ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection

Go down 
+26
Dreadnought
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
Chip
Glidah Drivah
Kimono Troop Command
Sparklebudgie
Didier
Captian action
Rogue-Trooper
SlackElastic
Wolf_Soldier64
gibri
TheOneManKid
Fightin' Irish
Gunner Munro
Reddragon
blackbrazen
FIELD STATION 42
ActionYankee
Beatlefan
Jet-
somekindajoe
JohnnyE4
clivvers
ghost recon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
blackbrazen
Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 am

My second attempt at photographing my favourite uniform. I just propped him in front of the computer screen to get the reflection and the right lighting, but I had to replace the image of the window on the left side of the photo afterwards as you could see the pixels on the screen! I'm pretty happy with it overall...this is what I always imagined as a child: Action Man in orbit looking down on the Earth from his capsule.

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Space_Hero_Porthole-i
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 am

Fantastic stuff Scott! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
blackbrazen
Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 1:07 pm

I have finally had time to photograph some new additions to BBHQ. These were in rough condition when I got them, but some cleaning and reassembly following the videos on ToyPolloi's YouTube channel sorted them out fine. I also got two heads reflocked by Danny at The Forgotten Toybox and three more done by Mick Coxey. They both did a tremendous job. Here's the first of my few additions: Sir Archibald Roylance (yes, I'm a John Buchan fan!)

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Sir_Archibald-i
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Wow! he looks awesome! I can see him becoming a firm fave of BB HQ cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 8:02 pm

The Action Man in orbit looking down on the Earth from his capsule looks so realistic, it’s out of this world. I’m just loving Sir Archibald Roylance look, he’s graytastic.

Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
The Action Man in orbit looking down on the Earth from his capsule looks so realistic, it’s out of this world. I’m just loving Sir Archibald Roylance look, he’s graytastic.

Thanks! Yes, I really like his gray hair. Coxey did a fantastic job!
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 4:42 pm

blackbrazen wrote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's such a laugh making these comics, so I'm glad others appreciate them too!
I have recently managed to get hold of a blue pants eagle eye VAM. I had a nice one back in the day, but sadly he went the same way as all my other Action Man stuff. The one I acquired was in excellent condition – all the plastic was clean and in perfect condition, and the joints were stiff. Sadly however, he had that affliction that seems to have affected quite a few of the blue pants boys – for want of a better word, he was rather ugly! He had the high gloss complexion, the manic shell shocked eyes, the eyebrows halfway up his forehead, and the bright pink lip gloss that seems to have been so common among those chaps. I'm afraid he also had the worst mullet I've seen since the early 1980s. This was how he looked when I received him:

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 EEBP

As I said, he was in excellent condition, so I decided to give him a little bit of a makeover. I started with a very fine sandpaper to take the sheen off his skin. I removed his eyebrows, and also the paint from his lips and scar. Then I gave him a bit of a haircut, changing his hairline on his left temple and trimming his mullet so his hair ended just above his collar. I also pared back the plastic on his right upper eyelid, which was drooping a bit. That done, I painted back on some eyeliner on his upper lids and new eyebrows in the correct location, using a dark brown matt Tamiya enamel, which seemed more appropriate for a blond bloke than the jet black gloss that he'd had before. I also gave  a very light pink tinge to his lips and scar using thinned red clear enamel. The result:

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 EEBP2

Much better! He looks much more normal and ready to be welcomed into the BBHQ Team.
...Now I just have to work out a way to introduce him in a story!

I've got a VAM40 BPEE coming in the mail from Reddragon, wonder if the head can be salvaged in this way... scratch Very Happy

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 5:16 pm

in some cases with the later ee's, they started to paint a dark eyeliner type thing across the top eye lid, maybe that might help cheers
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:32 am

There's a lot of hard work and creativity going on this thread... well done... keep up the good work! cheers

Back to top Go down
blackbrazen
Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 am

Been very busy with work this year and sadly not had so much time for the better (action man related) things in life! Still, managed to get a few shots in now and again, so here are a few updates.

My reflocked BPEE chap, Sandy Arbuthnot out on an adventure:

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Sandy-Jumping-Log-i

...and posing by his old Cherilea bike:

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Sandy-Bike-Relaxing-i

...and here's another of my new lads, Edward Leithen (yes, I'm a John Buchan fan!)

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Leithen-Walking-i

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 am

OMG WOW all these three pictures you’ve taken are just outstanding blackbrazen.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 11:45 am

More amazing shots Scott! Your lads look terrific! cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 4:09 pm

These photos are amazing. GI Joe (okay, Action Man) comes to life!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 4:34 pm

WOWSER blackbrazen! Those are fantastic! Great job! cheers cheers cheers

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Lovin' your work BB cheers cheers cheers

I thnk your attention to detail is excellent -and the set up/shots are really cool Cool - More please Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 am

Excellent figures and nice unique flock work!!!

Will you be doing Richard Hannay? Smile

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
blackbrazen
Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks guys!

gibri wrote:
Excellent figures and nice unique flock work!!!

Will you be doing Richard Hannay? Smile

cheers cheers cheers

Yes, I have...something about him just made be feel like he should be Richard Hannay...

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Hannay-i

He was in a state when I got him:

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Hannay

But a nice flock by Mick Coxey and he came back to life. Older, and more distinguished, but back for more adventures! I do like his scars – they really give him character!

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 11:04 am

He looks amazing Scott, a true hardened adventurer looking for his next adventure. A true asset to BB HQ!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Wow great job! cheers
He's looking good now blackbrazen! Very Happy

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 11:25 pm

Excellent!!!

i'm only familiar with him from the Hitchcock film, but you've peaked my interest in the books.

love the scars too! I know some guys think these knocked about heads are not worth saving, but I really like them.

I'm not familiar with Mick Coxey. He does nice work!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
blackbrazen
Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 am

gibri wrote:
Excellent!!!

i'm only familiar with him from the Hitchcock film, but you've peaked my interest in the books.

love the scars too! I know some guys think these knocked about heads are not worth saving, but I really like them.

I'm not familiar with Mick Coxey. He does nice work!

cheers cheers cheers

Yes, he does some of the best flocks I've ever seen – very creative! He's on eBay as "stoke37"

Glad I interested you in the books – the best British adventure books ever written!
Back to top Go down
blackbrazen
Eagle Eyes
blackbrazen

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 pm

One more new shot, this time a shot of Bodie in action. I'm experimenting with fast shutter speeds and throwing bits of earth to get explosion effects...pretty happy with the results so far!

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Bodie-Under-Fire-i

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Wow that’s one impressive explosion effects picture you’ve taken there blackbrazen.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 2:51 pm

bounce bounce bounce AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Wow, excellent shot, fantastic effects!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection   Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackbrazen: Resurrected Collection
Page 8 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next