Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Empty
PostSubject: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 am

When your taking your Action Man, Gi Joe or any other figure photographs for ether random shots or for using in a story are you more of a going outside in the fresh air were there is national light and fabulous locations, staying indoors in the warmth using a lamp as light and using computer graphics or maybe a bit of both.

Let’s here your answers members Very Happy.

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Most of my photos are done indoors, i just find it easier. i do get out occasionally tho lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Outside definitely... for me photos seem more realistic Amongst vegetation .....unless your dal and have great indoor made environments..

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 11:22 pm

I find it easier to do pics inside also, BUT hard to beat good outside pics! Very Happy

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 3:59 am

A little of both for me. Each has it's own special qualities and/or drawbacks.

It makes me think of an analogy Jerry Garcia made comparing playing music live vs. studio work. "Playing in a studio is like building a ship in a bottle, playing live is like rowing a boat on the ocean."

i think the same analogy could apply here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 1:30 pm

I used to do all 3, outdoor shots are always the best because of natural light can't be beaten. In the past 2 years I have mainly taken pictures indoors with plenty of LED lighting, I've been using the bokeh effect for about 9 years now and works better outdoors. I've had a Bat Light since last year, it's is the ideal and cheapest bang for buck light you can buy for indoor photography, here's what it looks like: https://www.facebook.com/homebase/videos/1799695033375019/  and found here at Homebase for only £14.88 at: https://www.homebase.co.uk/ultimate-bat-light-led-torch_p375110 it really is amazing for indoor and outdoor (overcast days) photography, why spend ££ - $$ on phototgraphy lamps when this will perfectly do.. The bat light can also play many other roles around the home, like being used in the loft/attic when you are searching for childhood vam/MAM & Joes, it's very robust too.. I endorse this lamp with the "clivvers Stamp of Approval" (10/10 score)

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Jet-
Breeches Buoy
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 3:46 pm

I do like a good outdoor shoot but it has its risks, many a time I've lost an Ammo clip or some other small part affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:36 am

Jet- wrote:
I do like a good outdoor shoot but it has its risks, many a time I've lost an Ammo clip or some other small part affraid

Jet, i think the best solution to prevent future loss of small ammo clips is to sew it onto belts, or the uniform, just a double stitch with grey polyester/nylon thread will suffice, and do the same for grenades (the most lost vam item amongst the grass).

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:24 pm

There is one other factor to consider in outdoor shooting...dogs. Shocked

I've told this story before, but when i was setting up these shots I heard a whistle off in the distance,
then this dog comes over sniffing the figures and knocking them over.
His owner called and he ran off. Later I thought what a fix i'd have been in if the dog
had grabbed one and run off...

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? DSCF1649%2520%283%29

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? DSCF1599%2520%284%29

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? DSCF1604%2520%283%29

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? DSCF1634%2520%283%29

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? DSCF1665%2520%283%29
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 pm

For me when I’m photographing Mam pictures for ether random shots or for using in a story, I’m more of a going outside in the fresh air were there is national light and fabulous locations kinda person. I do take a fair few inside pictures when I’m showing off a new figure in my collection or I’ll use my metal room for mostly doing my stories.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?   Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you more of a going outside, staying indoors or both when your taking photographs?
Page 1 of 1