Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Honey I'm home!: I'm glad I got your attention, here's a selection to make you think about using FB:

I tried FB for a week and found it a waste of time, are some of those people on FB for real?, or are they fakes? I have now deleted my FB account, I hate it on there.

Long live the friendly and close-knit community of forums cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:13 pm

I use facebook to see pics and stuff my son posts... He was in Seattle Washington which is like a 4- 5 DAY drive by car... Then he recently moved to Oregon which was basically the same distance away. (Think I'm on one end of the USA and he is on the other..)

Anyhow now he is moving to New York State which is only a 4 hour car drive... cheers cheers cheers

But other then that I do not use facebook anymore.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:41 pm

I know what you mean Jim, FB is good for keeping in touch with family, but the other side to FB there's a lot of folks blowing their own trumpets pretty loud if you know what I mean, it's not very friendly on there, it has a feeling of being fake and unfriendly, it's like a competitive competition with some on FB, it's about showing off to a bigger audience to get more Likes, it's so false on there.. forums are more close-knit where you can make new friends you can trust, forums allow for more detailed subjects to be posted with more depth. FB feels a cold place to tread for me, I just don't like the feeling on there, it's too fast and has a long learning curve. Forums allow for proper HD quality photos to be posted, FB compresses them to look like cr*p, it doesn't matter on small tiny phone screens, but when viewed on large dedicated monitor screens the photos look terrible with compression artifacts and all blurry.. it was so annoying posting edited photos to have them ruined by FB, it makes photo editing software/apps defunct. At least I know a good number of members names on AMMO, and I do keep a list HANDY just in case I get memory problems again lol!

I have now mastered 80% of Flickr cheers I mean , it's easier to learn how to computer code my forum than learn how to use Flickr and FB lol!

It's such a shame to see dedicated forums across the whole internet taking a big hit because of Facebook and Twitter, I tried getting new members to join my and this forum, but you just can't get them off of Facebook..

Microsoft appear to be ready to take over the world and whole internet, free public Wi-Fi will soon become "pay as you go", I only use Windows 10 under massive protest, it's the worst operating system they have ever made, full of bugs still  Sad

Back to top Go down
Joe90
Action Sailor

PostSubject: Re: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 am

D'Oh! Damn Clickbait!!!! Razz

Clive, I get what you're saying about Facebook.  For me it's a way of maintaining contacts with extended family, travelling friends, or moved away friends.  What I like about it is that you can maintain contact with someone with a short comment, or even just a "Like" click.

As far as fake people blowing their own trumpet, or being fake and unfriendly, I can think of a few forums where that occurs on a regular basis.  I've personally seen it on 1/6 forums and guitar forums.  Those types are everywhere.  However, I can honestly say I've seen very little of it here, The Trenches, or at the UAMHQ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:18 am

Hi Doug,

Yes, Clickbait never fails..

Interesting points Doug, most of my family use Facebook to keep in touch with each other as well, which is good. I like forums better though, it's where I started out on the internet, I've got fond memories of using Mike's "Action Burt" forum, it's where I learned how to use forums correctly. Talking of the Trenches, it appears to still be offline, I still can't hook up with that forum, I heard it was a victim of some hackers, which is a big shame. There's been some good forum tools/add-ons being rolled out lately so that forums can keep up with social media, I used one for a trial period on my site, but it didn't hook any new members. There's quite a few missing members on this forum still, some seemed to have completely disappeared overnight and never to be heard of again. Sad

Back to top Go down
Joe90
Action Sailor

PostSubject: Re: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

From what I've learned on the The Trenches' Facebook page the latest problem was not hacker related. What happened is that the service provider did some updates/changes which created the current problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
From what I've learned on the The Trenches' Facebook page the latest problem was not hacker related.  What happened is that the service provider did some updates/changes which created the current problem.

Thanks for the intel Doug, I've been trying to hook up to their site for ages. I hope they get back to normal soon. bounce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:   

Back to top Go down

The Most Stunning, Beautiful Woman In The UK:
Page 1 of 1