ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Display, or Play?

Go down 
+3
inntruderr61
Professor Gangrene Fan
ActionYankee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Following up on a "How do you collect?" query I saw in the "Loosing Interest" thread, I think it was brought up over on HQ.

Do you do anything with your collection? Play? Play with children and in some cases grand children? Outdoor photos? Diorama Photos?

Or do you just put them on a shelf or in a cabinet, and there they rest, forever.

If the second one, do you, or have you ever thought of having a "play squad?" A group of knockabout VAM that will never be museum quality, so you don't pretend they are.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:53 pm

I do both.

I play with them by taking outside random pictures, take pictures for stores I'm putting together and kitbash.

When I have my Mam room some will be put on a shelf to display or I'm going to set up a mini scenario in each shelf.

inntruderr61

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 12:31 am

Since our house was broken into in the recent past and the bast*ards
walked off with me Joes I have most of my Joes in a large safe that's bolted
to the floor...lol
I'm displaying only 5 Joes right now... But I take pics of them when the mood strikes... Very Happy

But I mostly only collect Joes & accessories I had as a child...1966-1972
I still do have some joes I had as a child... I take pics of those also... Very Happy

Display, or Play? 208_9813

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 3:47 am

I personally don't display my figure nation, I don't have the space to do that at the moment and I'm not a pro vam collector. I have a small team of parachute MAM that I'm fond of, one of them has been in my Parachute Day 1 & 2 comic stories with a special G.I. Joe guest that had escaped it's box for the day.. the particular MAM is one of my favourite MAM figures, it's had the most outdoor adventures (on and off camera)...

So yes I did get to play with my vam/Joes/MAM outdoors in the past. I'm hoping to get some of my Joes wet sometime in the future (Top Secret Mission Outdoors) I believe all vam and Joes should be played with outdoors at some point, it's what they were made for.
Smile

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 8:35 am

Its a bit of everything for me, play, display and diorama's! my lads old or new are given a new lease of life here cheers
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 8:56 am

I suppose it all depends upon your definition of play.

I don't set up huge battles between my figures like I did back in my childhood.

Instead my "play" these days is customising, putting uniforms together...and photographing my efforts.

As for displaying them ? ......not yet. I don't have anywhere, but when I do I think I will go down the same route as AY and display 5 or 6 figures in rotation.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 12:56 pm

I have two collections, but over the years the lines have become very grey. I did have the "absolutely collectors quality, must not be played with for fear of death" and the "IT'S VAM TIME! GRAB A GUN!" But they all generally get days out in the house or garden now, and as i think i've said on a previous post i've had some expensive bits broken by my little boys friend, but hey ho.

So PLAY PLAY PLAY!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Display, or Play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Display, or Play?   Display, or Play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Display, or Play?
Page 1 of 1