Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 am

Hi guys, following on from Ghostrecons post, rolecall, I would like members to to post members who they feel have made a difference here on AMMO Very Happy .

To start this off, I would like to nominate Ackie88 (Alex). His drive and passion for Modern Action Man is a true testament to the love he had for the figure as a kid, and I am sure, especially after speaking to him, that he holds the same love for the figure that us vamsters have for vam! His photos and photo stories are top drawer! and to top it off he really is a smashing guy too cheers

It is this commitment that earned him a place onto the AMMO mod team! cheers

Looking forward to future posts Al, and thank you mu friend for all your hard work cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 am

I can't single out anyone as there are loads I could name but I will second what you said about Alex, he encapsulates the flavour of the forum for me, he's always got great intentions and I love the fact that MAM are now equally billed with VAM... and rightly so... their time is now.

So as a figure head for appreciation, I'll say Alex too! albino
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
peterodgers
Medic

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Alex's brilliant pictures and stories have made a big difference to AMMO. I'd like to also like to mention Clivvers, as I've really enjoyed seeing his Boot Sale Sorties threads, giving hope that cheap figures are still out there waiting to be found!

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Cant think of any better to select Alex, the motivation he has for Mam and the Ideas he comes up with, always taking part in topic, he's great photos and specially he's stories,

well worthy member of AMMO

I salute you Alex..... and my appreciation for what you do on AMMO... cheers  cheers  cheers

blueboxier
Military Police

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 pm

slack has always been a good guy for me

ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Personally for me, I go with those that bring new things to the front. The ones that want to learn readily or share what they have learnt. The ones that bring that touch of humour especially so when you may not be feeling at your best. Most of all though. I go with those that still carry that child within them & where their posts show it. I've said more than once about Alex & his commitment to this hobby. If there were more Alex's to be found within this hobby, we'd not need to worry over the purists as they'd not exist.
Although I guess I have singled Alex out & rightly too. My vote goes to the forum it's self. It's a home of sorts with a banner as our roof where we all come to just to be young again. It's where many personalities share that one passion that brought us all here. For me , it's a place to escape to , to see what others are doing with the figures we collect. I love to see fresh ideas & with humour alongside them. No one member brings that here, it's a collaboration of the many & that to me is where my vote has to sit. This is what breaths life into what we all know.
I do salute the committed & thank you for your contributions, but I salute the hobby more for bringing us all here & for making us the very best of friends. Even if most are of an online basis only.

inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:28 pm

I also highly salute Alex! cheers

But I enjoy everyones pics & stories! So keep it up everyone! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:33 pm

And I second that Dal and Ade, expertly put..

Ackie is the one and only (original first issue era) MAM King. I would also like to praise all the other the members here for their contributions over the years, all highly enjoyable to follow.

Many thanks peterodgers, I'm glad my past boot sale posts encouraged you to enjoy the hobby a much cheaper way. One day I hope to repost all the missing images, plus add new updates.

Well done Dal, for bringing this one up Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
SlackElastic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 pm

blueboxier wrote:

PayPal gifted on its way Twisted Evil Cheers dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
blueboxier
Military Police

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:47 pm

SlackElastic wrote:
blueboxier wrote:

PayPal gifted on its way Twisted Evil Cheers dude
only saying it like i see it

ActionYankee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:49 am

I nominate Chris. He's been a serious help and generous gifter when it comes to Action Man and myself. I only realized how much he's done for me when doing my recent addition to my Collection thread, and noticed that Chris had gotten, or helped get me many things in my Action Man Collection, and he's still helping!

cheers Cheers Chris. You're a good man.

Ski Patrol

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:17 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

THEY BOUGHT ME A BOX OF TIN SOLDIERS
I THREW ALL THE GENERALS AWAY
I SMASHED UP THE SARGENTS AND MAJORS
NOW I PLAY WITH MY PRIVATES ALL DAY.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am

Well done Chris for your good AM karma services to Ian cheers

Back to top Go down
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:28 pm

I would like to show my Appreciation to Brownboots (Paul) he's a really lovely guy and I've had the privilege to meet him. I think he does a outstanding Service to AMMO! He's the King of kitbashing, his kitbashes are just out of his world. He's also a great to type to on chat.

clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm

I'll second that Ackie, I miss Paul's wit, his MAM customs and photos, he's a pro kitbasher for sure. Paul's kitbashes are on a level that I can only dream of reaching, I'll stick to my graphics Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!   

Back to top Go down

Appreciation or a Outstanding Services to AMMO!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1