Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Empty
PostSubject: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 am

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... 15164111

Last edited by inntruderr61 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 3:43 am

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Figure%2520pics%2C%2520at%2C%2520halloween%2C%2520zombie%2520019%2520%282%29

...when the wolfbane blooms...and the moon is full and bright...

One of my all time favorite actors.

Great shot Jim!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 am

Terrific stuff Jim bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 10:17 am

Nice design Jim, looks really cool! Ackie sent me the same werewolf as yours last year, and I'm over the moon with it! cheers

Nice figure Bri, Howwwl! affraid

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Jet-
Breeches Buoy
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Nice figures, are they sideshow ?
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 am

Jet- wrote:

Yes these are sideshow...I only have the werewolf figure...Lon chaney Jr, I
only have the head itself...lol

I like the werewolf figure but would love it alot more if it could stand on its own... Twisted Evil

Great pic of Lon Chaney Jr Bri! Nice figure!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-12-WOLFMAN-FIGURE-LOOSE-COMPLETE/323003780239?hash=item4b34868c8f:g:IG0AAOSwFb5aLt0l

Last edited by inntruderr61 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:24 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Jet- wrote:

Yes these are sideshow...I only have the werewolf figure...Lon chaney Jr, I
only have the head itself...lol

I like the werewolf figure but would love it alot more if it could stand on its own... Twisted Evil

I know what you mean Jim. if you don't have the log mounting base for the figure he won't stand up and even with the base it's a tricky proposition.

I was also disappointed in the figure  because all they did was put a wolfman head and hands on a regular 'white' figure. i had wanted to pose
him with the shirt unbuttoned but no can do.

otherwise it's a nicely sculpted figure with nice paint apps and nice accessories.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:46 am

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... 15164911

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... 15165011

BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:20 am

Jim, those figures are really nice, good effects too! Those classic monsters will be great for some comic photos of Joe being chased by them throughout 2018 lol! bounce bounce bounce

clivvers @ Why Not Volunteer Some of Your Free Time At Your Local Well Being Centre To Help Others 2018.

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Another cool shot Jim!!!

and another interesting thing about these old Sideshow Universal Monsters figures is
that they did at least 3 versions of the Frankenstein monster, one each of the monster
as portrayed by Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney, Jr. and Bela Lugosi.

Last edited by gibri on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 pm

clivvers wrote:
Jim, those figures are really nice, good effects too! Those classic monsters will be great for some comic photos of Joe being chased by them throughout 2018 lol! bounce bounce bounce

clivvers @ Why Not Volunteer Some of Your Free Time At Your Local Well Being Centre To Help Others 2018.

Thanks Clivves! Very Happy

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:38 pm

gibri wrote:
Another cool shot Jim!!!

and another interesting thing about these old Sideshow Universal Monsters figures is that they did at least 3 versions of the Frankenstein monster, one each of the monster as portrayed by Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney, Jr. and Bela Lugosi.

Thanks Bri! Very Happy
The Frankenstein monster I got is Lon Chaney Jr... Very Happy
I do not have the other ones...

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 3:15 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
gibri wrote:
Another cool shot Jim!!!

and another interesting thing about these old Sideshow Universal Monsters figures is that they did at least 3 versions of the Frankenstein monster, one each of the monster as portrayed by Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney, Jr. and Bela Lugosi.

Thanks Bri! Very Happy
The Frankenstein monster I got is Lon Chaney Jr... Very Happy
I do not have the other ones...

I have the Boris version, Jim, but i wish i had gotten all of them they were so cheap compared to what they cost now.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 2:18 am

Just now seen this Bri...Sorry...
Yes they are expensive now...lol

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... 15174511

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 3:54 am

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Figure%2520pics%2C%2520at%2C%2520halloween%2C%2520zombie%2520017%2520%282%29

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 7:28 am

Nice collection of classic monsters Jim Cool

Bri/gibri,

Looks like he wants to be the new Buddy Holly lol!

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Wpk6tca7lbpcwckl

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 11:30 pm

gibri wrote:
and another interesting thing about these old Sideshow Universal Monsters figures is
that they did at least 3 versions of the Frankenstein monster, one each of the monster
as portrayed by Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney, Jr. and Bela Lugosi.
gibri, you don't know how it heartens me to hear you refer to him as "the Frankenstein Monster".
So many people erroneously refer to him as "Frankenstein".

Mary Shelley's original novel never ascribes an actual name to the monster; although when speaking to his creator, Victor Frankenstein, the monster does say "I ought to be thy Adam" (in reference to the first man created in the Bible). Frankenstein refers to his creation as "creature", "fiend", "spectre", "the demon", "wretch", "devil", "thing", "being", and "ogre". Frankenstein's creation did at least once refer to himself as a "monster" as well as other villagers towards the end of the novel.

Sabotage
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 6:37 pm

"Tell me about the rabbits, George."

There was actually a Lon Chaney, Jr. action figure?!? Shocked

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 11:36 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
"Tell me about the rabbits, George."

There was actually a Lon Chaney, Jr. action figure?!? Shocked

Three of them, actually, at least. The Frankenstein Monster (The Ghost of Frankenstein) as performed
by Lon in Jim's photos above, The Wolfman (naturally) and Larry Talbot. His father Lon Chaney, Sr. was done too, Phantom and maybe another character or two.

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Figure%2520pics%2C%2520at%2C%2520halloween%2C%2520zombie%2520019%2520%282%29

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Figure%2520pics%2C%2520at%2C%2520halloween%2C%2520zombie%2520024%2520%282%29
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 3:28 am

he he great photos Bri! cheers

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... 100_4810

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 5:07 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
he he great photos Bri! cheers

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... 100_4810
The soundtrack to that pic. would have to be "The Monster Mash"....with vocals by the immortal Boris Karloff!
Yes, it actually exists!
Worth a check-out, because it's hysterical! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sabotage
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 5:50 am

LeStryge wrote:

The soundtrack to that pic. would have to be "The Monster Mash"....with vocals by the immortal Boris Karloff!
Yes, it actually exists!

Well... ya learn somethin' every day! And this was definitely the most interesting thing I learned today!

I just looked up the Karloff version of Monster Mash online. Mr. Karloff hosted a Halloween season episode of the TV music show Shindig in 1965, in which he performed at least a portion of the song. Sadly, the original audio and video footage has been lost, but a music fan recorded the audio on reel-to-reel tape during the original broadcast. Other fans have combined the audio with snippets of remaining video from the telecast to "reconstruct" an approximation of the performance. The reconstruction can be found on YouTube and other online sites.

Karloff's song segues in to a dance number featuring the imposing butler Lurch (actor Ted Cassidy) from TV's The Addams Family.

Sabotage
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 6:03 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Well... ya learn somethin' every day! And this was definitely the most interesting thing I learned today!
Well as I always say...."every day's a school day!"
There is a VERY good impersonation of Boris Karloff singing the entire "Monster Mash" by Bobby (Boris) Pickett and the Krypt-Kickers on Axis Label (AXIS 6110)
The LP has a lot of other Halloween themed music too.
BIG Halloween fan here...one of my favourite times of the year!

PostSubject: Re: Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...   Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lon Chaney jr at his best....Added pics...
Page 1 of 1