Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures
 
HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Collection update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

Posts : 888
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 53
Location : Buckinghamshire

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

As I have been collecting for 1 year in December , I thought I would get a stock take of what I have..
I have amassed quite a few figures .
Over 60 action men  ,  25 or so dragon figures ,   Fighting furies,.. six million dollar man ,...Lone Ranger... I have loads of other uniforms and kit and a couple of vehicles , but this is the latest line up..
When I was off over last Christmas , I thought I'd get a couple to put in my office...  90 odd figures later..I think I may have gone a bit to far.... lol! .....    but they give me a warm happy feeling of nostalgia....that makes me happy..., which I suppose why a lot of us collect..
My collecting is mainly ww2 based and I like to throw a bit of dragon kit with the action man stuff, as it enhances it..
And where I had the idea of doing the diaramas from and making buildings ....?  I don't know... if you would have told me this time last year that I would have 60 odd action men and was playing dollies ( as my wife calls it )  photographing them in the wild...    I would have phoned you the doctor..



Collection update IMG_6391


Collection update IMG_6385


Collection update IMG_6388


Collection update IMG_6389


Collection update IMG_6395


Collection update IMG_6396


Collection update IMG_6399


Collection update IMG_6401


Collection update IMG_5445


A few dragon Germans ..as I have run out of action men..




Collection update IMG_6403


A few other action figures  I have picked up   Which bring back those childhood memories.


Collection update IMG_6380


Collection update IMG_6383


Collection update IMG_6381


A few  mam  I've kept , chip hazard and roger Moore



Collection update IMG_6377


And last and least ...the Chippendales .


I bought these guys for there uniforms ..so have a lot of spare..



Collection update IMG_6405

_________________
The beatings will continue  until moral improves..

Collection update IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13670
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 47
Location : Birmingham, England

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 2:12 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! Dean! You my friend have well and truly caught the vam bug! there are lots f different collectors, and we all collect for different reasons, but you sir and what me and SKJ (Steve) call a player! (Just like us!) We are not content with having them sitting on a shelf, we have to get them down and photograph, customize and personalize our troops! and lets face it, photographing them is the only way we can really play with them now? but I bet a sneaky machine gun sound effects is uttered when no ones about? lol! lol!

I love the diversity of your collection Dean, I remember as a kid, Jake's army was made up of lone ranger, fighting furies, mego and many other figures. Its probably why my collection is so varied now? You have made yourself a stunning collection and adding the dragon and bbi parts just enhances them even more! You are a valued member for us here on ammo! and I very much look forward to our posts Very Happy . Keep up the great work! cheers cheers cheers

_________________
Collection update Blondeactionman-Sig-Copy
Back to top Go down
Online
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

Posts : 1899
Join date : 2012-11-17
Age : 51
Location : Hawkhurst Kent

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Fantastic line up there Dean!

Same as you, I intended on getting maybe half a dozen at the most when I started collecting back in 2006.......i ended up with a few more than that and still collecting now.

Photographing is the thing I need to get back into, I love the pics you and the other guys post on here!

Heres to the next 90 figures mate lol! lol!

_________________
WHO WATCHES THE VOLGANS...

Collection update Volgan10
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
Moderator
inntruderr61

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 58
Location : Pennsylvania USA

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 3:37 am

The Chippendales... lol!

You have a really nice collection! cheers

_________________
JIM...  
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

Posts : 888
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 53
Location : Buckinghamshire

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
lol! lol! lol! lol! Dean! You my friend have well and truly caught the vam bug! there are lots f different collectors, and we all collect for different reasons, but you sir and what me and SKJ (Steve) call a player! (Just like us!) We are not content with having them sitting on a shelf, we have to get them down and photograph, customize and personalize our troops! and lets face it, photographing them is the only way we can really play with them now? but I bet a sneaky machine gun sound effects is uttered when no ones about? lol! lol!

I love the diversity of your collection Dean, I remember as a kid, Jake's army was made up of lone ranger, fighting furies, mego and many other figures. Its probably why my collection is so varied now? You have made yourself a stunning collection and adding the dragon and bbi parts just enhances them even more! You are a valued member for us here on ammo! and I very much look forward to our posts Very Happy . Keep up the great work! cheers cheers cheers



Thanks for your kind words dal... I'm honoured to be a member of the " player ". Club...And I may make the odd sound of a machine gun. when setting up a diarama.. lol! ..
I was the same I had all sorts of guys in my army , including six million dollar man , fighting furies , Lone Ranger and planet of the apes guys...( not the monkeys).
I've enjoyed my short time on AMMO... every one is very friendly and helpful and it's great to look at others collections and advice

_________________
The beatings will continue  until moral improves..

Collection update IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

Posts : 888
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 53
Location : Buckinghamshire

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
The Chippendales... lol!

You have a really nice collection! cheers



Thanks Jim ..

THe chippendales are still recruiting if your interested..

_________________
The beatings will continue  until moral improves..

Collection update IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

Posts : 888
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 53
Location : Buckinghamshire

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Fantastic line up there Dean!

Same as you,  I intended on getting maybe half a dozen at the most when I started collecting back in 2006.......i ended up with a few more than that and still collecting now.

Photographing is the thing I need to get back into,  I love the pics you and the other guys post on here!

Heres to the next 90 figures mate lol! lol!



Thanks mate.... I don't think I have room for one more figure , let alone 90 lol! ...

How many figures do you have in your collection..?

_________________
The beatings will continue  until moral improves..

Collection update IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

Posts : 2339
Join date : 2012-11-14
Age : 58
Location : London

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 7:35 am

Happy (almost) 1st year anniversary of VAM collecting Dean! cheers cheers

I think you've summed up the why....

Rustygun wrote:
.....    but they give me a warm happy feeling of nostalgia....that makes me happy..., which I suppose why a lot of us collect..

It's the how that's impressed everyone!

Rustygun blockbuster productions have really made an impact across the VAM forums. Epic battles with massive purpose built sets. It's the stuff of legend....and childhood dreams. It's been a great year with you on board.

...and you even have more Paras than me! Shocked That's no easy feat either! lol! lol!

_________________
Collection update SKJ_Sig_1

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

Posts : 888
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 53
Location : Buckinghamshire

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Happy (almost) 1st year anniversary of VAM collecting Dean! cheers  cheers

I think you've summed up the why....

Rustygun wrote:
.....    but they give me a warm happy feeling of nostalgia....that makes me happy..., which I suppose why a lot of us collect..

It's the how that's impressed everyone!

Rustygun blockbuster productions have really made an impact across the VAM forums. Epic battles with massive purpose built sets. It's the stuff of legend....and childhood dreams. It's been a great year with you on board.

...and you even have more Paras than me! Shocked  That's no easy feat either! lol! lol!



Thanks for your words of encouragement...
I love making stuff, My dad used to make stuff for me and my brother ...i.e...action man fort and other bits and pieces ...and he made a huge base for my 1/72 soldiers out of plaster on an old kids snooker table it had trees ( sticks from the garden )...with that green bushy stuff from model railway sets.... as leaves , He even put a miniature log cabin on it ..It had hills and caves Even a bridge over a river and water proofed it , so I could pour water it in and sponge it out when I was finished..... and I made the same thing for my eldest boy ..he loved it ....all his mates would come round and play with it for hours. With my old soldiers...
so maybe that's where my inspiration comes from... come to think of it my grandfather used to make stuff ..he built a miniature castle and a little village in his tiny council flat back garden , it was also awesome....I'll see if I can find any pictures of it...
Except now I've only my self to play with...( pardon the pun) lol!

_________________
The beatings will continue  until moral improves..

Collection update IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Breeches Buoy
Glidah Drivah

Posts : 768
Join date : 2013-12-21
Age : 43

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Great collection! I too have a mix of modern (DML, 21st etc) and vintage Joe and VAM!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
Moderator
inntruderr61

Posts : 8168
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 58
Location : Pennsylvania USA

Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Just taking another look at your collection Rustygun! Very interesting
figures you have in your collection! cheers

_________________
JIM...  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Collection update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection update   Collection update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Collection update
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Some pictures of my collection: Giraffes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Collections-
Jump to: