Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi folks,

You will recall I had the good fortune to find this chap.

Well a recent e-bay find courtesy of Ackie88 , turned up this chap !

A charity shop find found this fella too

Sans most of his kit and hair but at least that great Mortar Raid webbing .

Another e-bay browse turned up this chap - not sure what set he is from but I like the head sculpt.

Hmm so an idea formed to create a Mortar team for the Munrovian MAM 2nd Battalion Heavy Weapons Platoon and then have a bit of kit bash .

First creating the Mortar team - a quick head swap and here they are .

No1 - He is the charity shop guy -swapped the head & added some MAM combat boots and a Chad Valley Helmet."Firing !"

No2 - More rounds !- Kept him "as-is"

Commander.- "Fire Mission!"- added a VAM beret and Bino's - the Walkie Talkie is Chad Valley.

Here they are in action.

That left the Mortar raid head ( no realistic hair) and the mystery body. The Undershirt effect looks really nice IMO.
So having married the two together I decide to give him a Munroviann Action Soldier look.

I used the Mortar Raid slouch hat ,added a 40th VAM set of GI Joe fatigues, some MAM boots . The cross belt was a very kind donation from Ackie88 ( Alexander )Very Happy

I added a belt order from the spares box - not sure of its heritage but its not MAM . The SLR is classic VAM but has been repaired  in the Munrovian Armoury. The Helmet is Chad Valley and the haversack is from Lanard Ultra Corps.The rolled Jacket is Cammo 40th GI Joe .

Moving  back out of the line...

I hope you enjoyed the pictures . cheers

Steve aka Gunner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Gunner I really really enjoyed looking though each picture of your new Mortar team for the Munrovian MAM 2nd Battalion Heavy Weapons Platoon. Hope we get to see them in one of your stories in the future.

Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Fantastic idea steve to build a mortar squad! they look terrific! also great job on the soldier! bounce bounce

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Fantastic photos! GM! cheers
And nice collection of figures!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chip
Flock Head

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:03 am

Great set of pics .

clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:52 am

I think that communication radio is universal in some modern 12" Knock-Off action figure sets, and I think some Ultra Corps sets as well:

Here's a few cheapos I have with what looks like the same communication radio, it's with Barbie Ken's best mate William (blonde):

It looks the same as this one:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
somekindajoe
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Brace yourselves....SKJ is about to say something nice about MAM! affraid

That's a great mortar team! Really well thought out and put together. They'll be really useful supplying fire support when the Monrovians FINALLY decide to take the battle to the Dragonians! lol!

Random mortar related pic..

My dad was a Mortar man in the Malayan emergency.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Cool pic Steve! booooom! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro
Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Brace yourselves....SKJ is about to say something nice about MAM! affraid

That's a great mortar team! Really well thought out and put together. They'll be really useful supplying fire support when the Monrovians FINALLY decide to take the battle to the Dragonians! lol!

Random mortar related pic..

My dad was a Mortar man in the Malayan emergency.

Hi Steve,
what an ace photo Cool  Interesting to hear about your Dad being I'm Malaya - was he a National Service guy ?

My Dad was in the RAF - but the furthest he got was defending the UK from the Russians on the Isle of Wight !lol!

Thanks ...  some kind words about the MAM Mortars:shock: Shocked -lol!  The Munrovians do need to get out on some some active duty - Those Dragonians can't be just waiting for their Evil plans to succeed. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So some new recruits arrived :

An Immediate Mexican stand off occurs as the disoriented recruits spill out and are met by the welcoming team.

"Don't shoot mate they are MAM ! We may be home !!"

MR2 "Sir ! Two Mortar Raid Troopers reporting for duty"

Island Attack Ackie88.2 -"Pull a gun on me again and your Toast!
"MR 1 Sorry mate - we spent a long time in transit - You can't be too careful"

The other two figures flop out - uh oh Knock Off..
"I think we may be safe .."
"I dunno mate .. with our barbie legs and almost zero articulation.. I'm not too sure .. This looks like a serious outfit.

Mortar Team Commander: :"Come on boys - I'll take you to the QM team & get you kitted out and back in to active service."
MR 2 : "What about the other two guys Sarge ? "

MTC: "Don't worry - Ackie88.2 will take care of them ..."

"Right boys ..It will be better this way .... Shocked  Shocked

Life can be harsh in the e-bay 1/6th world for Knock Off....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Fantastic pics of your new recruits GM! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   

Back to top Go down

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Collections-
Jump to: