Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Duxford. Air museum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Medic

PostSubject: Duxford. Air museum   Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Been to duxford air museum today
Great day , loads of hangers full of spitfires, 109s, hurricanes lots of other aircraft also American hanger ,as the us airforce were based there during the war ,  also a tank museum and a parachute regiment museum
In the American hanger I came across a mutual friend..

A few more pics..

This was general Montgomerys tank used in the desert , the gun was false as it was full of communication s

This tank was in saving private Ryan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Looked like a great day out Dean! and to spot an action man too, what a bonus! Thanks for sharing cheers

LIKE MY PHOTO'S, CHECK OUT MY FLICKR https://www.flickr.com/photos/116276346@N05/with/39426388644/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:45 pm

These photos bring back a fond memory for me of visiting that place about 17 years ago. It's a brilliant place to take the family for the day. You must get there early to be able to see it all, the place is jam packed with interesting stuff, including a landing craft that you can sit in, complete with sound affects of what it was like landing under fire on the Normandy beaches in WW2.

My trip there will always be a memorable one, I stuck my fingers down a Gatling gun on the front of a A-10 Thunderbolt II in the American Air Museum, and those WW2 aircraft hanging from the ceiling like Airfix models are great. Did you manage to pick up and play about with a tommy machine gun and grenade near Monty's caravan? Duxford is HIGHLY recommended for a day out, try get there as soon as they open the doors, there is tons and tons to see there, a fab place for all the family. I have a long video I made when I visited there.

Thanks for sharing these photos Rusty Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
JohnnyE4
Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:39 am

funny thing about size you never know how big something actually is until you actually see it

I could spend days there thanks for taking the pics and posting them
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
Rustygun
Medic

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:32 am

clivvers wrote:
These photos bring back a fond memory for me of visiting that place about 17 years ago. It's a brilliant place to take the family for the day. You must get there early to be able to see it all, the place is jam packed with interesting stuff, including a landing craft that you can sit in, complete with sound affects of what it was like landing under fire on the Normandy beaches in WW2.

My trip there will always be a memorable one, I stuck my fingers down a Gatling gun on the front of a A-10 Thunderbolt II in the American Air Museum, and those WW2 aircraft hanging from the ceiling like Airfix models are great. Did you manage to pick up and play about with a tommy machine gun and grenade near Monty's caravan? Duxford is HIGHLY recommended for a day out, try get there as soon as they open the doors, there is tons and tons to see there, a fab place for all the family. I have a long video I made when I visited there.

Thanks for sharing these photos Rusty Very Happy

Yes it was a great day lots to see..

I didn't need to pick up and play with the Thompson machine gun as I collect deactivated arms and have one ..
Here's a photo with a few of his mates

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beatlefan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 am

Fantastic pics Dean, I've been there a couple of times it's an amazing day out.

They have some special event days where they have aircraft and tank displays, it can be really busy on those days though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Rustygun,

Excellent assortment of classic weapons.. That Bren gun looks the business, I believe they used to suffer from jamming on the battlefield?

I bet you even have an anti aircraft gun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:44 am

WOW! Cool! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rustygun
Medic

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:28 am

clivvers wrote:
Rustygun,

Excellent assortment of classic weapons.. That Bren gun looks the business, I believe they used to suffer from jamming on the battlefield?  

I bet you even have an anti aircraft gun.

No anti aircraft gun ...ha ha..
I don't think the Bren jammed a lot it was a great weapon
The sten gun on the other hand was  prone to jamming a lot and was not popular
Also have one of these ..
This was the first weapon I ever bought , that got me into collecting , through a mutual friend  I met a guy that owned  a armourer to the movie industry the company is called bapty,   He sold me this  ww2 original sten they used with a batch they bought after the war ,  
I went o his warehouse and it was amazing ,  he had an anti aircraft gun.....  he said my sten would have undoubtedly been used in almost every British war film during the late fifties,  sixties and seventies, as they had exclusive rights to supply weapons for them. And his whole batch of stens were used on the longest day..my favorite film ever,    So some where on screen is my sten..
He also showed me the original Indiana jones pistol used by Harrison ford they supplied
Anyway here's my famous Very Happy   Sten

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duxford. Air museum   

Back to top Go down

Duxford. Air museum
Page 1 of 1