ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings Empty
PostSubject: Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings   Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 am

Figure Listings

The On-Line
VINTAGE GI JOE IDENTIFICATION
Markings Guide

Scroll down and find the markings that match your GI Joe.  These markings will tell you what year your GI Joe figure was made!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vintage G.I. Joe Markings
1964-1965

U.S.A.
GI JOE  T.M.
COPYRIGHT 1964
by HASBRO R
PATENT PENDING
MADE IN U.S.A.

Manufactured from 1965 thru 1965, the markings show that G.I. Joe, the figure's name, was trademarked.  Copyrighted in 1964 by Hasbro; the company's registered trademark.  The figure's patent was pending. Body was made in the U.S.A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vintage GI Joe Markings

GI JOE  R
COPYRIGHT 1964
by HASBRO  R
PATENT PENDING
MADE IN U.S.A.

Manufactured only in 1966, these markings were different from the 1st issue of 1965 by the T.M. letters being absent in the copyright notice.  Now the figures name is G.I. Joe was a registered trademark, copyrighted by Hasbro.  The patent is still pending.  Body madein the U.S.A.

Vintage G.I. JoeMarkings
(1967-1975)

GIJOE  R
COPYRIGHT  1964
by HASBRO   R
Pat. No. 3,277,602
MADE IN U.S.A.

Manufactured from 1967 thru 1975, G.I. Joe remains the registered trademark of the figure. Copyrighted in 1964 by Hasbro, the company's registered trademark.  There is no problem telling this 1967 Joe from the previous years version.  The patent is no longer pending and it now shows a patent number.  The body is still made in the U.S.A.

(1975 -1976)

C   HASBRO  R
Pat. Pend. Pawt. R.I.

Manufactured from 1975 thru 1976, these unique markings were located on the bottom back of the lifelike bodies type figures torso.  Copyrighted in 1975 by HAsbro, the company's registered trademark.  The patent was again pending.  Body was made in the U.S.A. at Hasbro's Pawtucket Rhode Island Factory.

1960s made in CANADA

CANADA
GI JOE REG. T.M.
COPYRIGHT 1964
by HASBRO   R
PATENT PENDING
MADE IN CANADA

Figures made in the 1960s in CANADA.  Notice how there is a REG. in front of the T.M. letters.

1970s made in CANADA

C  RD 1964
HASSENFIELD BROS. INC.
PATENTED 1966
MADE IN CANADA

These markings appeared on G.I. Joes made in CANADA in the 1970s.  The MADE IN CANADA was sometimes missing from the markings.

GI Nurse

PATENT PENDING
C  1967 BY HASBRO  R
MADE IN HONG KONG

Made only in 1967, the above markings belong to the GI Nurse Action Girl.  These markings were locatedon the lower back of the torso on every figure.  Her patent is pending, she was copyrighted in 1967 by Hasbro the company's registered trademark.  The figure and her uniform and accessories were all made in Hong Kong.

Last edited by inntruderr61 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings   Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:58 am

Great reference Jim :-)

What book is that ??
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings   Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 am

awesome Jim, fantastic for a budding Joe collector like myself ! thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings   Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Gi joe official identification and price guide 1964-1999 Vincent Santelmo
A person has to be careful though with this book as some of the info is wrong.
So the book is great for some things but not for others...lol

Danthecoat wrote:
Great reference Jim :-)

What book is that ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings   Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gi joe uniform / accessory / tags / butt markings
Page 1 of 1