ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rations (1944)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Rations (1944) Empty
PostSubject: Rations (1944)   Rations (1944) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Rations (1944) Rations

"Do you ever think we'll git to taste those Kraut Rations again?"

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Rations (1944) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rations (1944)   Rations (1944) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Lets hope they find some soon!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Rations (1944) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rations (1944)   Rations (1944) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Shocked Yes hopefully they find some soon!

Superb pic AY! Very Happy

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Rations (1944) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rations (1944)   Rations (1944) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 5:52 pm

Ok, well known fact: The US Rations were awful.

Lesser known fact: The German Rations were much better. Much better.

Bill Mauldin wrote in his book Up Front (1945):

"When our planes weren't shooting up kraut supply lines, the German army was pretty well fed. Maybe they didn't know much about vitamins, but their stuff was filling. It was always a great day when our patrols found caches of Jerry food.

The Sausage is good, and they have a marmalade that comes packed in a big wooden box and isn't bad at all. Of course, most of this stuff came from France. Now that they can't get it from the French the German diet will probably get slimmer.

But the Germans have a pretty good chow system, according to the prisoners I've talked to. Our guys seldom get a square meal with meat and gravy until they are back in the rest area where the food can be brought up easily. The Germans send all their
best stuff to the front. One prisoner told me that he had transferred from a cushy job in the rear echelon to the infantry so he could get something to eat.

After having eaten normal German front-line rations, prisoners scream when we throw C rations at them. According to the rules, they are supposed to get the same food as their captors, and they refuse to believe that we also eat C rations.

A captured doggie who escaped and returned to our lines at Anzio reported that he had received three meals a day from the Germans, besides a daily chocolate bar, ten cigarettes, and a bottle of beer. That was a hell of a lot better food than we were getting, and if the krauts fed him like that and deliberately let him escape, it was a smart trick.

So all this photo of mine is the boys expressing their desire to have better food than the US Food.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Rations (1944) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rations (1944)   Rations (1944) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
Ok, well known fact: The US Rations were awful.

Lesser known fact: The German Rations were much better. Much better.

Bill Mauldin wrote in his book Up Front (1945):

"When our planes weren't shooting up kraut supply lines, the German army was pretty well fed. Maybe they didn't know much about vitamins, but their stuff was filling. It was always a great day when our patrols found caches of Jerry food.

The Sausage is good, and they have a marmalade that comes packed in a big wooden box and isn't bad at all. Of course, most of this stuff came from France. Now that they can't get it from the French the German diet will probably get slimmer.

But the Germans have a pretty good chow system, according to the prisoners I've talked to. Our guys seldom get a square meal with meat and gravy until they are back in the rest area where the food can be brought up easily. The Germans send all their
best stuff to the front. One prisoner told me that he had transferred from a cushy job in the rear echelon to the infantry so he could get something to eat.

After having eaten normal German front-line rations, prisoners scream when we throw C rations at them. According to the rules, they are supposed to get the same food as their captors, and they refuse to believe that we also eat C rations.

A captured doggie who escaped and returned to our lines at Anzio reported that he had received three meals a day from the Germans, besides a daily chocolate bar, ten cigarettes, and a bottle of beer. That was a hell of a lot better food than we were getting, and if the krauts fed him like that and deliberately let him escape, it was a smart trick.

So all this photo of mine is the boys expressing their desire to have better food than the US Food.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info as I did not know that fact... Very Happy
All makes sense now! Very Happy

Rations (1944) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rations (1944)   Rations (1944) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rations (1944)
Page 1 of 1