Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

General Action Man Chat (vam, MAM, Joes & 1/6) Plus Other Hobbies...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: General Action Man Chat (vam, MAM, Joes & 1/6) Plus Other Hobbies...   Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 pm

I thought this might be a good place to start this thread as it's higher up in the AMMO league table and will get noticed more:

I would like to know if there are similar minded people like me who treat the world of Action Man as a way of life and not just a hobby, I'm in for the long trip (Life) or is the AM/Joe/1/6 hobby just a passing phase with you? I hear that most people get bitten by the nostalgic bug around the age of 40 onwards, there's some truth in it considering the average age of AM and model train collectors? the only time I put my so called man toys away was when I was dating my girlfriends throughout the late 1970's and onwards, my hobbies are thriving at the moment because I'm single right now, my next girlfriend must understand that I like man toys lol!

Over the years since 2009 I've been fanatical when searching at car boot sales and charity shops for any type of Action Man and 1/6 figures, I went to at least two car boot sales at weekends since 2009/2010 up until about 2 years ago, there was always one on a saturday and one on a Sunday (THE BIG ONE), nearly my entire Action Man Nation came from car boot sales and charity shops, plus a lot of help from Ackie with our regular MAM postal swaps....

Can you see yourself getting bored of collecting Action Man and similar figures? I sometimes take a few months out for a rest each year, so that when I come back my enthusiasm is refreshed.. I would like to hear your story, so what are you waiting for, tell us what your favourite vam, MAM, Joe or 1/6 figure is, or even your other hobbies, I have a few other hobbies like Model trains, Scalextric, telescopes/binoculars/astronomy, Nintendo (best fun games by far), comics, photography and old digital cameras plus much more....

I would love to hear your thoughts, as dialogue is very important with like minded people in this hobby we all share, it helps bond everyone and makes AMMO and the Action Man hobby thrive bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: General Action Man Chat (vam, MAM, Joes & 1/6) Plus Other Hobbies...   Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:32 am

I mainly only collect Gijoes and accessories I had as a child...
So that's 1966-1971

But I do have some Joes I never had as a child...Like Astronauts, Green Beret, etc.

Also have some other toys I had as a child...Robots etc.

I was raised by my Grandparents and they had little money so I appreciate the
fact they still bought me Gijoes, etc. and made all my Christmas good ones!

I'd say Gijoe is a part of me and not a passing phase! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: General Action Man Chat (vam, MAM, Joes & 1/6) Plus Other Hobbies...   Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
I mainly only collect Gijoes and accessories I had as a child...
So that's 1966-1971

But I do have some Joes I never had as a child...Like Astronauts, Green Beret, etc.

Also have some other toys I had as a child...Robots etc.

I was raised by my Grandparents and they had little money so I appreciate the
fact they still bought me Gijoes, etc. and made all my Christmas good ones!

I'd say Gijoe is a part of me and not a passing phase! Very Happy

I do like all robots, I have a small collection of recent made ones that i hope to include in future comic strips, your ones are excellent. Same with me, I appreciated every toy I got for Christmas and looked after them as money was always short in my family back in the 1960's/70's. It's nice to hear that your Joes are part of you in a big way. I sleep amongst my figures, they are everywhere in my bedroom, even hanging above my bed and prevent me from drawing my curtains of a night, I have to use a fishing rod section to shut them lol!

Nice one Jim cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Action Man Chat (vam, MAM, Joes & 1/6) Plus Other Hobbies...   

Back to top Go down

General Action Man Chat (vam, MAM, Joes & 1/6) Plus Other Hobbies...
Page 1 of 1