

You lot are making me hungry right now, time for a quick inter-meal snack, a few cream crackers lol

Back to top Go down
Rage
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:46 pm

It depends, nothing Set In Stone. Laughing

Gunner Munro
Heavy Weapons

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi fellas

Just picked up the thread- Like Chris it was roast Pork yesterday. Today its Hairy Bikers - slim line Bolognaise - Clivvers I watched my waist line and it grew !!Rolling Eyes Laughing

So Sunday Roast -Like a lot of things in life at 50 + its about once or twice a month Shocked lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue-Trooper
Artic Explorer

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:

So Sunday Roast -Like a lot of things in life at 50 + its about once or twice a month Shocked lol! lol!

That often ?!?!? lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro
Heavy Weapons

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Gunner Munro wrote:

That often ?!?!? lol!

Chris , I often exaggerate for effect lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Hi fellas

Just picked up the thread- Like Chris it was roast Pork yesterday. Today its Hairy Bikers - slim line Bolognaise - Clivvers I watched my waist line and it grew !!Rolling Eyes Laughing

Hairy bikers slim line Bolognaise, sounds delicious cheers

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:54 pm

It's a bit quite on AMMO today, perhaps they are all cooking their roast dinners with cabbage.. Brussels sprouts have been banned from my HQ, can't stand them, they're like potent time bombs lol!

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Artic Explorer

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Off to the pictures to see the latest Apes film....catch you later.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro
Heavy Weapons

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi folks
just had a Cornish full English breakfast at Para Sands in Cornwall. - Its not doing my diet any good Shocked

Just resurfacing after a hectic period of work - now on hols so I'm looking foreward to catching up with all the posts.

catch you later - Mrs Gunner want to go off to St Ives !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Chris,

You are so lucky, it looks like a very good film, I hope you enjoy it Smile

Gunner,

Cornwall is such a beautiful place... Don't worry about calories, it's your holiday mate, it's a time to over indulge... There's some scrumptious Cornish pasties down that way, I've been there many times, yum yum!  cheers

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Heavy Weapons

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi Chris
I hope the film was good . I'm looking to persuade mrs G to go too. I'm reading a great book called Sapiens - a brief history of Mankind -perhaps POA is not too far off Shocked

Clivvers - I will now give myself permission for a pastime and a cream tea each day ! Shocked Laughing Cool No

Not got any of the fellas with me this trip- but got another week off at Gunner HQ next week so hope to catch up on the project list Rolling Eyes lol!

I have a week also end of Aug in Weymouth so will be taking the CO11 with me for some trips down memory lane Smile
Cheers
Gunner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue-Trooper
Artic Explorer

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:03 pm

The film was great......can't wait for the next one.

I'm in Weymouth end of august or beginning of September...can't remember which lol.

I'm hoping to sneak a couple of figures on holiday to Devon in a few weeks.....I think SWMBO just might actually kill me lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!   

Back to top Go down

It's Sunday and the smell of cabbage cooking is in the air!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next