ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Empty
PostSubject: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Name?

Dal

Online Name?

Blondeactionman

Location?

Birmingham, England.

Do you still own your favourite figure from when you were a kid?

I do, well actually I still have eleven figures from when I was a kid.

CH5, (From left to right, Pepe (Repro body) (Geyperman), Goldie (Rebodied Atomic Man, now on a vintage Joe body and re flocked), Jake (my first bp figure, completely rebuilt and re flocked), Tom Stone (re strung, re flocked and new hands) and Smiley Joe (Knock off figure, rebodied on a vintage Joe body and re flocked).

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman DSC00496

My other childhood survivors,

Luke (40TH uniform)

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman 001_zps78894ed5

Murph

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman 001_zps910c9b51

Blake

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman BeFunky_IMG_5943jpg_zps14c8b613

R2D2 & C3PO

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Practice317_zpse4f40cf7

B.A Baracus

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Vehicles054_zpsd6c8dc34

Do/what was your first Vam/mam or 1/6 vehicle?

If memory serves ne correctly, it was a cherilea jeep and trailer. Jake and the boys had many adventures in it until it was retired and transferred to Rogue Troopers HQ. My first official action man vehicle was the pursuit craft  cheers

Are you still in contact with childhood Vam/mam or 1/6 buddies?

Sadly no. My best pal growing up was a lad named Paul, we had many amazing back garden adventures with our vam in the summer holidays and weekends. We used to read the creature commando comics, and used his mego Hulk and a Dracula figure he had as them. He also kitted out a zargon to be G.I.Robot! He too had names for his action man, his leader was a blond ee called James Solo, I really must try and kitbash him on day  Very Happy .

Best vehicle in your motorpool now?

Hmm, tough question to answer, I would say its either my 21st Jeeps or helicopter

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman P3200003

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman DalsCopter_zpshjbkq3bz

Best figure in your collection (vam/mam or 1/6)?

Again, another tough question to answer. How can you pick just one? I would say that it is probably still Jake and his buddies. Taking nothing away from the modern figures and vintage stuff I own, but they have a lot of happy memories attached to them.

Best kitbash in your collection?

I would have said it was my steampunk adventurers until a few months back, then maybe my Joe & Hank 2.0 bashes, but being honest, its my Nam grunts

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Aviary_Photo_131419314270492384

Did you get your desired item?

I did! The Joe MSV,

Do you still owned it?

No, I sold it last year to buy the 19th Doctors Tardis.

Biggest regret item you have added to your collection?

anyone who knows me, knows that not all figures I buy stay, I only keep the ones I really like. Quite a few of the figures I have brought have found their way into others collections. I don't really have regrets, just not always happy with them when they arrive. If that makes sense?

Has your collection grown since your last interview?

Massively!, I know own a heck of a lt of fuzzies, vintage Joes and even a couple of vintage PH guys! I have also collected quite a few female figures, who have become my 'Agents of BAM' and I have started buying a few more 1/6 modern figures too.

How my Action Man collection started

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Groupshot002_zps760f3594

and now,

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman 2all

How many figures make up your HQ

All in all, vam, Joes and 1/6, probably over 100  Very Happy

What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of your collection/hobby?

I consider myself quite lucky, my other half Louise, collects boxed Barbie figures, so she can't really complain!  lol! . Plus, she was the one that told me about Action Forums, so its all her fault really!  lol!  lol!  lol!

Views on 50th reproductions?

I like the outfits, just not terrible a fan of the figures  Sad

Why do you think we have the connection to vam/mam or 1/6 figures?

For me, its probably because he could be anything, the only thing that restricted you was your own imagination  cheers For me growing up in the late 70s, early 80s my lads were mainly adventures or mercenaries, but somehow they always ended up fighting pockets of Germans who never knew the war was over!  Very Happy . I also had quite a few other figures too, like lone ranger, six million dollar man and mego, so action man was never short of friends  cheers .
I mean lets face it, we had to imagine, not like today where our kids have computer games and its all there for them making imagination redundant  Sad .

What do you enjoy about our hobby?

Without a doubt, the friendships I have made with people who are just mad about action man as me! Its great to get into chat and talk about our future bashes or he next build project or what we are looking for, somehow we always seem to help each other out. I also enjoy the diversity of peoples bashes and ideas, I mean lets face it, there is a lot of talent here on ammo, so we;re never short of ideas  cheers

Whats your Favourite kitbash by someone another member?

There are so many great bashers here, but the one that always sticks in my mind is slackelastic's Zargon troopers! or brownboots Steve McQueen great escape bash  cheers

Has your collecting interests changed since you first started collecting?

Yeah, as I said earlier, I have shifted more towards vam fuzzies and modern 1/6. I still enjoy finishing uni's, but I prefer now to kitbash, and I am always on the lookout for a new vintage Joe, but it has to be the right one cheers

Do you have a/What is your favourite section of AMMO?

I look in on every section of ammo, so its hard to pick a favourite, but I do enjoy the comics and random pics  Very Happy . I would have to say one of my favourite things is chat, or as the regulars call it, The AMMO Arms  cheers . If you haven't checked it out, pop in between 7pm and 9, its always a good laugh  cheers

Why do you like AMMO?

The relaxed atmosphere, no ones collection is viewed better than anyone else's, the friendships, but most of all you guys the members, its you that have made ammo what it is cheers  

Thanks for reading bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Revamped and reloaded with new images, excellent Smile

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 8:00 pm

clivvers wrote:
Revamped and reloaded with new images, excellent Smile

Thanks Clive! pleased you enjoyed it cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 pm

WOW! Awesome Dal! cheers Good ole B.A Baracus... Very Happy

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 am

Really pleased you enjoyed reading it Jim cheers
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Great stuff Dal and a good idea as it was quite a while ago that some of us did our interviews.

cheers cheers

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Volgan10
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks Rich! pleased you enjoyed it Very Happy

Yeah, we seem to have run out of folks to interview, so I thought a re boot would be great to see how our collections have changed cheers
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Great read dal...
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 5:26 pm

thanks Dean Very Happy , really pleased you enjoyed it cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman   Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interviews Revisited! June 2017 - Blondeactionman
Page 1 of 1